Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bleona's Life

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen bitch.
  1. Old Comment

Bleona's Journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bleonav06 View Comment
    A PhD is a doctorate in philoposhy, not medicine...
    A PhD is not something that is given exclusively to students of philosophy. It's awarded in a wide range of fields; from sciences to engineering and everything in between, for post graduate research.

Quote:
    By the way i am going to medical school next year and will be obtaining a doctorate in medicine.
    Woe betide the gender dysphoric people that'll have to visit your practice. A good doctor is open minded and willing to listen before casting judgement. (And she also has an inkling of knowledge about mental and physical afflictions)
  2. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

What do you think should be done about people who choose to use slurs in a derogatory manner against people outside of a negotiated scene/dare that involves humiliation? I mean people who in a public forum, in threads, in comments, using highly offensive slurs not as part of a BDSM/kink dynamic but because they're...frustrated or annoyed with someone?
    Posted 10-05-2016 at 10:35 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  3. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

This won't work. I've been a content reviewer and chat moderator on another adult site, and it's whack-a-mole. Kill one, another one comes. You can require people to read a page of rules and click past them, but trolls are still going to troll, catfish are going to catfish, and idiots will be idiots. We had this discussion on one of the forum threads. The dynamic of public Internet sites will never change.
    Updated 10-05-2016 at 06:41 PM by DJ-playmate (typo)
  4. Old Comment

Bleona's Journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cooperjess View Comment
    Lmao you can name the group, it doesn't make it any worse. Transgenderism exists in every medical journal going and it has done for a while. To get treatment, you need the go-ahead of two medical professionals (one of whom has to have a PhD), and the referral of counselors and therapists who have literally spent the majority of their medical career studying it. You can say it's made up if you like, but I know who my money's on tbh.
    A PhD is a doctorate in philoposhy, not medicine...

By the way i am going to medical school next year and will be obtaining a doctorate in medicine.

Let's not forget that not too long ago that it was in medical journals that the way to deal with a bullet wound was to amputate, or that scientists thought for hundreds of years that frogs spawned from mud and that maggots spawned from meat.

Also there is a difference between getting treatment and self diagnosing and calling yourself something that you really aren't
  5. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iSpuds View Comment
    fully aware, which is why I can verify that it is difficult for someone to join the site so I want them to be helped
  6. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

7. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bleonav06 View Comment
    forcing people to read the rules is hardly immoral, since you want to be such a moralfag
    Absolutely! Brilliant!

8. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cstelle View Comment
    I'm sorry - "newfags" "muck everything up"? We need to "teach people" and "force people", because that would "get rid of people"? And that is a "good idea"?

Ha! 4chan! Gotta love you guys! Thumbs aloft!
    forcing people to read the rules is hardly immoral, since you want to be such a moralfag
  9. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughtylittlegirl View Comment
    Everyone was new and finding their way at one time. Including you, dear OP. I think it would be nice to have something that directs people a little more clearly to the explanatory sections of the site so people are aware, so in that sense I agree with you. But it is not merely the new people who 'muck' things up. Sometimes it's people who have been here for months and years who make certain interactions on here downright miserable.

I'm not sure it would wade out spammers per se. Or force people to read the rules of the forum - this I imagine would work like the Terms of Service we all agree to after scrolling through really quickly, skimming at best. Unless you're one of those people who reads all of those, then kudos, I applaud you.

People need a grace period, because people are imperfect, not everyone has worked with a forum-based site before, and sometimes we make mistakes. That's why I appreciate our mods who do patiently remind people, explain things, move threads, and then deal with those who are not making an effort or are deliberately going against the community guidelines.

A tutorial works for those who are posting one-liner ads because they don't know what else to write, who don't know what their options even are when requesting dares, etc.

What about the other side of this? How would the tutorial address people giving unsafe dares, though? Or simply ones that are poorly thought out? What about how to reply to ads (because as someone who posted a substantial ad, the issue is not merely with ads posted but how people choose to reply), and how to message other users decently? Would the tutorial also include what is and is not proper conduct in a chat room? Could it include connecting new users with more seasoned ones (because we have some incredibly long-term users on this site) in a kind of orientation/mentorship sort of way?

Or are you more just frustrated with having to wade through a lot of 'spam' and brief ads/posts in the threads to find what you're looking for?

If the issue is just getting people to read the rules...then I don't know how a tutorial is going to accomplish that. The Terms of Service phenomenon I described above - people will click through the tutorial as quick as possible.

If the issue is getting people to understand and adhere to the community guidelines and give them some genuine assistance in navigating the site and being a part of the community so they can enjoy gD too, then I think there are a lot more elements that could and probably should be addressed in a tutorial.
    I pictured it more as something like sexual harassment training where you may have to read something and then answer a question on it. By the way I do read all the terms of service because I want to know what I am signing up for. And while yes there are members who have been here for a long time who do stupid shit, this is meant for new people who not purposely by nevertheless still create shit posts. I think that this would help people that want to be helped.

Maybe we could have a volunteer program where adult members can walk new members through the ropes but I just want there to be something so that the new people that join the site can become acclimated to the environment here without disrupting the flow of the more senior members.
  10. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

Everyone was new and finding their way at one time. Including you, dear OP. I think it would be nice to have something that directs people a little more clearly to the explanatory sections of the site so people are aware, so in that sense I agree with you. But it is not merely the new people who 'muck' things up. Sometimes it's people who have been here for months and years who make certain interactions on here downright miserable.

I'm not sure it would wade out spammers per se. Or force people to read the rules of the forum - this I imagine would work like the Terms of Service we all agree to after scrolling through really quickly, skimming at best. Unless you're one of those people who reads all of those, then kudos, I applaud you.

People need a grace period, because people are imperfect, not everyone has worked with a forum-based site before, and sometimes we make mistakes. That's why I appreciate our mods who do patiently remind people, explain things, move threads, and then deal with those who are not making an effort or are deliberately going against the community guidelines.

A tutorial works for those who are posting one-liner ads because they don't know what else to write, who don't know what their options even are when requesting dares, etc.

What about the other side of this? How would the tutorial address people giving unsafe dares, though? Or simply ones that are poorly thought out? What about how to reply to ads (because as someone who posted a substantial ad, the issue is not merely with ads posted but how people choose to reply), and how to message other users decently? Would the tutorial also include what is and is not proper conduct in a chat room? Could it include connecting new users with more seasoned ones (because we have some incredibly long-term users on this site) in a kind of orientation/mentorship sort of way?

Or are you more just frustrated with having to wade through a lot of 'spam' and brief ads/posts in the threads to find what you're looking for?

If the issue is just getting people to read the rules...then I don't know how a tutorial is going to accomplish that. The Terms of Service phenomenon I described above - people will click through the tutorial as quick as possible.

If the issue is getting people to understand and adhere to the community guidelines and give them some genuine assistance in navigating the site and being a part of the community so they can enjoy gD too, then I think there are a lot more elements that could and probably should be addressed in a tutorial.
    Posted 10-05-2016 at 12:41 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  11. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

I'm sorry - "newfags" "muck everything up"? We need to "teach people" and "force people", because that would "get rid of people"? And that is a "good idea"?

Ha! 4chan! Gotta love you guys! Thumbs aloft!
  12. Old Comment

The new member dilemma

Well, i think actually that is a good idea.
    Already some attempt was made. But its a bit burried.
    >>here<<
  13. Old Comment

Bleona's Journal

Lmao you can name the group, it doesn't make it any worse. Transgenderism exists in every medical journal going and it has done for a while. To get treatment, you need the go-ahead of two medical professionals (one of whom has to have a PhD), and the referral of counselors and therapists who have literally spent the majority of their medical career studying it. You can say it's made up if you like, but I know who my money's on tbh.
  14. Old Comment

Bleona's Journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Purelife View Comment
    that Jewish flow tho
    on the xxl cypher with desiigner and anderson paak he made them look like a bunch of bitches lol it was so funny.
  15. Old Comment

Bleona's Journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Comment
    I somewhat agree with Bleona. When someone is born in the wrong body and finds this out at a (very) young age, this person probably wants to chance the body. However, even though the person chose another name already and wants to be threated like the opposide gender, he's still the same sex/gender. Only after the operation, everyone sees the person as the other sex. Before the operation, not everyone does; probably the family (and some friends) only.

But then again, everyone should be able to call themselves whatever they want. I find gender a somewhat loose term these days, so whatever. But when we're talking about what sec you are, look between your legs.

But, yet again, on getDare everyone should be open-minded. If you don't want a girl in a boy's body or the other way around, then clearly state so.

I somewhat agree with you, but I also think that people should be able to call themselves whatever they want. Because it's the consequences that counts; the possibility of getting rejected.
    You can't be born in the wrong body that is ridiculous. If you want to be a feminine male then that is fine they exist all over the place. I looked up how many genders there are because I was curious and one site said 63. Like bruh there are 2 male and female. If you have a penis then you are a male and if you have a vagina then you are a female. It has always been fine for girls to act like guys and vice versa, they used to be called tomboys. And open minded means that you accept other people's ideas even if they clash with your own so by definition if people on this site are open minded then they will take what I say and consider it and make their own decisions afterwords.

You mention that people are scared of being rejected, well honestly we don't live in a world made of candy and ice cream. This is a scary world where shit gets real and if rejection is the thing that you are most scared about then you are a complete moron. Rejection is going to happen no matter what. Should Harvard just let anyone who wants to go to their school attend? No. Just because you are born and want to be something else doesn't mean you have the right to say you are something else. Not everyone is happy with how they are born. What about people that are born with real defects. Can they just pretend they don't exist and say they are normal? No because if they did then they are considered a moron like another unnamed group of people should be.
  16. Old Comment

Bleona's Journal

I somewhat agree with Bleona. When someone is born in the wrong body and finds this out at a (very) young age, this person probably wants to chance the body. However, even though the person chose another name already and wants to be threated like the opposide gender, he's still the same sex/gender. Only after the operation, everyone sees the person as the other sex. Before the operation, not everyone does; probably the family (and some friends) only.

But then again, everyone should be able to call themselves whatever they want. I find gender a somewhat loose term these days, so whatever. But when we're talking about what sec you are, look between your legs.

But, yet again, on getDare everyone should be open-minded. If you don't want a girl in a boy's body or the other way around, then clearly state so.

I somewhat agree with you, but I also think that people should be able to call themselves whatever they want. Because it's the consequences that counts; the possibility of getting rejected.
  17. Old Comment

Bleona's Journal

that Jewish flow tho
  18. Old Comment

I really want to know

If they are seeking dares, I have found they are primarily just after a fantasy, and they are interested in/get off on deceiving people, or writing erotica/roleplay material. That's all it is to them.

If they are seeking more conversation/submission of others, then in my experience many are posing as women to gain trust. Because there is a perception that a woman online is more likely to be comfortable sharing intimate details, including pictures, with another woman than with a man (given how quickly and severely certain not-so-wonderful guys can harass and frustrate, and make some of erect some pretty strong walls).

That's the extent of my experience though, even then it's not like I've surveyed hundreds of people by any means.
    Posted 10-04-2016 at 09:56 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  19. Old Comment

The nerve of some people

Yep and it happens to me too. Not the asking for me to be their Dom so much but asking for dares etc. I used to respond to their requests but after never hearing from them after putting in the effort to tailor a dare for them I'm over it now and will only give a dare if I know the person and know they will appreciate it and report back. Even a thank you would be nice lol
  20. Old Comment

I really want to know

Without making too many assumptions (which I'm going to do anyway) a lot of trans people (either pre or post realising it) pretend to be another gender online for the validation that comes with it. I used to to the same thing on omegle etc. when I was younger, to tell the truth, before I really knew what was going on.

I think also, a lot of people are put off by dudes or crossdressers, so like WorthlessPig said it's a way to get a bit more action.
  21. Old Comment

I really want to know

Well, tbh women do get more dares and some people do not do dares just imagine doing them so does not matter the dare. Also most dares can be modify to be done by any sex. Just change a few things. That's the issue in a nut shell no one gives men much or many dares... Maybe if people did it every so often they would not lie about being women as much.
  22. Old Comment

The nerve of some people

I get that too.. tbh i sure everyone does. Just know it is just some horny guy that's all it ever is to be honest.