Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Looking for a new sub!

Can you please be my Domme, Miss?

Oh wait.....

I feel sooo lucky every single day.
  2. Old Comment

Looking for a new sub!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by colosubguy View Comment
    Man, it's too bad I already have a Domme, because reading that made me think you are looking for another sub, but sorry, I'm already taken. /s
    Well maybe I just need to steal you back :P
  3. Old Comment

Looking for a new sub!

Man, it's too bad I already have a Domme, because reading that made me think you are looking for another sub, but sorry, I'm already taken. /s
  4. Old Comment
  5. Old Comment

Looking for a new sub!

Oh I can relate to a lot of this! The number of times I get asked if I want another sub. I even get the occasional one who believe that I should drop Matt for them because they would be so much better a sub..... Like yeah, you don't have a clue!
  6. Old Comment

PSA regarding PM Dares

Totally agree.

If you are in lack of PM dares, there are plenty of ways to get them.
  7. Old Comment

PSA regarding PM Dares

Good suggestions but honestly I am surprised that people are complaining of getting too many!

Back when I had them I was always disappointed that I rarely if ever got them. I linked them in my signature of course but that didn't help much.
  8. Old Comment

PSA regarding PM Dares

Yeah I totally agree with this. Most of my pm dares have no time limit for when I have to complete them, so if I get a lot, they just get added to my to do list and I do them when I can. If you stress over them, it takes any fun out of doing them anyway.

It does seem to go in phases, I can go for ages not getting any, and then get loads in a few days.
  9. Old Comment

PSA regarding PM Dares

^---- Fully agree. If it was mathematically possible, it would be by more than 100%.
  10. Old Comment

300th Blog: How getDare and BDSM have changed me as a person

Hi butterfly!

I know we do not know each other very well (outside of the occasional interaction in the BDSM exchange chat), but I wanted to say that I noticed this blog post on the recent activity feed, and I'm really hapy to read this.

I can't imagine what you have went through in the past, and I don't intend to pry where it isn't my place. However, mental health is an extremely important topic to me (as close friends, family, and myself have all had varying degrees of mental health suffering), and to hear that a community did so much for you and your progress in this never-ending battle brings a joyful tear to my eye.

I'm also so happy you have such a wonderful support system through this community (and from what it sounds like, especially Mr. Devious), and I hope you continue to make progress in order to live the best life you possibly can! I guess to make a long story short: I'm glad to hear a success story from an nontraditional medium, and that some internet stranger is rooting for you! *waves little flags saying "go team butterfly!"*
    Posted 06-01-2018 at 07:45 AM by ReluctantExhibition ReluctantExhibition is offline
  11. Old Comment

I was going to quote part of what Cstelle wrote, but I think it is all worth re-reading.
    Especially:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cstelle View Comment
    And now you are forwarding that same grace to others.
    In fact I don't think you were really broken, you were just so worn down that you thought so. And so with a bit of a pick-me-up to get across that line, you came roaring back to being yourself and to being such a powerful helpmate for so many people.

All I would say is to remember to look after yourself first, for without that you cannot do so much for so many. / Marv
  12. Old Comment

"They have fixed me. They have healed me."

Yes. And now you are forwarding that same grace to others.

What gratefulness you feel, be assured, that same gratefulness is felt by those who meet you. Only - you are only one, and we are hundreds, or thousands - so through you that grace is multiplied.

'k?

No pressure, though. Just be perfect.
  13. Old Comment

This is... beautifully insightful. Honest. Open.

There are gonna be a million people who will say it better than I, but-
    Butterfly, Mr.D (I am now determined to never call him by his full username.), I salute you both. (In that sorta casual, over dramatic, two finger off the brow sorta way. Pa-chow!)

That stuff... that stuff... I read a description that likened it to being behind enemy lines, with no back up, no ammo and no food. You push through unknown terrain despite the pain and anguish, with nothing but grit and some sort of primal drive, somewhere in you, to stay alive.
    Then someone, like Mr.D hands you a stick. And you take that stick and you beat nine shades of hell outta everything in your way until you're safe.

That's all you needed. After all the dark days, the pain to make sure you still feel, the tears... all you needed was someone to hand you a stick.

Anyways! Keep writing, it's excellent stuff and I hope to read more! =^-^=
  14. Old Comment

I agree with Skills, you are very strong and I respect you so much Miss. You have been through a lot an yet you managed to persevere and choose your own happiness!

I'm very glad getDare and Mr Devious have helped you so much. I am very glad you are now happily bombarding us with your most excellent and insightful blogs. I am happy that we have creative and active people like you as mods and I can't wait to read your next 300 blogs!!
  15. Old Comment

I'm glad it helped you. And, I don't think you were broken. After everything you been through, honestly you were tougher than most people.

That stuff is no cake walk and effects a lot of people negatively. You know what tells me, you're tough? That you didn't let it overcome you.

You got through it, Sure, like you said, you still have your moments but, they are a lot less.

Most people wouldn't have got far as you did.
  16. Old Comment

One Year ♥

Happy Anniversary!! Here's to many more!!!
  17. Old Comment

One Year ♥

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO TWO OF MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

* I am too lazy to change that all from caps so... I didnt mean to be aggressive lol
    Posted 05-07-2018 at 04:35 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  18. Old Comment

One Year ♥

Congrats on your anniversary
  19. Old Comment

One Year ♥

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!<3
    I've known you two for a while now and I can tell that any couple that you two are a part of can never NOT learn and grow... And the two of you together just means double learning and double growing...I am glad to be friends with both of you...wsh you both many more years of togetherness, happiness and most importantly KINKINESS!<3
    Updated 05-07-2018 at 03:32 AM by Edgeandenial
  20. Old Comment

One Year ♥

Happy anniversary to you two!
  21. Old Comment

One Year ♥

Happy anniversary to both of you!
  22. Old Comment

One Year ♥

Happy anniversary to both..

Best wishes
  23. Old Comment

One Year ♥

Quote:
    I truly believe that if you aren't growing and learning, that you are dying.
    What a great quote. I will remember that!

I wish you both many happy and kinky years to come! Happy Anniversary and have an awesome day!!
  24. Old Comment

One Year ♥

So inspiring, and so sweet!

Happy Anniversary, you two!!!!
  25. Old Comment

Chat Games

Hope it works out. Getting more activity in the chat would be awesome!
    Updated 04-22-2018 at 11:27 AM by Blue Fox