Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
princess.oxox

Default S/m Form ad.

This has probably been suggested before.

when making a S/m ad, all you need to fill out is your age role and gender, and the age, role and gender you are looking for. i propose that we should add more fields that need to be filled out. I was thinking something a long the lines of:

* is required information

Your:
likes*
your dislikes
your limits*
how serious do you want your relationship to be*
describe yourself*
anything else

ideal person's attributes:
likes*
dislikes
limits*
anything else

instead of drop down lists like in the title, there could be text boxes.
this system still could be bypassed, but i think it would curb the amount of bad ads

Are you over 18? ask for my tumblr
princess.oxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I don't want to support this, to be honest. Giving a Master or slave drop boxes and edit fields to make their ad less awful is like taping a restaurant sign over a slaughterhouse; all it does is mask the fact that they put in little effort and spend no real time on things. It'll make the bad people even harder to spot.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Aivey
getDare Sweetheart

I too, think it's not a very good idea. This is because if someone were to just fill out these fields, each ad would loose its personality. Usually, the person writing an ad would let their personality show through a bit. If it were all uniformed, not only would these ads be boring, but they would lose the more meaningful aspects of writing an ad.
Bad ads are just warnings to users to stay away; if these were uniformed, users wouldnt have any idea about ther PERSON behind the ad.

My Fetlife
Ask Me Anything

Last edited by Aivey; 01-06-2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: gee thanks
Aivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

I agree with Leopard and Aivey, although it would make the ads more informative it takes away a lot of the personal part of it, if you are made to fill out information you will be more likely to. I personally look for information filled ads, it means the person is more likely to be serious. If you do not put effort into the ad it means you are less likely to be serious, and end up "disappearing" in a few days.

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.
lilysmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Star Shadows
Prodigy

I agree with the previous users, and am strongly in disagreement with this idea. One of the brilliant things about the way the s/m add section is at the moment is that other than the title* is that it is totally the users choice as to what they write. This means that at first glance you can easily get an idea of who is serious and who isn't. While it is sometimes annoying to see the one and two line very bad ads in the section they are kinda... in a strange way important to help make a choice in dom/sub.

I can understand why you may see this as a useful solution but as Ivy and leopard and lilysmaster have already said this would simply be hiding a problem rather than solving it; personality and effort are good ways of short
listing adverts, as most serious members would avoid an ad that looks like it had been written by an illiterate chimpanzee with a drug problem. I say let the bad ads continue to help people distinguish between members and member quality. Sometimes regimentation and equality are not suitable or beneficial.

*Which is fair enough as it makes finding applicable threads to what you are searching easier.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote