Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-23-2005, 10:41 PM   #31
depp
SysOp

Quote:
What makes a movie 'real' or not? How many dick jokes can get shoved into one 2 hour long flick? Please. White Chicks sucked. The Wayan brothers should have quit while they were ahead. Mr. Deeds blew...Adam Sandler hasnt put out a good movie since Little Nicky. Wedding Crashers looks like EVERY Owen Wilson movie...repetative, without substance, and downright awful. Star Wars 3 would have been a halfway decent flick, if it had not been for the horrific acting. Need we all be reminded of the first few words from Darth Vaders mouth? 'NOOOOOOOOOO' Come on. How can THAT be taken seriously? If THESE are what you call 'real movies', then I'm glad I like the fake ones.

Oh, by the way...I thought Jackson was guilty as well. However, judging Depp's exquisite acting ability and the unique story in general as shit because he reminds you of Jackson in the role? That is just utter stupidity, close-mindedness, and all in all ridiculous. Congratulations on being the moron of the day.
Star Wars 3 - Great movie but missing something. The noooooo thing was crazy but then again Lucas does crazy stuff like this in earlier films. He really has an odd sense of humor. But anyways...

Wedding Crashers - Surprised me in a big way. Came expecting crap... enjoyed myself. Nothing amazing but was quite entertaining.

Mr. Deeds - Agree... Adam Sander is very hit-or-miss. Lots of misses lately.

White Chicks - Beyond Total crap.

I'm a big fan of Crash (2004), Donnie Darko, American Beauty, American History X, Fight Club, Requiem for a Dream (my avatar image), and Rear Window. Those are real films. :-D Just saw American Physco last night. Don't know want to think yet. Same with Millions.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:24 PM   #32
Muffinz

I really enjoy movies that make you think. I loved pretty much every movie you listed there, aside from the ones I havent seen yet (Crash, Rear Window, American Psycho). Donnie Darko was magnificent, every time I watch it I catch something new that I hadn't noticed before. And I dont feel my $8 was wasted on Star Wars 3...I just feel with a little more effort and better acting it could have really been a memorable movie. Instead, it was just another long-winded ride on the hype of the series.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:17 AM   #33
depp
SysOp

o yea
I have seen Donnie Darko a million times and it never gets old. Great convo starter too. I always use it on girls for this reason. :-D hehe... Im sooo slick. Lots to think about there in that movie.

Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:36 AM   #34
Muffinz

Oh yeah, chicks love Donnie Darko. Some because they enjoy the mental stimulation, some like the storyline, and some just think Jake Gyllenhaal is ridiculously hot. I personally am all three. :D
Old 07-24-2005, 04:22 AM   #35
Sum1
Account Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sum1 Send a message via MSN to Sum1 Send a message via Yahoo to Sum1

I prefer Pi to Requiem for a Dream
Sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:22 AM   #36
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

SW III had pretty good actin and don't blame bad actin in I on hayden christiansin. jake lyold played young anakin.

count dooku couldn't act but III had the best scripts. In case u haven't noticed the originals were borin compared to II and III.

weddin crashers was hiliarious most of the time the whole theater was laughin so it was impossible 2 hear

III and weddin great movies

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #37
tripper

Send a message via MSN to tripper Send a message via Yahoo to tripper

donnie darko is one of those incredible films that is just so... :shock:

american history X was another really good one

same with fight club. (with great song by the pixies called where is my mind)
tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:08 AM   #38
Muffinz

I have 3 copies of Fight Club. One on VHS, the regular DVD, and the special edition DVD.

I am the epitome of overkill.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #39
Burning_Angel

Send a message via AIM to Burning_Angel

i just got to see Charlie and the chocolate factory. i thought the movie was great. it was really close to the original, and i thought it was funny. loved the pink sheep room, that was great! but the scary thing is, not too long ago, Jackson got called in for jury duty. innocent or not, aint that a little creepy? he did get out of it, but imagine being on trial with HIM in the jury box. scary! and prolly not a little distracting.

has anyone else seen firewall? good plot, i thought, but the acting was phenominal. very real, and a captivaling story. its pretty good.
Burning_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #40
Paris Rayne

Right now my favorite movies are Hunger games.

My Story:Opal's Crush
Likes, Dislikes, Limits
Paris Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk