Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 03-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #31
Yerst

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.N View Post
However taking a bad mood out on a sub is a different question, I don't believe they should. Whilst a sub is there to please their master I don't think it's very justifiable to being harsh with no reason.
Spot on. Taking out your bad mood on a sub will only hurt them emotionally. They're not a punching bag. Unless, of course, that is the relationship you have with them.
Yerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #32
The Game Master

I would say no, if there is no reason for the punishment then it causes confusion and violates trust. Of course this is also a matter of opinion I think, some dominants and subs wouldn't mind or enjoy this I suppose. I personally would not punish a sub for no reason.

Under NO circumstances should you click this link!

Puzzler: You may enter, but you may not come in,
I have space, but no room,
I have keys, but open no lock.

What am I?
The Game Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #33
DarlingNihilist

I personally have always drawn a line between discipline and punishment and make it very clear to all of my slaves the distinction between the two before they ever enter into a contract with me. If they have done something wrong, it's punishment; these are non-negotiable orders and often quite severe. If I wish to administer discipline it's for my own amusement and I give them the option to accept it or not. This isn't the trick it might seem to be: I always explain that the only thing that will happen if they choose not to is that I will be disappointed. I've never had a slave refuse discipline.

I'm not your anything and I don't owe you anything just because I was born with tits.

Likes: Bondage, Edging, Light Pain, Controlling Slaves, Nudity, Trying New Things
Dislikes: Liers, Bladder Control, Blackmail
Limits:Family, Strangers, Public, Scat, Watersports, Extreme Pain, Blood
DarlingNihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #34
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

I've kind of talked about this my thoughts on discipline blog entry so I won't go into too much detail and at the same time I'm not going to read what everyone says so I may repeat some stuff. To answer your question directly though; yes I do think it is ok to have a slave do something unpleasant just because you feel like it...as long as you do this sparingly. My philosophy in D/s relationships is that both the dominant and submissive should be enjoying the roles that they have chosen to fulfill. If you are going to make the slave do things that they don't enjoy you're probably trying to mold them but you probably will end up driving them off in the end. And as some people have said on this thread if you're using something unpleasant as a punishment, I feel that this should be justified for a good reason. Like you can't tell someone to go into the middle of a mall and strip just because they said u instead of actually spelling out the word you. Well you can but I would consider you an extremist. But punishments in my opinion are there to teach you sub how to act and in turn make the best sub they can be. That's just my own two cents on the issue though.

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #35
Frost Grey

Ok so the theroy behind that is pretty simple: Punishing a slave for no reason recertifies two things:

The first being that as a slave, their owner needs no reason to punish them because they are, infact, a slave.

The second is because reminding them of the fact they are a slave and CAN be punished for no reason goads them to strive to please and thus not require to be punished.

It can be a harsh way to look at it. But some Masters find it quite effective to give their slaves a flogging occasionally to keep their slave on their toes. And to not become complacent.
Frost Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #36
AbusiveMaster
getDare Sweetheart

Why is doing something "unpleasant" the same as a punishment?

In my experience, the majority of submissives I met have a level of insecurity about them, coupled with a desire to be pleasing. If the sub feels they have let their Dom down, the guilt can be really rather nasty, and hurtful to the submissive. I personally feel that "inventing" bad behaviour in order to have a reason to be sadistic is emotional cruelty.

If I want to be a sadist, then I am a sadist. I dont use blackmail, psychological torture or making my sub feel unworthy in order to justify this, I just do it because we have already agreed this is my right.
AbusiveMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:55 AM   #37
SlutPuppy
getDare Succubus

Doing things that are unpleasant or that I don't particularly enjoy (but don't break my limits) just for his entertainment or amusement is perfectly fine with me. Though I will probably ask why he's wanting me to do it, and it's his choice to tell me or not... I don't consider that punishment.

Being punished for no reason, however, does not sit well with me. Punishment is both a mental and usually physical thing for me, and I hate it, it sucks. I'm lucky that I haven't been punished very often, mostly because I try to be good and follow rules/whats expected of me as much as possible.

booty booty booty booty rockin' everywhere

Sex Map HERE

Likes/Dislikes/Limits

SlutPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #38
badwhore

Default I agree

I think, as a slave, a master should be able to punish a slave for no reason as the slave should be expected to please its master no matter what.

Likes: Orgasm denial, spanking pussy/ass/tits/clit, rough sex, controlled masturbation, being forced to watch/read something erotic but not being allowed to touch or cum, electric flyswatters.
Dislikes: Corner time/lines/object insertion.
Limits: Messy/incest/wax.
Toys: Vibrator, dildo.
Spanking implements: Hairbrush, riding crop, bathbrush, belt, slipper, switch.
badwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #39
Star Shadows
Prodigy

In my opinion, as a former Submissive, I believe that a Dom should not punish a submissive simply "because he feels like it" I believe there is a duty attached to their role, and in my opnion that involves a degree of appropriateness in their actions, ie using punishments as punishments.

Giving them a task for their own entertainment is fine, but a punishment without a cause logistically stops it being a punishment at all (likewise I dont understand subs who want punishments, or only do punishments within their likes).

I really do agree with J.M.N and having had a "master" who would take his bad mood out on me I cannot agree enough with the last part of his post. Leave your shit at the door. I was often punished for his bad day at work and while I didnt understand it then, theres no excuse for behaving like that where you have a duty of care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.N View Post
In my opinion

I don't believe that a dom can "punish" a slave for no reason. I consider the definition of punishing as something like to subject to a penalty for an offense, sin, or fault. Therefore they can't punish a slave for no reason.

However taking a bad mood out on a sub is a different question, I don't believe they should. Whilst a sub is there to please their master I don't think it's very justifiable to being harsh with no reason.
That being said as has been mentioned across the thread, it depends on the dynamic of the relationship and of those involved. As long as its something that has been discussed, and agreed to then it really is just a matter of personal preference, linguistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Post
Why is doing something "unpleasant" the same as a punishment?

In my experience, the majority of submissives I met have a level of insecurity about them, coupled with a desire to be pleasing. If the sub feels they have let their Dom down, the guilt can be really rather nasty, and hurtful to the submissive. I personally feel that "inventing" bad behaviour in order to have a reason to be sadistic is emotional cruelty.

If I want to be a sadist, then I am a sadist. I dont use blackmail, psychological torture or making my sub feel unworthy in order to justify this, I just do it because we have already agreed this is my right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlutPuppy View Post
Doing things that are unpleasant or that I don't particularly enjoy (but don't break my limits) just for his entertainment or amusement is perfectly fine with me. Though I will probably ask why he's wanting me to do it, and it's his choice to tell me or not... I don't consider that punishment.

Being punished for no reason, however, does not sit well with me. Punishment is both a mental and usually physical thing for me, and I hate it, it sucks. I'm lucky that I haven't been punished very often, mostly because I try to be good and follow rules/whats expected of me as much as possible.

I think a lot of the "masters" or "doms" who do feel punishing without reason is acceptable should consider Abusive Master's and the latter part of SlutPuppys post very carefully. There in a lot of (not all) submissives a punishment is equally a mental thing to what it is physical, that feeling of knowing you must have done something to displease your master/ dom to have been punished and its often the worst part for a submissive, the punishment often ending long before that feeling goes away. Inflicting that feeling attached with punishment, without the submissive having done anything to warrent a punishment simply because a top feels like it is worrying at least.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 05-07-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #40
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

Yes and no, depends on punishment. After time as passed with no punishments then maybe a little reminder of there place is due. But as i say it depends, some slaves love love love getting punished, i for one dont 100% like it, as my punishments are for purpose only, meaning i have done something/broke a rule to recieve a lesson, (most of the time due to obedience and profanity from time to time) at the end of the punishment i find myself very sorry indeed! So as a whole I think it just depends on the relationship

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #41
Sharp Shooter
getDare Succubus

Send a message via Yahoo to Sharp Shooter

As with so much in life, just because you can does not mean you should, nor does it make it right.

That the dominant may consider something well within his/her capabilities or powers doesn't mean the submissive will either understand or even rationalize to be acceptable. If the submissive feels that something has crossed the line from "scene" to "abuse", the relationship between the dominant and the submissive is beginning to fracture. Better communication is needed with respect for what each brings into the relationship.

Personally, I would never even treat my dog that way so why would I even consider that for a sub or slave? Just not going to happen. If I need to resort to that to assert my dominance, I have no business being dominant.

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ask Me Anything

Mature, dominant Male in search of a very special woman for a very unique journey.
See my GD ad for more information.
Sharp Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #42
Happy Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooter View Post
Personally, I would never even treat my dog that way so why would I even consider that for a sub or slave? Just not going to happen. If I need to resort to that to assert my dominance, I have no business being dominant.
I have a feeling that most of the people who would do this to their sub, would also do it to their dog.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #43
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

As mentioned before, there is a difference between "doing something unpleasant," and "punishing."

Punishment, for me, might be as simple as telling my pet that I'm disappointed in him - and that is something I absolutely do not enjoy. To punish my pet means that he's done something severely wrong. If he's done something wrong, then there's something I did not teach him well enough. That he would need a punishment reflects poorly on both of our actions. I can't imagine why I would ever want to punish my pet "just because."

On the other hand, while it's not really my thing, I can understand reasons why a Dom might want to have their sub do unpleasant things "just because," especially if that's their kink. However, seeing my pet in purely uncomfortable situations for no reason and with no pleasure to be derived from it is not my kink.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #44
2bchew
getDare Addict

Quote:

To me this 1 was one of the best answers.A very big part of punishment is the mental.You are being punished for disobeying or letting down your Master.Doing something unpleasent or a task of some sort is completly the opposite as by doing the task you are pleasing your Master.
2bchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #45
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyme127 View Post
I have a feeling that most of the people who would do this to their sub, would also do it to their dog.

aw that's such a sad and disturbing thought

Quote:

and i totally agree with you plut! i don't deal well with disappointment at all.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk