Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 05-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Default If/When/now you have children how old would they have to be before you let them...

Ok, so this is sparked from a debate I had with some of my friends in physics, when we were so obviously doing what we were supposed to be doing >.>
So the question I pose to you is...

If/When/now you have children how old would they have to be before you let them...

... Have sex? ... Why?

... Drink under your supervision?

... Drink at a friend’s house under adult supervision?

... Go out and drink?

... Stay home alone?

... Walk/ Get the bus home from school alone?

... Be in charge of their own finances?

... Have their own cell phone?

... Have their own keys?

And the final question, do the answers to these change if you think about what gender child you would have and how you were treat as a child?

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Have sex?
I guess, after they are 16, it won't be up to me, it'll be up to them to decide. I'm not saying I'd be disappointed whenever they chose to but, as long as they are 16 or over. Obviously, I'd prefer over.

Drink under your supervision?
14, maybe, at Christmas and New Years

Drink at a friend’s house under adult supervision?

Go out and drink?
I'd feel best if it was 18, but I know I've went out, and drank while I was out without telling my parents.

Stay home alone?
13, but not overnight, and not for longer than a few hours.

Walk/ Get the bus home from school alone?
I'm not sure, maybe 11 when they are at Senior School.

Be in charge of their own finances?
I'd give them a little more control at 16, but not complete until they're 17, probably.

Have their own cell phone?

Have their own keys?

Do the answers to these change if you think about what gender child you would have and how you were treat as a child?
My answers won't change, regardless of Gender. And I was, and am treated brilliantly by my parents

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Last edited by BettyBoop; 05-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.
BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Have sex? ... Why?15 cause i cant comment really if they did. as long as there responsible for there actions.

... Drink under your supervision? 12

... Drink at a friend’s house under adult supervision? 15

... Go out and drink? 18

... Stay home alone?11

... Walk/ Get the bus home from school alone?11

... Be in charge of their own finances?18

... Have their own cell phone? 9

... Have their own keys? 11

And the final question, do the answers to these change if you think about what gender child you would have and how you were treat as a child? nope there is no differences regardless of the sex.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Mere
Account Banned

Cool

... Have sex? ... Why? well after they get married..why? Cause thats how it should be...but it depends on how much they'll listen to me ...

... Drink under your supervision? NEVER

... Drink at a friend’s house under adult supervision? NEVER

... Go out and drink? NEVER..atleast not with my permission..

... Stay home alone? after 10 years, I guess

... Walk/ Get the bus home from school alone? after 13 years

... Be in charge of their own finances? after 18 years

... Have their own cell phone? at 15 I guess..

... Have their own keys? um between 16-19 years

And the final question, do the answers to these change if you think about what gender child you would have and how you were treat as a child?
Nope...

I dominate.
.. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]♔
Mere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

... Have sex? ... Why?

Do parents really have full control over that? Can't really fix an age but surely would not allow it until he's fully aware and responsible about precautions concerning STDs and pregnancy.

Hmm again hard to fix an age... probably somewhere around 14 and on special occasions in moderation only.

Same as above.

... Go out and drink?

18. That's the legal age for drinking in Quebec so that's the reason. Since I've worked as a barmaid I'm very well-placed to tell him about other precations to take when going out as well

... Stay home alone?

Depends how long. He does stay alone for 5-10 minutes when I go to the convenience store across the street (he's 7). Longer than that I'll wait at least a few years...

He already walks to school alone. His school is 3 houses away from here so it's not a very long walk

I'm working on this already. He already has an allowance and is very responsible with money for his age but for now and probably for quite a few years still I will keep an eye just to make sure... But hopefully I'll be able to let him when he gets around 14.

When he can buy one with his own money

... Have their own keys?

He did have his own set last year and lost it. He has a tendency to lose stuff, he's very easily distracted so not until a at least next year. Will "train" him with a spare set of keys I got here in the meantime

Gender isn't much of an issue but some of those questions are situational. I would think differently depending on maturity and responsibility level on some of those.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

... Have sex? ... Why?
I would never say, "Please, go have sex, you have my permission." o.o If they did it before they were an adult, I would be disappointed, but like Chloe said, you can't really control it. I think kids should just enjoy being kids...

18. Worked for me and my siblings.

... Go out and drink?
21, because that's the legal age.

... Stay home alone?
12 or so.

I don't know. I hear so many stories about kids grabbed off the street. Even teenagers. o.o Maybe never.

They're not really in charge of all their own finances until they move out. But I guess when they get their first job.

When they can pay for one.

... Have their own keys?
Probably when they start staying home alone.

I don't think gender matters for these questions.

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
sweetsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
Dutch
getDare Sweetheart

If/When/now you have children how old would they have to be before you let them...

... Have sex? I would be OK with sex at 16 if my children were with a regular boy/girlfriend for some time. I would have already talked to them about it on several occasions and I hope they wont have sex just because of peer pressure. I would also make sure they have condoms.

... Drink under your supervision? Also 16. That seems like a good age to introduce them to drinking.

... Drink at a friend’s house under adult supervision? 16 again because I feel about a friend's house the same way as my own house.

... Go out and drink? A little bit older at 18.

... Stay home alone? When the oldest one is old enough to take care of all the kids (i plan on multiple children). I think thats about 14. Tho they may be home alone for some time at age 12 when they get their own key. That would be for an hour or so.

... Walk/ Get the bus home from school alone? When they start secondary school. Out here that means 12.

... Be in charge of their own finances? I think I would gradually let them take charge of their finances. Most likely they would be in charge of all their finances (which to me includes insurance and stuff) when they have learned the value of money and can support themselves. So that will be a process going on until they move out.

... Have their own cell phone? A prepaid one for emergencies at like 10. And they get to spend their own (pocket) money on a permanent one starting at age 14.

... Have their own keys? Age 12 or so since I think it would be mean to allow them to ride the bus alone and then wait in front of the house if we as parents aren't home.

And the final question, do the answers to these change if you think about what gender child you would have and how you were treat as a child? Not at all actually.

Adopt a Pokemon!

24, male, switch.
If you have to ask my likes / limits, chances are you will never know.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
dragonator
getDare Devil

Have sex? ... Why? any age, cuz if there old enough to do it physically there old enough to do it psycologically

... Drink under your supervision? 21

... Drink at a friend’s house under adult supervision? 21

... Go out and drink? 21

... Stay home alone? 12

... Walk/ Get the bus home from school alone? 10

... Be in charge of their own finances? any age, its there money

... Have their own cell phone? as soon as i could teach them to use one, a cop told me a story and long story short a 8 yr old kids life was saved because he had his cell

... Have their own keys? 10

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
dragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
Roll,ova,and,beg

Have sex? ... Why?
It wouldn't really be up to me because they could do it whenever anyways but I would prefer when they are married or have had a bf for over a year so that no complications will come and stuff
13 I guess as long as they wouldn't drink and drive and it would have to be at a party or something
14 and no driving would be my rule I would be very strict and make sure the parents at a friends house knew
... Go out and drink?
18 drinking age here in canada
... Stay home alone?
13 when they are responsible enough and would not get scared
14 there are alot of pervs out there trying to hurt kids so yeah
13 I think they should be responsible enough to handle their own money
14 when they would use it right and kids have to have fun too I sure want a cell
... Have their own keys?
13 well it all depends on their trust and my trust in them
well the answers are based somewhat on how I was treated as a kid and the gender would probably not change my answers
Roll,ova,and,beg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
PantyShotgunner

Send a message via MSN to PantyShotgunner Send a message via Yahoo to PantyShotgunner

... Have sex? ... Why?
They're going to do it when they feel like it regardless of whether or not I discourage it. I just plan on educating them so they understand what they're doing and how to protect themselves.

I don't drink, so there won't be any alcohol in the house.

Depends on if they inherit my problems and require medication. If they don't, then I guess the age that their friend's parent/guardian would let their child drink.

... Go out and drink?
Legal age.

... Stay home alone?
I hope to give them as much freedom as they want, so probably 12 or so. That was how old I was when I started being allowed to stay home alone. Again, education. Teach them how to use the stove properly so the house doesn't burn down, and hopefully they don't mess up

Depends on where I live. A larger city like Vancouver, they would have to be older, like middle school (grade 7ish). In a smaller town/city then probably when they choose to.

From 10 onwards. Give them an allowance, and teach them how to be smart with their money.

13-15. Having a cell phone means more freedom. They can go out, go directly to a friends house after school if they call. It just makes it easier, so pretty much as soon as I believe they can handle it without losing it.

... Have their own keys?
Same age that they get their phone, if not a year or so younger.

Hrm, female I would definitely be more overprotective. But I'd like to think that I'd give her as much freedom as possible. A male could probably handle himself a bit better, as long as he doesn't end up like some druggie or pothead. Most of my decisions are based on my own life. I've had a cell phone since I was 15, had a key since I was 12, stayed hole alone since I was 12-13ish, and all in all I was given a lot of freedom. So far I've turned out mostly responsible.
PantyShotgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:14 AM   #11
SlutPuppy
getDare Succubus

Have sex? ... Why?
I can't control that, but I'd like for them to know the consequences and risks involved with unprotected sex, and to be able to ask himself questions before he has it.

13, as long as they don't get drunk. If they want to get drunk, then 16.

16 or 17, it would depend on how mature they acted while drinking then...

... Go out and drink?
Legal age of wherever we would be living

... Stay home alone?

13-14ish for the most part, 16 for total control of them.

... Have their own keys?
9 or 10

do the answers to these change if you think about what gender child you would have and how you were treat as a child?
No. Gender doesn't matter. And I only used 'him' while answering because it was easier to type out, and I'm lazy

booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere

Sex Map HERE

Likes/Dislikes/Limits

SlutPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #12
Tinkerbell

Send a message via MSN to Tinkerbell

... Have sex? ... Why?
Absolutely not before 16, and after that I'd probably make disapproving noises but not do anything to actually stop them.
Thirteen, but only on special occiasions.
Again 13, but only special occasions.
... Go out and drink?
Drinking whilst out is acceptable (within the law). However, for going out for the sole reason of getting drunk, absolutely 18.
... Stay home alone?
12? Depends how responsible the kid is, if there are younger siblings around etc.
11 - when they're in year 7. Only in daylight though, depending on location.
Give them an allowance for luxuries from twelve, but I'd pay for clothes etc. By 16, increase the allowance and they can be in charge.
11 - Year 7. It'll stop them having to be dependent on friends/payphones, and I'll be able to check up on them when they're out to make sure they're OK.
... Have their own keys?
Not before secondary school, but only if they'll actually need keys.
The gender is unimportant, although the general intelligence of the child is obviously a factor.
They're more or less the same actually, except I've been drinking with adult supervision since I was 7 (although the first time was an accident - whiskey looks like apple juice). I wouldn't let my kids drink that young.

|| 16/f/uk ||formspring || dare me || my story||
limits:friends/family/public/permanent/illegal/
messy/poo/pee/pics/spending money
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #13
Ninjota
Distinguished Member

[/quote]

... Have sex? ... Why?
Probably 16, cause they might not be ready before that but, i guess it depends on their maturity level.

... Go out and drink?

... Stay home alone?

13 cause my area is bad.

Soon as they got a job lol. probably 16ish

12 prolly

... Have their own keys?

And the final question, do the answers to these change if you think about what gender child you would have-

*yes, i would feel more comfortable with leaving a male doing things alone, and going out drinking.
And i woulnt want my daughter going out having sex at a young age lol. guys are pigs ;/
If I was your vampire, death waits for no one
Hold my hands across your face
Because I think our time has come
Ninjota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

... Have sex? ... Why?

When they feel they can handle the responibility. Because they should know when they want to and can handle it.

21, because i wouldn't give my kids anything to drink.

21, don't need them getting into trouble for nothing.

... Go out and drink?

If I don't know, i don't care as long as they don't get in trouble. otherwise 21.

... Stay home alone?

About 13 or 14.

13 or 14

16 or 17

15 or 16

... Have their own keys?

When they get their license, which could be 16+

No, they are the same.

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #15
SingleMum

... Have sex? ... Why?
Well I can't really ban him from having sex, all I can do is make sure he's well informed. I hope he waits longer than I did, at least until he's 17.

I let him have a few sips of wine or champagne on special occasions or holidays. First time I let him have a sip was 10.

That would depend on who the adult was. I'm not really sure, there's a few variables

... Go out and drink?
When he is 19 (legal drinking age here). That's not to say he isn't going to before that, I'm not oblivious, but he wouldn't have my permission.

... Stay home alone?
That all depends on for how long. I haven't let him stay home alone overnight yet, although I think he's responsible enough to now for one night. He can stay home alone during the day, or evening. He's 13.

Walk to school alone 7. Take public transit alone 11.

He has a savings account that's in my control, but he's been in charge of his allowance since he was like 6. He can be in charge of the savings account when he's 15.

I got him a cell phone for emergencies and calling me when he was 7. He got a better plan so that he can talk and text his friends more when he was 11, which he helps pay for.

... Have their own keys?
He's had his own keys since he was 6.

Last edited by SingleMum; 05-15-2010 at 12:52 PM.
SingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
ages, kids, mobile, penis, sex