Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
loke
Account Banned

Default depp, please fix getdare!

I was typing out a post, and it didn't take very long but lo and behold, it logged me out right after I hit post because supposedly I was idling for too long. Like maybe 5 minutes but that's it. I wasn't even idling for the full 5 min. I was typing my post out too during that time.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Perhaps you should check your settings - no one else has reported a problem like that, so it just sounds like unlucky timing. If you're set to remain logged in you will have no issues at all.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
Perhaps you should check your settings - no one else has reported a problem like that, so it just sounds like unlucky timing. If you're set to remain logged in you will have no issues at all.
Yeah probably just unlucky timing.

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

I can leave getDare open all day idling, not gset to remember log-in. I have to log in once a browser session.

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
depp
SysOp

If you don't check the "remember me" box when you login you can, and eventually will, be logged out due to inactivity.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
If you don't check the "remember me" box when you login you can, and eventually will, be logged out due to inactivity.
Yea, I get this its a bit of a pain especially when I am doing longer threads because it will log out, I think its my fault partly having to do it from an incognito window on google chrome anyway but it usually isnt a problem.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 04-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
DarkAndEvil
getDare Sweetheart

the post usually comes up when you log in though?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Write the post in notepad or another word processing program, or copy it before you hit post just in case...
Old 04-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
Write the post in notepad or another word processing program, or copy it before you hit post just in case...
I usually copy my post in case but that was the first time it ever logged me out so fast. I didn't bother copying it cause it was a short post.

@depp, but how quick it logged me out that day was the fastest ever. Most other times is because I idled for 10 minutes plus or didn't do much for that amount of time as well.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
Dareme_B

I have had this problem a few times as well.. Only when I'm posting in a thread or messaging. Otherwise I can stay idle for a long time and wont be logged out. Strange! Sometimes my post comes back up when I log in, but most of the time I have to re-type it.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

I get this in chat sometimes, and I only ever notice if someone tries to Private Chat with me. I -think- the "Remember Me?" box is always ticked on my computer 'cause I don't log out so... I dunno what it is.

Blondie
x

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #12
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Post
I get this in chat sometimes, and I only ever notice if someone tries to Private Chat with me. I -think- the "Remember Me?" box is always ticked on my computer 'cause I don't log out so... I dunno what it is.

Blondie
x
That's a completely different issue.* Loke's is just not saving a copy of his posts before writing them while not clicking the remember me checkbox. Marking this one as done.

* The bug where when you private chat or try to save a drawing in chat (or go to the moderator panel) sometimes it says you are already logged in and therefore it cannot do anything, closing you out of what you were doing.
Closed Thread