Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster
Music Beam getDare Radio

>> Click here to listen! <<

Hello guys, I am proud to announce getDare Radio.

With help from youngdaremaaster, originally his idea, and permission from depp, getDare radio went live as of 3pm GMT on the 4th of April, 2011. getDare Radio is still in the beta stages and I will be updating periodically until it gets to where I want it to be. If you have any ideas on features you would like to see please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

getDare radio has an Auto-DJ feature so there will be music playing at all times. As it stands we only have two DJs, youngdaremaaster, and myself. If you are interested please submit an application to me by PM or email, locatable at the bottom of this post.

How can I listen?

You can listen to getDare radio by going here.

On this page you will find a flash player that will start to auto-play. You can either leave this page open or click on your favorite media players' icon to open it in your media player. On this site you will also locate some statistics for the radio server; current song, current listeners, max users allowed, and server status. If the source status is Remote, it means there is a live DJ online.

Have an iPhone or iPod touch or iPad?
Click the Winamp icon and it will open in your devices media player.

Note, these are currently the only mobile devices that have been tested. You may be able to find one that works for your device.

What do you need from me?

- Feedback, anything you like, dislike, think is cool.
- Any ideas you have for features.
- Song requests for the Auto-DJ, please be tasteful I will ignore any racist songs, or otherwise derogatory songs.

If you are interested in becoming a DJ,
please fill out this application and PM it to Lilysmaster.

Username:
DJ Name:
Languages spoken:
Times (in GMT) available for DJing:
Favorite music genre:
3 Favorite bands:
Why do you want to be a getDare DJ?

Along with this application, it is asked that you submit a short, 3-5 song playlist that you feel best represents the type of music you would play and your style in general. Please include the track name and artist.
Please remember that not all applications will be accepted and that scheduled times are based on availability.

Quick recap:
The radio site is located here.
If you have questions, comments, etc. PM me or email me at lilysmaster[at]gmail[dot]com I look forward to your feedback.

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.

Last edited by BettyBoop; 10-15-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Changing to the new links.
lilysmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Ninjota
Distinguished Member

Ive listened in on it a couple times, i just want to say this has a lot of potential to be really, really awesome!

Line up a bunch of music, get some DJs, there could be on air shows and interviews, etc.

Lots of fun! I suggest checking it out!
If I was your vampire, death waits for no one
Hold my hands across your face
Because I think our time has come
Ninjota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

Thank you for the support everyone, I am slowly getting it closer to where I want it. Made a HUGE auto-dj playlist update. Also, I have had numerous messages about become DJs once I get the DJ page up I will start getting live DJs on the air.

I am currently looking for people to record station jingles, like station identification. Basically "You are now listening to getDare Radio." you can include your name or something creative if you would like, please save these as mp3 and email them to me. All recording will be screened for quality and content.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
princessjessie
Distinguished Member

im gonna anoy most people and say play some Justin Beiber

princessjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
Stellz
Distinguished Member

Location: A boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

I'm quite pleased to announce that I will have a time slot on getDare radio!
I'll be broadcasting Sunday - Thursday nights from 11:30PM - 12:30 AM EST.
If you need the GMT times they can be found here along with a link to converting time zones. I know this doesn't work with alot of people's schedules, so I may record the shows if I can figure out how to and upload them as audio blogs on my tumblr. Even if I can't upload the shows, I'll at least have my playlists available if you're curious as to what I played.

Within my scheduled days and times I'm going to have specific days/shows for specific things.

Mehhhh Mondays
Mondays are pretty stressful and crappy for those of us that have to go back to school and work, so my Monday slot is going to be all about relaxed and chill music. There's not going to be alot of talking, just alot of relaxing.

Tell me what you want Tuesdays
This show is going to be all about you guys! I'll be taking requests via THIS FORM and live on chat.
Using the submission form is going to be the best way to make sure what you want gets played. Be sure to include the song name and artist. Also put in your username if you'd like to have it announced that I'm playing this song for you or if you want to anonymously dedicate it to someone else.

What's up Wednesdays
During this show I'll be doing alot of talking. This will be a place for question and answer, interviews, advice and whatever else we feel like doing. Using THIS FORM you can submit questions you want me to answer, shout outs and things you want me to say, and advice questions. Again, I'll also be taking all those things in chat but using the form is your best bet. Unless you wish to remain anonymous, include your username in the shout out/question. There will also be breaks for music, but I'm just going to play whatever seems to fit my mood.

Theme Thursdays
Pretty simple. I'm going to make a playlist centered around a different theme each week. I'll take theme suggestions, but may not always go with them.

Stellar Sundays
This is my day to be selfish. Sunday is my day for whatever music I want. No requests or shout outs will be taken that day. I'll be playing whatever I'm in the mood for or that's been in my head for a while. I may make my own shout outs, but that's about it.

Please remember that your requests are just that... REQUESTS. If I can't find the song or think it's too inappropriate I won't play it.

Thanks in advance for your submissions!

29 She/Her Married & Monogamous
Owner of my pup and husband
Ask me about our adventures <3

Last edited by Stellz; 04-08-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Stellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
AlmightyElemental
Distinguished Member

I'm also pleased to announce that I've become a DJ as well but am substantially less organized than Stellz is.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
LadyCeleste

Hey GD,

I'm Lady Celeste, or LadyC on the radio. I am one of the DJs for the getDare radio. Below are the days I DJ for getDare. I am on from 05:30-06:30 GMT.

Monday

Being that it is the beginning of the week, there will probably be a lot of softer rock, music that you tend to listen to after work to wind down. A lot of trance. If you have a request that falls in these categories, use Music Submission Form.

Tuesday

This is talk Tuesday. It’s where I’ll be live on the air talking and doing various talk show type of programming. Content has yet to come. Music will be used as commercials. Motivational talk radio will be this day as well. Please use Talk Show Submission Form

Wednesday

Middle of the week, kind of a stressful time so more relaxing music, softer rock, some trance. If you have a request, please submit it through this form. Music Submission Form

Thursday

Thrilling Thursday. This is the second talk segment of the week. This is also request night. We will discuss anything you want to on the air, live. Please use Talk Show Submission Form for any questions you may have.

Friday

We are at the end of the week! Lots of dance and party type of music to celebrate the weekend coming up. Also get you energized for the day ahead being that many of the listeners are overseas. If you have any music you want to listen to, please use the Music Submission Form to request it.
I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN TORD. I AM NOT HERE FOR THAT. DO NOT ASK.
LadyCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
AlmightyElemental
Distinguished Member

Ok, so my layout isn't segmented as of right now. If I decide to do so later, I'll let you guys know.

That being said, I DO have a set-up for requests and questions. Please use the following forms.

Song Requests
-For any songs that you want me to play on air
http://almightyelemental.wufoo.com/forms/song-requests/

On-Air Talk Requests/Questions
For any questions, shout-outs, suggestions, misc. that you want be brought up ON
AIR.
http://almightyelemental.wufoo.com/forms/talk-requests/

Off-Air Questions/Misc. Matters
-For any questions or matters that you want to be brought to my attention that you do not want me to mention on the air.
http://almightyelemental.wufoo.com/f...onal-requests/

Thank you. ^_^
Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #9
xeldin

loving the radio SO MUCH!! especially lady celeste DJ time and LM's DJ time and AE's DJ time :P
[05/31/2011 04:25:51 PM] LilAngel: xeldin needs to strip

close to my heart :
Dylan xX Connor xX
dare861 WoWaddict Pothuthic
LilAngel princessjessie Fixation woof Abby9 MarisaLaugh XxxMistress Maddy09

xeldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

Hey everyone,

I'll be the newest DJ on the air. I have no specific times, so I'll be casually on here and there. I'll be posting forms for music requests and other such things when I have time to write them up how I want them done. There will also be other things that I'm gonna be doing. So look forward to more stuff from me. You can submit song requests in a basic format of song name and artist/band right now.

-Kisunesoldier

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
footballdare
getDare Sweetheart

I'll be doing soem DJing at some point too, leaning more towards Irish rock and folk-rock, so if you've got anything you want me to play just PM me, don't know how to do forms

M/Northern Ireland
Limits: Public, Poo
Is fear ciúin mé
Éirinn go Brách

Tumblr: http://footballdare.tumblr.com/
footballdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #12
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

I apologize for the downtime experienced this morning. I am still looking into the cause of the crash so I can prevent it from happening again. Everything it up and running smoothly for now. If there is anymore downtime please notify my via PM if I don't catch it.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
davgrant
Distinguished Member

I would be interested to join in as well at later date when I have time to spare though I wont be able to do any talk shows...pure music...sort of trance, electronica, house and those genres

Last edited by davgrant; 04-13-2011 at 11:28 AM.
davgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
Xrider

One suggestion I have is to maybe create a chat room where people can interact with the DJs while they're on air. I think this would be particularly interesting especially for talking shows.

What I have noticed so far is that most DJs are connected anyway into the chat, this would just give the opportunity to separate rasio related comments from the general flow of dicussion...
I can imagine that it can be hard to separate these while in the lounge and speaking at the same time. This I think would make it easier for DJs to have contact with the listeners.

Just some idea, trying to make it livier and to get more interactivity.

Last edited by Xrider; 04-14-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Formatting
Xrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #15
Hunterman36
Distinguished Member

Wow this idea is amazing. I hope it works out
Hunterman36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk