Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
Dawotch

Send a message via AIM to Dawotch Send a message via Yahoo to Dawotch

The president tells the pentagon what to do. So if the CnC says lets the gays server, they will. The pentagon will have to find a way to make it happen that's safe for everyone...Though, since DADT has been in the spotlight, I've seen more gay couples on the base I'm at than I have previously.
Whilst I, my sovereign, watch the clock for you
Nor think the bitterness of absence sour
"

From Shakespeare's Sonnet 57

I have thoughts about deep things too
Ask me stuff, I'll answer
I have a blog here too, it gets more attention than my real blog.

Dawotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
viviorunitia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice7 View Post
But the racial stuff wasn't based on sexual 'fears'. If a female officer is allowed the privacy to change sleep and wash without men seeing her then shouldn't a straight guy be afforded the same privacy from homosexual personnel for the same reasons a female would want the privacy? If not just put everyone in the same barracks and shower facilities, I'm sure it would be much cheaper in the long run that way...
Of course you are right. And why should it stop at the military. Why don't we just separate gays in every aspect of life. That way straight people won't ever have to deal with the issue of unwanted attention from gay people.

We need to learn how to get along with other's regardless of their background. No matter where you go and what life you live you are always going to encounter people different from you so you may as well learn to deal with those differences.

And I would like to think that the gay people serving in the military are professional enough to do their job anyway rather than spending all their time hitting on their colleagues which always seems to be how they are portrayed in discussions on this subject.

Limits: Anal, Scat, Cross dressing, ABDL, Pain, Toys, Illegal

Kik - viviorunitia14
SC - urain97
viviorunitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
rahamn

Send a message via Yahoo to rahamn

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviorunitia View Post
Of course you are right. And why should it stop at the military. Why don't we just separate gays in every aspect of life. That way straight people won't ever have to deal with the issue of unwanted attention from gay people.

We need to learn how to get along with other's regardless of their background. No matter where you go and what life you live you are always going to encounter people different from you so you may as well learn to deal with those differences.

And I would like to think that the gay people serving in the military are professional enough to do their job anyway rather than spending all their time hitting on their colleagues which always seems to be how they are portrayed in discussions on this subject.
I think you missed dice7's point or i didn't get what dice was saying ... i think dices point was if the female is afforded the opportunity to maintain her basic dignity and not shower with the guys all standing about ogling her why should the straight guy get less respect just because they are both guys ... and yes i just retired from the military basically i guess i'm saying that since we want to do this one standard thing in the military lets do it and be done with it either every one takes a shower together like in starship troopers or everyone gets their own shower
rahamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #19
Dawotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahamn View Post
... it either every one takes a shower together like in starship troopers or everyone gets their own shower
That would be a great idea.
"

Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #20
drvaleyard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Doesn't it still have to be approved by the pentagon though? I heard on the news that this bill could easily be denied by officials at the pentagon if they believe this policy will adversely affect the troops and war efforts. So.... That's the sad news. But I'm not sure how that works when the president is the commander in chief...
What people don't really realize is the fact President Obama is Commander in Chief. He is head of the military and out ranks the highest military officials in the army. So his word is military law and Congress just puts an official seal on his decision.

Also this bill was a bipartisan bill and the majority is starting swing to gay rights and tolerance. So I don't think it will change.

The homophobic people in the military will adapt to the changes. Just like people who were sexist and racist start to adapt when the military started allowing African Americans and women in. Also if they start seeing more of their close buddies come out. Than it might change their minds.

My Return and Regeneration!

This has been moved to my blog.

I have been away for a while and needed a fresh start. So read my update and Hello again!

LGBT Community Thread

drvaleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #21
Autumn

Okay seriously. What is it about guys being worried about another guy checking them out in the shower???

Seriously dudes!!!! OMG!!! like you all don't just talk bout and compare cocks anyway. *shakes head*

I am female and if I am with a lesbian in the army I so wouldn't care if she was checking me out.

PRIORITES HERE PEOPLE!!! life and death.

Not OMG, does he like my cock!!!!!

Bloom Where You Are Planted
Finding Ones True Self is a journey all its own...

Last edited by Autumn; 01-03-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #22
moxie
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

The bill in fact only gives the President and the Pentagon the right to change the policy if they deem that it will not harm readiness ect. It does not actually change the policy.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death"
- Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 AM   #23
Dawotch

Overturning the policy, will not effect readiness. There are a lot of people assuming that the majority of the men and women in the military will A) Want separate showers or B) Will want to be separated from their gay battle buddies.

Just like the saying goes "There are no atheists in foxholes" there is not going to be any gay bashing. On the battlefield everyone is going to be too worried about staying alive and keeping their friends and brothers and sisters alive to think about their sexual preference.

And one more thing, everyone is talking as if almost half the military community is gay. The truth is probably only 4 to 9% of the countries total military force could be gay. Separating them would be pointless, and talking as if they were a disease is also pointless.

We can't do full communal showers like in starship troopers, because there would be a lot of objections until people learn to grow up, so that leave women in barrack, men in the other straight or gay.
"

Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #24
Srijc

Cool It really isn't that tolerant

If ya think about it, it isn't really a huge victory. They were basically saying, ok gays, you can go kill yourselves, for us.
Srijc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #25
Hunterman36
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Okay seriously. What is it about guys being worried about another guy checking them out in the shower???

Seriously dudes!!!! OMG!!! like you all don't just talk bout and compare cocks anyway. *shakes head*

I am female and if I am with a lesbian in the army I so wouldn't care if she was checking me out.

I must say that I think your being a little blunt here, and a little unfair. First off being a guy I can tell you that it's not like "ok get the ruler, its dick measuring time" second your a female so although not disimilar it is different with guys. I think that a concern thats present is that it will provide an unnescary distraction to both non gay and gay soldiers. Lastly I have to say that although there is a lot of fighting, most of the time soldiers are not being shot at but are on down time or non combat missions. I must say though that I think the policy is wrong and must be changed, but not until a good solution can be found.
Hunterman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #26
Vela
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I think it's funny how just because someone's gay he must like you. Because straight guys fall in love with every girl they see, so it must be the same for gay guys, right? Right. Don't flatter yourselfs...

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
gay, laws, military, united states of america