Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #31
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via Yahoo to oreo_is_back

No, I understand that. I haven't got anything against his age, it's how he picks out younger people, and the majority of the people I know, and are,literally just kids. Which sets alarm bells ringing. I just hope he doesn't ask *them* to get naked on cam.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #32
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo_is_back View Post
I got a question; Why is a 52 year old man allowed on this site, asking girls at 14 to 17 to view his webcam,naked (noteworthy). And I mean it's a daily thing.
I got a question too: Why has this been never reported? I have dealt a few times before with requests like these and users crossing the line but if no one let us know what is going on there's only so much we can do. We can't read 24 hours of chat logs every day or be online here 24/7 so I think users have their share of responsibility when they witness stuff like that...
Old 12-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #33
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

Well.. If I don't see it how can I report it,lulz. :P
But aye. I will tell the younger ones to keep an eye out, the majority know who he is and what he is about so aye.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #34
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

Last time I did that, Merlin banned him. :/ He's not a man I would have patience with, albeit anyone else is welcome to try. I lack patiece.:P
Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #35
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Well.. If I don't see it how can I report it,lulz. :P

Well... you said that he has offered several members, including yourself, so I would assume you must have "seen something", right?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #36
oreo_is_back
getDare Sweetheart

Yes, I've seen and repoted it. But it was before I was 18, which was months ago. After the ban was lifted I thought he would have learnt, obviously not.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #37
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Yes, I've seen and repoted it. But it was before I was 18, which was months ago. After the ban was lifted I thought he would have learnt, obviously not.
Weel, as far as I understand what happened then the ban was not about the issue of offering pics or webcam sessions and it was a ban from the chat only.

And that's exactly what I meant when I said that users have their share of responsibility to report these things. And in my first reply, I didn't mean just you but everyone. Silence is the best accomplice: if you don't agree with something but choose not to do anything it's just as bad as agreeing with it.

If I would have evidence that an older user is asking minors for pics and the likes I can assure you that he would not have just a 24 hours ban from the chatroom. But unfortunately, too many users choose not to report this stuff either when it happens via PM or the chat. In one year as mod I have had only 2 reports about such things...
Old 12-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #38
bungie1
Account Banned

well no one under 13 can join getdare so there u go

Storys:
Blackmailed Slave [fiction]
The Average Life of a Wedgie [dare Story]
A lot of water + Test = BAD!

NOTICE: I am not respownsible for anything that you decide to do due to, but not limited to, something I post, or anything ells on getdare. Everything that you do is your choice, and your choice only.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #39
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Smile

Obviously, much has been done in the field of ages.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #40
bungie1
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Give this man a medal!
Why should I get a meadal for pointing out the obviouse, but not get a medal for writing fantastic storys???

Storys:

NOTICE: I am not respownsible for anything that you decide to do due to, but not limited to, something I post, or anything ells on getdare. Everything that you do is your choice, and your choice only.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #41
bungie1
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Look up sarcasm and I never said your stories weren't brilliant. Oh, and you don't get medals for stories anyway.

Meh.

Back on topic
but interesting did!!!!!!!!

Storys:

Old 12-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #42
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie1 View Post
but interesting did!!!!!!!!
Reminder: The topic of the thread is Protecting kids NOT why bungie didn't get an award for his unfinished stories.

Back on topic.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #43
Kage

Quote:
I got a question; Why is a 52 year old man allowed on this site, asking girls at 14 to 17 to view his webcam,naked (noteworthy). And I mean it's a daily thing.
The majority of this site are children, and things i've seen on here is just disgusting, foul and damned dangerous.
I talked to him (noteworthy) last night. He seemed like an okay bloke, but he told me he was 57.
[07:20:43] Anjelen: dual hit combo - sub under a desk. Swat their ass and their head hits the underside of the desk.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #44
EnigmaNZ
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to EnigmaNZ

One thing that can be done now is ban some of the avatars. As this is a site that anyone can access and can join from 13, then avatars of old guys wearing nothing but a g-string are a bit off.

To see them then getting annoyed in the dare to expose yourself to another getdare member because noone has taken up their offer, knowing a lot of members are young, is a little creepy as well. Are they annoyed noone has accepted their offer, or that no kid has.

Us older people have a responsibility to watch out for such activities and pass onto a mod. Mods can't be everywhere, I have been one as well in the past, and we have a life outside of our online one. But the sites members, the responsible ones, are everywhere and a short PM to a mod on something we are concerned about is a great help. Remember though that we all have different levels of what we think is normal and not so, eg, a religuous person would find all the sexual dares disgusting and will complain about them all, a punk will find them all pretty tame, no offence intended to these folks. But sometimes a mod is going to disagree with what is PMed to them. And no mod is going to want 100 PMs waiting for them every time they log on, especially if 90 of them are of no consequence but must be checked out anyway to find the 10 that do warant attention.

Just my $1.37 worth

Last edited by EnigmaNZ; 08-22-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #45
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

I'm 16 anyway but I'd like to point out...

Some people "underage" are older, in mentality, than quite a few of the "big, responsible adults" on the forum.

... or did you all become so hung up on "minors are bad, eliminate them"?

Almost reminds me of that one guy... what's his name... Oh yeah, Adolf.

Sorry, chums. But I'm hugely against discrimination of any kind, especially age discrimination.

Just because someone's physical body is that of a 13 year old, doesn't mean they've not got the mind and intelligence of a 21 year old. Likewise, just because someone doesn't qualify as a "minor" anymore, doesn't mean they can take care of themselves.

And when you look at half the posts on this forum, I'm sure you'll understand what I mean. =)

In short: Nothing should be done, unless you shut down the entire site. Or, you could just completely permaban everyone who shows a lower intelligence than everyone else, however, that's verging (yet again) on the nazi ideals.

Or you could just be hypocrites and allow 19 year old women to do stupid things and get raped, while a 13 year old could have read that dare and came back completely unharmed because she had the sense not to go farther than she should have.
People get hurt because they're stupid enough to get hurt. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with the age of their bodies.
Closed Thread