Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2023, 11:35 PM   #11
Azyliux
Baby Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry0993 View Post
Regarding post replies on here, or specifically within ad threads. Would people really respond to single replies like “ message me on my Kik @xxxx so we can chat?” Or “message me because we think it’s a good fit” with no extra context. If so why did you choose to message back to them?
I think the answer to this is heavily dependent on the "demographic" of who is advertising and who is responding. Generally female advertisers are likely to have more responses (although not necessarily more quality responses) than male advertisers, so are likely to ignore these messages. As a male advertiser I have certainly at least investigated every response I received no matter how unpromising it may have initially seemed in part for the reason Pluky gives that the right person may be hiding behind it. That said, I haven't found any gold nuggets hidden behind poor quality responses so far, so chances are I will be less likely to investigate these in the future.

Also as Pluky does, I will research the responders profile, blogs and posting history where they exist before further interaction. However my longest lasting and most fulfilling dynamics so far have been from users with almost zero footprint here on gD, so lack of a posting history is definitely not a red flag. But I can afford the time to do this because when I have actively advertised, I haven't received all that many responses (perhaps because my ad is specific enough to narrow down the field such that only promising candidates tend to respond).

I think that female advertisers need to weed out poor quality responses quickly simply because they receive significantly more responses overall and need to focus their time and attention on those they perceive as most likely to be fruitful. (It can suck to be on the other side of this and have your messages be silently ignored without knowing why, but I do understand it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry0993 View Post
They are the least effort replies I can ever think of and frankly I don’t think those people are worth replying back to. In my opinion if I would like to reach out to someone, I would at least introduce myself and send a proper message. But there are certainly a large amount of people here who still does it so it makes me question whether people do reply to this kind of things o not.
I suspect some of these response are simply playing the numbers game and responding to everything with low effort. After a while of putting effort in to carefully tailored ad responses and not even getting a reply back, this certainly might seem like a tempting approach for some.

Azyliux

Loves (giving): Edging & Orgasm Control, Discipline & Punishment, Humiliation, Anal, Bondage, Exposure
Limits: Dangerous/Self-Destructive, Illegal, Disrespect, Dishonesty

Here are my default safeword rules for online play. While I don't have any PM dares, I welcome contact from everyone who wants to PM or contact me on Signal Messenger (username: Azyliux.69).

Owner of zero. Master participating in the Female Slave Market.
Azyliux is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk