Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
princess.oxox

Default How to write a resume.

I need help. I'm just out of school, and I haven't had a job yet, so i really don't know what to put
princess.oxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Aivey
getDare Sweetheart

Although I have never written a job resume myself, I do have some advice (:
First of all, it would depend on which job you are going for. In your resume, include reasons to who you are, what you're looking for, and why you think you are suitable for the job. You can include things such as previous experiences, what you've learnt in school that could relate to the job, and also your own morals and ideas that would make you good for that job.
Here are some good links you may want to look into:
http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-write-a-resume
http://www.youth.gc.ca/eng/topics/jobs/resume.shtml

good luck (:

My Fetlife
Ask Me Anything
Aivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
moxie
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

You might also want to check with your former school if you are close by to it. Many schools have a career/counseling department that can help you develop a resume and give you job searching tips.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death"
- Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
newninja
getDare Sweetheart

Depending on the job, you may also want to create a cover letter for your resume. The cover letter basically states why you are interested, qualified, and excited for the job. The trick is to make yourself interesting enough that they ask for an interview.

Good luck on your search

likes: moderate pain, bondage, creative, messy, nudity, exercise, ice

perhaps: pee, anal, semi-public

limits: public, bleeding, things with other people, poo
newninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

All of these are great tips!

I have found as technology moves forward the need for resumes has dwindled for a lot of jobs; like grocery store, department stores and retail stores; seeing as most of them have applications online which gathers the majority of the information that would be found on a resume. Although many of these applications have the option to upload a resume at the end, unless applying for a management position many, like myself, never view the resume that was uploaded.

If applying for a job that a resume is better suited I would recommend using one of Aivey links to walk you through the steps of making your own. Also, you can Google for templates online. If you would li9ke help finding a good template feel free to PM me

~lilysmaster

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.
lilysmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk