Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

One Year ♥

Posted 05-06-2018 at 09:56 AM by Butterfly
Updated 06-22-2018 at 07:25 PM by Butterfly

One year ago today, I was getting my hair and makeup done, with butterflies in my tummy. I was getting ready to put on a white dress and walk down the aisle to marry my best friend.

I can't believe it has been a whole year since that magical day.

This past year has been a tough one. We have had a lot of highs and lows in our life, and I am so blessed to have had Mr. Devious by my side. I don't know if I could have made it through without his love and support.

In his vows, Mr Devious said:
Quote:
I promise to stand by your side. No matter what life brings, you can always trust that I will be there for you. I promise to clean the kitty litter, kill the scary spiders, pick up your little socks and all the little things I can do to make your life better.
and I can honestly say that he has not broken this promise. Throughout everything we have been through this year, I have felt his presence by my side. He has held my hand, wiped my tears, celebrated triumphs with me with me and held me up when I was weak.

He certainly does make my life better!

People like to ask me how Marriage has changed us. I guess I have to say that marriage is exciting and boring all at the same time. In a lot of ways, nothing has really changed over the last year. I still fall asleep next to my best friend every night. We still have little arguments about him not listening to me or me leaving my little sockies around the house. BUT we also have become a LOT more comfortable with each other. Farts, burps, bathroom talk ... I even peed with him in the same room!

As for our D/s, over the last year we really have grown. Although we don't do D/s everyday, when we do, it has been amazing! We have been pushing my limits and boundaries a bit and working hard to cross things off our bucket list.

I truly believe that if you aren't growing and learning, that you are dying. And I am so lucky to be growing and learning and changing with my best friend by my side.

I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

Views 823 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    So inspiring, and so sweet!

Happy Anniversary, you two!!!!
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I truly believe that if you aren't growing and learning, that you are dying.
    What a great quote. I will remember that!

I wish you both many happy and kinky years to come! Happy Anniversary and have an awesome day!!
  3. Old Comment
    Happy anniversary to both..

Best wishes
  4. Old Comment
    Happy anniversary to both of you!
  5. Old Comment
    Happy anniversary to you two!
  6. Old Comment
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!<3
    I've known you two for a while now and I can tell that any couple that you two are a part of can never NOT learn and grow... And the two of you together just means double learning and double growing...I am glad to be friends with both of you...wsh you both many more years of togetherness, happiness and most importantly KINKINESS!<3
    Updated 05-07-2018 at 03:32 AM by Edgeandenial
  7. Old Comment
    Congrats on your anniversary
  8. Old Comment
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO TWO OF MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

* I am too lazy to change that all from caps so... I didnt mean to be aggressive lol
    Posted 05-07-2018 at 04:35 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  9. Old Comment
    Happy Anniversary!! Here's to many more!!!
  10. Old Comment
    Thank you for all of the lovely messages and congratulations. It really means a lot to both of us to have such amazing friends and supporters <3