getDare Succubus

Heart Live Werewolf Discussion

Let's Make gD Live Werewolf More Fun!

Questions

How many players would be best ?

How long should each day be ?

How many Villager roles ?

How many WW ?

Would you be interested in an advanced game with more roles and players?

Day and time you would prefer to play?
(Please use GMT time to keep it all the same)

Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
JustAiden

1: I liked it with 14 was good number not to many that the discussion drowns out the game, but enough the game isn't over quickly.

2: I liked the 10/10 of the second round we did.

3: WW's I think should be 3 or 5, keep it at an odd number for easier votes on who to kill

4: Yes

5: Er.. I liked todays set up. sunday nothing going on so good to have a little interaction on a slow day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis de Sade
When she's abandoned her moral center and teachings...when she's cast aside her facade of propriety and lady-like demeanor...when I have so corrupted this fragile thing and brought out a writhing, mewling, bucking, wanton whore for my enjoyment and pleasure.....enticing from within this feral lioness...growling and scratching and biting...taking everything I dish out to her.....at that moment she is never more beautiful to me.
JustAiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #3
Ly Ph
getDare Sweetheart

After some one in chat (sorry for not remembering who) talked about one night Wearwolf I looked into it and it maybe worth checking out.

Even though the games didn't feel long when we were playing they were almost an hour each. One night involves looking at the rolls at the start then players mess with those roles and add uncertainty into the game (e.g. trouble maker swaps two other players rolls without looking), then everyone tries to talk and vote on killing a werewolf without checking what their new roll is there is only one vote that takes place if you kill a Wearwolf the villages win, if you kill anyone else the villages lose. It is possible there is no wearwolf at all (3/4 rolls kept in the centre) in which case the villages want to tie up the vote.

It kinda means as a host you find out who is each roll is at the start, then have to ask people in order how they want to mess with the rolls and beyond that no more work to do until the end. (the video I watched)

I just thought I would put that out there as it maybe less work on the organisers.

Likes/Dislikes/Limits here
Ly Ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #4
Sain
GetDare's Green Knight

Anywhere between 7 and 15.

I like the 5 minute discussion and 5 minute voting that was used in the game I played. I think anything faster than that would feel rushed.

How many WW ?
There really isn't a formula I would use, I just have a feel for what would make a balanced game.

Somewhat. I'm interested in hosting some closed games (meaning the players don't know which roles are in the game). This allows for more creativity by the WW, as they can claim to be a role that may not be in the game. In open games (where the role list is known), it's hard to claim a role as WW, because the real role is guaranteed to be in the game.

To make this happen, I need to make a list of about 5-6 possible town roles.* Then, before each game, I can link to the list of possible roles. So everyone would know what roles could be in the game, but not what roles actually are in the game.

*More is easily possible, but I don't want to confuse new players with too many roles.

I prefer Tuesday-Thursday because I work on weekends, but can play on weekends too if it's about the same time as today. I was confused today because it was advertised to be 8 PM GMT. My time zone is Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), which is GMT -7. So I showed up at 12:45 PM to find I missed the first game. Remember when advertising the time, that the time in London is British Summer Time, or GMT +1.

Last edited by Sain; 10-07-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Sain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #5
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartFun View Post

Questions

How many players would be best? 7 or above may be best. Maybe not over 13 or 14.

How long should each day be ? The 5/5 was suitable and easier in my opinion. Felt too rushed with the lesser one.

How many Villager roles ?Keep balanced.

How many WW ?Keep balanced.

Would you be interested in an advanced game with more roles and players? It depends, I wouldn't want a closed game. I prefer knowing the roles. But, the last paragraph with what Sain is suggesting on this would be okay.

12 am GMT, I'm usually not busy at this time and it would be easier for me to be able to play. I like it being on Sunday honestly.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
Bloxo
getDare Devil

Firstly, wanted to say it was great to have this kind of event, was nice to interact with members on the site and have a good time! Great way to meet people and get to know them better

Well more players equals longer games...I think 10-15 would be a max really so it doesn't get too crazy1

5 minutes worked well for the day, maybe 3 minutes for votes? 5 seemed like more than enough time
Maybe restrict chat to only voting at these times, and I don't think players should be able to change votes as it goes on

I feel this depends on how many players there are, too many roles can complicate things, especially for new players, if you have more roles, make sure they are listed in the post so people know what they are, also explaining how they work with the chat

Personally, would keep to a third rule maybe, 5 roles for 15 players? No more than 1 seer! Also, not sure the seer should be able to say they are a seer...

How many WW ?

Again, depends on the number of people playing...minimum 2, maximum 3 I'd say, 4 for say 20 people

I think this could work...but the more people playing, the more the chat becomes hard to follow, perhaps have some rules on what people can talk about to restrict it to game relevant chat

Weekends work best for me, generally free, time of day is better in the evenings

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Bloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #7
KittenLicks
getDare's Naughtiest Kitten

How ever many show up! I'd hate to have to wait for players, or tell people they can't play. When I did this in another place, I just made a bunch of balanced role lists for each possible number, then picked one out.

Eg.

8 people - 2 wolves, 1 seer
9 people - 2 wolves, 1 seer, 1 bodyguard
10 people etc.

This is a good resource for setups, but if Heart wants I can make lists for 8-14 players and we can discuss them.

I worried that 5 minutes discussion and 5 minutes voting was too long, but people didn't mind it, so I'm happy with that.

How many WW ?

This depends on how many people there are.

Not really! There were people last game that didn't understand what was going on. I'd much prefer we make absolutely sure everyone knows how to play the simpler version.

I do want a fun theme, though! If I host next there's definitely gonna be one.

Last time was fine for me! Maybe see about getting it added to the calendar though?

One Night Werewolf can be fun, too! I personally prefer the normal variant, and I don't mind the stresses of hosting if nobody else wants to. c:

The main things I want changed for next time are:
  • Rules explained before the game, for those that don't know.
  • More balanced rolelist.
  • A private chat for werewolves. We could use tinychat or something. When there's 3 or 4 of you it's extremely hard to chat through pm.

PM Dares
"Oh god help! Bunny is trapped in KittenLicks signiture 0///0 Save Bunny!!! 9/10"
~ Fieldofbunnies
KittenLicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:33 PM   #8
humiliation_sub
getDare Sweetheart

I have a lot of experience playing and moderating games of Mafia on another site. This includes live games.

For live games, the ideal sizes are 7, 9, 11, or 13. I wouldn't go larger than 13. I also wouldn't go with an even number if you can avoid it. Live games with large player lists get too chaotic, both to mod and play. Unless using a setup specifically designed for it, using even numbers just lowers town win probability by making it harder to lynch scum in the earlier phases and giving scum an extra kill. You get the same number of mislynches before losing in an even-numbered setup as if you had one less player.

I can endorse the link KittenLicks posted for setups. The most important thing to a fun game of Mafia/Werewolf is the balance of the setup. If one side feels like they never had a serious chance from the start, it gets boring/annoying fast.

Also, for slightly more complex setups without making things too difficult for newbies, give Semi-Opens some love.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php...mi-Open_Setups

It's really only more complex for the moderator, not the players. On the player side, you just don't know 100% which roles are in the game until people start flipping, but the way you approach the game is the same.

I'd specifically recommend these (for varying player sizes):

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=2of4 (9 players)
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B (13 players)

And if you're willing to mess with night mechanics somewhat but want a VERY simple setup for 11 players:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php...Semi-Nightless

Likes: Humiliation, embarrassment, diapers/ABDL, bondage, spanking, anal, pictures, other stuff I haven't tried yet?

Dislikes: Chastity (so subby, but so frustrating!), mouth soaping (ewwww >.<), cross-dressing (no clothes), pain

Limits: Public, shit, illegal, permanent, messy, anything involving other people, severe pain, cbt, cum eating, enemas

Kik: humilsub

Last edited by humiliation_sub; 10-08-2018 at 01:04 PM.
humiliation_sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #9
AbusiveMaster
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sain View Post
Remember when advertising the time, that the time in London is British Summer Time, or GMT +1.
Well that is true in British Summer time. However, as it is not British Summer Time, we are in GMT which is standard UK time. So the reason you missed the game is that you arrived an hour late.

I am extremely happy with the wonderful girl I have.
I do NOT want anyone else. This includes casual play
or giving tasks/punishments. Do not ask!!
AbusiveMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #10
Sain
GetDare's Green Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Post
However, as it is not British Summer Time, we are in GMT which is standard UK time.
This is not true. British Summer Time ends on October 28.

Last edited by Sain; 10-08-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:19 AM   #11
Simi

Questions

I normally find around 10 to 16 is best
2 minutes discussion, 1 minute voting, night ends as soon as all roles are done
Depends on numbers, at 10 use 7, at 16 use 11 or 12 depending on if advance roles are in use
How many WW ?
3 bad characters at ten, 4 or 5 at 16
Yes, I play werewolf daily on my phone and it's much more interesting with advance roles

Come join our free Getdare Minecraft Server!
More players are always welcome!

Want to be interrogated?
Assorted questionnaire links!

Fancy a pounding from a piggy?
Check out my anal stretching dice dare!

Training Threads:

Fantasised about being hypnotised and trained?
Visit the Hypnosis Training Advice thread!

Become a piss slut at the
Piss drinking Academy

About me, and likes/limits
My bdsm test
Torment a Piggy (Pm Dares)
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:17 AM   #12
Heart
getDare Succubus

Heart

so I think since our clocks haven't changed yet in America

currently its 9:14AM in EST
and I checked with Icy and its 2:14PM

which is still a 5 hour difference. I guess I don't understand how
8PM is not my 3pm

I will just use GMT-5 EST and let everyone convert for themselves cause I really still think I started the game on time lol!
Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 AM   #13
Heart
getDare Succubus

so next game same time as last week 3pmEST.

Kittenlicks will host.

We will do an odd number of players between 9 and 13.

We will decide roles when we confirm who is playing
Old 10-09-2018, 06:22 AM   #14
KittenLicks
getDare's Naughtiest Kitten

Quote:

8PM is not my 3pm

I will just use GMT-5 EST and let everyone convert for themselves cause I really still think I started the game on time lol!
You should add it to Butterfly's calendar. It works off local time and is basically magic. :P

PM Dares
"Oh god help! Bunny is trapped in KittenLicks signiture 0///0 Save Bunny!!! 9/10"
~ Fieldofbunnies
KittenLicks is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to KittenLicks for this post:
Old 10-09-2018, 06:26 AM   #15
Sain
GetDare's Green Knight

Quote:

8PM is not my 3pm

How about you just make it the same time as last time, and I can wake up an hour earlier. That might end the confusion.

I think I understand now. I get confused because I'm using precise definitions for time zones, while you're talking like a normal human would in everyday conversation. We just aren't speaking the same language.

Right now, it's
8:25 AM (Chicago, GMT -5)
9:25 AM (New York City, GMT -4)
1:25 PM (GMT)
2:25 PM (London, GMT +1)

Last edited by Sain; 10-09-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Advertisements
Kink Talk