Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Take care of me

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LittleMissSass View Comment
    Always up for chocolate and giggles! You know where to find me gorgeous! Xx
    Did someone say chocolate?
  2. Old Comment

Take care of me

Always up for chocolate and giggles! You know where to find me gorgeous! Xx
    Posted 04-29-2019 at 03:05 PM by LittleMissSass LittleMissSass is offline
  3. Old Comment

Take care of me

This is a lovely post Butterfly and I really love how Mr D is looking after you so well!

I love your points as well, I think they are really important in any relationship as well as a D/s.

I have to say I struggle with point number 5. I like to think I listen and ask follow up questions, not because I have to but because I really do care and am really interested. I think the part I struggle with is not giving advice unless it's asked for. As a typical bloke I know I can be too quick to suggest solutions and advice when it may not be needed. I get that I should just be listening, but I do find this hard and try my best to keep my mouth shut.
  4. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I just want to clarify that I did say that if it was a casual play partner who disobeyed with no other reason than "I don't want to", they would likely be "released". I know that Dommes aren't very plentiful around here, and I am also a very busy person. I honestly don't have the time and patience for somebody who doesn't respect my authority.

That being said, if they have a conversation with me, and they let me know what the problem is, then there is always room for negotiation and second chances...
    That actually does make sense as it could be a red flag or an indicator of some extra work. Even a Dom(me) could make a mistake that would lead me to leave and find another person. I personally have a 3 strike rule for a Dom(me) and will leave at the 3rd unless we have had some time together or they are honest mistakes that are not related. Also, it is about perspective as honest mistakes are very different from blatant disregard for the other person. Like when I had a Dom blackmail me and then I left as a result. Then an honest mistake like someone asking me to do something that was a limit and then instantly taking it back.

Thank you sooooo much for the clarification and hope I didn't upset you or anything. Though I tend to worry myself to death.

-little alexis
  5. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Okay, I'm a bit late to the party here it seems. As usual Butterfly, you have a superb handle on the theme you write about! I agree with pretty much everything you say and my outlook on punishments mirrors yours totally. I actually dislike giving them and like you said if a sub is willfully disobedient then there's probably something a little deeper under the skin of the relationship that needs addressing/talking about.

The only thing I would add is a punishment doesn't always have to be the act of doing something it can also be the act of removing a pleasure for a set time too.

Great post as always, sorry I'm so late in responding!

X X X
  6. Old Comment

The Effects of Edging and Denial

Wonderful blog post, Butterfly. I read everything and didn't know about the variety of emotions during a denial phase and edging.
    I'm currently in such a phase exploring my new submissive world. If you like, you may read my denial diary blog. This is all quite new for me and I feel like an adventurer in an unknown world. Your blog helped a lot in finding my own way. Thank you!
  7. Old Comment

My view on punishments

I fully agree with your writeup and feelings towards the topic.
    Breakin rules intentionally is not a good wait to fish for play.
    If you want to push domme a bit, there is always bratting etc ...
  8. Old Comment

My view on punishments

This is beautiful. I think we need to clarify the meaning of the word “punishment” in this community, and you’ve described it perfectly.
  9. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I love hearing everybody's opinion and the different effects it has on people.
    It is so interesting how our bodies react differently and can even change over time. What is fun for me is a real punishment for others.
  10. Old Comment

I love hearing everybody's opinion and the different effects it has on people.
  11. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Little.Alexis View Comment

The only thing I really disagree with the blog is the dismissal of the submissive. It takes two for a sub to act up and a severe conversation would be needed to rectify the issue. Unless it is a repetitive thing and there hasn't been an improvement. I do believe that a severe punishment would be merited as long as it was manageable by the s'type. Maybe dismissal of the sub if the D'type thinks the s'type isn't going to put any effort into fixing the issue.
    I just want to clarify that I did say that if it was a casual play partner who disobeyed with no other reason than "I don't want to", they would likely be "released". I know that Dommes aren't very plentiful around here, and I am also a very busy person. I honestly don't have the time and patience for somebody who doesn't respect my authority.

That being said, if they have a conversation with me, and they let me know what the problem is, then there is always room for negotiation and second chances.

Of course, with long term play partners, like Jaro, there would be a LOT more flexibility and communication. I know that if Jaro did something without safewording or talking to me, then something is really going on. I would be worried and take the time to figure it out with him. However, I will say that Jaro has been punished before for not communicating his feelings to IceMaiden and I.

I hope this clears that up a bit.

I am strict, but I am also very fair.
  12. Old Comment

This post is so interesting for me! I have recently gotten very into medium-term denial and it is now one of my loves. It used to be a huge dislike for me, but at this point in my life, that extra bit of control is really freeing for me.

Because while Stress is the one controlling my orgasms, it really is about me. My strength. My self-control. My body. I make better choices in the rest of my life because being denied proves to me that I can handle it.

Do I cry out when I get teased at night (sometimes sobbing real tears)? Yes. Do I beg to cum? Of course.

But the positives I feel from denial outweigh the frustration. I eat less and have lost about 15 pounds. I am more confident in my body. My partner and I have way more sex. I wake up in the morning energized. And because my thoughts are usually focused on my clit, I actually experience less anxiety.

That being said, I do have the potential to crash (typically around day 16-18 AND right after I cum. As much as I want to cum, I have almost come to dread it because I know I’ll crash. In the future, I hope to continue to work around that and put coping mechanisms into effect that help me handle those drops.

Overall, it’s drfinitely interesting how differently we experience denial both physically and mentally.
  13. Old Comment

My view on punishments

I love the blog and wanted to share some thoughts as I have been on the receiving end of some really bad punishments. I am a firm believe that a punishment shouldn't be fun or something the submissive would want. That would defeat the purpose of the punishment. But, it should be quick and doable for the submissive. The submissive should be forgiven at the end and probably have cuddles or something. Long punishments or ones that can't be done by the s'type will only deter confessions of future issues. For me, the worst punishment would not be physical in nature. Rather being told that I let them down and disappointing my D'type. Whatever punishment they decided would be bad but... not as bad as knowing that I failed them.

The only thing I really disagree with the blog is the dismissal of the submissive. It takes two for a sub to act up and a severe conversation would be needed to rectify the issue. Unless it is a repetitive thing and there hasn't been an improvement. I do believe that a severe punishment would be merited as long as it was manageable by the s'type. Maybe dismissal of the sub if the D'type thinks the s'type isn't going to put any effort into fixing the issue.

I personally believe that punishments are there to change behavior and keep the s'type in line with what the D'type is wanting. Aftercare and above all... rewards for good behavior are absolutely necessary. Rewards are significantly better at changing behavior then any kind of punishment.

These are just my opinion

- little alexis
  14. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    I can attest to Miss Butterfly being very fair and just when it comes to punishments.
    She rarely punishes me and when she does, I really do deserve it.

We do do funishments sometimes but we don't call them that. I get spanked because it's fun!

Great blog Miss!
    I don't know that I would call what we do "funishments", only because to me, "funishments" are when you are pretending that you were bad and want to do a role play of a punishment just because it is fun.

We just do spanking because we like it.
  15. Old Comment

My view on punishments

I can attest to Miss Butterfly being very fair and just when it comes to punishments.
    She rarely punishes me and when she does, I really do deserve it.

We do do funishments sometimes but we don't call them that. I get spanked because it's fun!

Great blog Miss!
  16. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Very sexy to read. You have this firmness with your tone that it so hot. Anyway great blog as usual. People getting punishments on purpose are some of my early red flag warnings.
  17. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Insightful! I'm still new to all of this, or, rather, newer than I had assumed. As a consequence, this was very much what I needed to read. Thank you for it! Especially the part on feeling like you failed your Dom and that being punishment enough, so that the consequence is a penance that helps with the guilt! Yes! So much yes!

Thank you for writing this!

Connie
  18. Old Comment

My view on punishments

bleh the line on aftercare is pretty spot on, don't know how many times that's broken up a hot session after the fact. It's a pretty rough psychological warp to do dirty things and then to just sit and feel weird after.
  19. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LitDarkness View Comment
    PeachBaby, she does seem like she is amazing in both regards.

And yes, don't set up your sub to fail, that is never going to turn out well.

No one likes failing.

Even though we seem to have some diffrent domming styles on this, (I will excuse real life without any consequences in most cases for example.) I think this is a good blog to learn from.
    Thank you for the compliment.

Oh, I am not always super strict when it comes to real life. For example, if I assign a task for Jaro to complete by the end of the week and then he gets sick or he has visitors or he is even just busy and stressed, then we can talk about changing the deadline without any consequence. However, if he had 2 weeks and was just being lazy so he put it off and then forgot ... he is going to have a consequence. But neither circumstance would warrant a punishment.
  20. Old Comment

My view on punishments

PeachBaby, she does seem like she is amazing in both regards.

And yes, don't set up your sub to fail, that is never going to turn out well.

No one likes failing.

Even though we seem to have some diffrent domming styles on this, (I will excuse real life without any consequences in most cases for example.) I think this is a good blog to learn from.
  21. Old Comment

My view on punishments

Wow this is very well stated! I enjoy the topic as well! I agree you should never set a sub up for failure and give them an unreasonable task!! Seems like you’re an amazing Sub and Domme ♥️
  22. Old Comment

Things I learned in chat today

Life lesson 9811 paragraph 2: If you're sucking on your girlfriend's nipples, "oh mummy" is the wrong thing to say. Always.-
    Nothing wrong with this
  23. Old Comment

Babbling Butterfly

Sorry, I just wanted to say how lovely it was to read your blog. Thank you for sharing as you do and I hope that your anticipation for events in the future - pregnancy(?) and Jaro's visit - match, is lower than the reality provides.

Connie
  24. Old Comment

Babbling Butterfly

I'm glad you do have support. And having feelings of your own isn't selfish.it is completely normal for something that can be a reminder to make you sad.

I do hope you end up getting pregnant and like Jaro wish you luck with it.

And for the other stuff, it takes time go heal and take all the time you need.
  25. Old Comment

Babbling Butterfly

Awch butterfly, you have so much on your plate. It must be really tiring.

It sounds like you are really feeling the loss of the relationship and dynamic though, and that's exactly what to do - let yourself feel it. It needs to be mourned. Afterall, the only way to get off the roller-coaster is to continue riding the ride. I wouldn't feel bad about making it about you. This is just part of the process, and feeling anger is totally natural and to be expected.

With local kink, in my experience, my first few times I was quite concerned with people liking me, and netting myself a fancy lady *eyebrows eyebrows*. But I think I should have just totally focused on getting myself comfortable with the environment, the faces, the voices. I think some regularity with it would have helped (he says, having not attended his local munch in two months) . But yeah, at least at my local munch I think there's quite a few people who only come for one or two munches ever and then leave. I have no doubt that you will dazzle them with your charm once you get comfortable.

But honestly, it sounds like you're doing all the right things (letting yourself feel the feels!), just gotta ride this suck out and focus on the things that you appreciate in the moment. You got this.
    Updated 04-11-2019 at 02:34 AM by Stopclick