Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave
Asterisk Points for reporting?

First of all I need to clarify that I DO NOT WANT ANY POINTS FOR REPORTING. I DO IT FOR GOOD AND I DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING IN RETURN.

As most you have seen, there are lots of underage S/M discussions, rude discussions etc. are going on this site which reduce the site popularity dramatically. Most of the time, people do reply to a thread saying it's underage or they just blame the person who start the thread. Only few people actually use the 'report' button.

What if the person who report a VALID thread (aka a thread with problems or thread which violate the site rules) gets something in return? Don't you think it will help moderators to see those threads quickly then? It will encourage people to report problematic threads.

As I see, the main reason, why people don't report a thread is, why should they? Only few people really having the ache about underage problem and site rules violation. They just replying to the thread and they do not spend time to report a thread.

What am I suggesting?!?

Let's say, some person reports 100 valid threads. Then he will get 100 points and a star next to his username or whatever. If a person reports a NON VALID thread (aka a thread which does not really violates any site rules) then he will loose two points. So people will not just report ANY thread to just to get an Star.

Intention of this kind of system is NOT TO HAVE A COMPETITION but a easy way to recognize who have contributed to the site. We all know that If a person get some recognition for what they've done, they do encouraging about what they are doing. Then the users will more likely click on the 'report' button rather just replying to the thread.
yours_slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
report, reporting, star, suggestion, thread