Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 05-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Information "accidental/coincidental" relationships Vs the traditional

Accidental?
stroke of luck?
fate?

“A twist of fate makes life worthwhile”

Some people say we are masters of our own fate, creators of our own luck, some people say that it’s all part of a greater plan for us... regardless it seems more and more successful s/M relationships are being formed by ‘accident’ or coincidence. People who are not necessarily vocally searching for someone but find each other anyway and it works well.

So maybe we are moving away from the ad sought relationship? I mean, you don’t advertise in your local newspaper for girl/boyfriends so why do it here looking for a relationship. So what are the advantages of searching by ads, and what about the accidental kind? And how do you make sure that you’re going about it the right way?

One of the key advantages of the accidental or coincidental relationship is that it is natural. By not being a collision of “I WANT A DOM/SUB NOW!!!!!”-ness like can be the case in the ad section it allowed you to grow your relationship and trust in that person and without the pressures of needing trust for it to be ‘right’. You have time to acclimatise to one another without necessarily realising that is what you’re doing.
There is also the likely hood that an ‘accidental’ or more appropriate ‘coincidental’ will stand the test of time longer than others, and is more fulfilling, again because you have time to get to know THEM, their personality, there life and what they are like in general not just the kink and the pure s/M of things. Again making a relationship more wholesome.

However a lot of people want a ‘quick fix’ and for them a relationship such as this is not right for them. They just want someone without having to wait for Mr/Mrs right. It would seem that writing an ad is the quicker solution, and for many people the easier of the two. What you may find though in these relationships is that they do not last as long [DISCLAIMER: in my opinion and experience]

I think though, from what I have heard and experienced, that non ad relationships seem to be more light hearted, once the real work is done you go back to being friends. Of course I can’t speak for everyone.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

I agreeeeeeee. Two thumbs up.

I think because I'm not a 24/7 anything, I like when I have someone and we discover we have the same interests and move from there. So our relationship isn't based on our mutual likes/kinks/desires but it grows because of it. (:

You know how, the more things you have in common with someone and the more things you like to do together, the closer you get.

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
sweetsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Mere
Account Banned

Kind of agreed. The relationships which start from "ads" are generally short termed. What I feel is, the "ad" always remains between them. I don't know if that makes sense to you. I mean, the "base" is always the ad.
Accidental relationships. Certainly that is according to the fate and probably the best. But from other people's view, I would say, people can't just "wait" for ever.
I can say things till forever, but I think what I said is enough.
There has to be some explanation to this, people can't "wait forever."

I dominate.
.. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]♔
Mere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Dutch
getDare Sweetheart

I agree and I find myself quite unable to respond to ads, or use traditional dating websites. Its not me I suppose.

Right now im in a wonderful relationship (and not looking anymore, LOL) with someone I would have never expected it, and certainly not plan it. But its wonderful because it's completely accidental and started with a warm friendship and slowly grew for there.
I think the fact that it started out with a friendship is a very strong base for the relationship to grow on - at the risk of over thinking things. I simply love the fact that we've gone from friends to good friends and now to boyfriend and girlfriend.

Adopt a Pokemon!

24, male, switch.
If you have to ask my likes / limits, chances are you will never know.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:36 AM   #5
Nixie
getDare Devil

Like. Personally I never look at the ads. Unless someone points them out to me to giggle at. But other than that. I don't even bother with them.

Leo:YOU HARLTOT

Simple Tips
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I think that both can work. I agree that "accidental" often work better and last much longer, but there is value to ads - if for no other reason that to let it be known that you're looking, and to have a bit about you that someone can read. They may see you around later on and get to talking (as in Chloe's example with that M guy I forget the name of.) When you're actively looking for a dom or submissive, you're marketing yourself, and so you want to make yourself as visible as possible (within reason, without being an ass about it, of course.)

Oh and as for looking at ads, I'm far more likely to actually pay attention to someone if they have a bunch of posts that I can look at to get a better feel for the person beforehand. But I also like the idea that people don't just come on the site to post an ad, that they actually participate in the community.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk