Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Jakeypoo

Default Fake accounts?

Not sure how to put it...but yea.

Guys pretending to be girls.

Girls pretending to be guys. (probably doesn't happen as much as the first)

Older people pretending to be young?

This stuff kind of scares me. Get excited talking to someone and then wonder, are they who they say they are?

You can always say "have them send you pics". But who says they didn't get those from someone's facebook? Or anywhere else online, for that matter?

I asked someone for a specific picture to prove they were who they say they were, and now all of a sudden they are gone. Makes me wonder if she was who she said she was *shudder*.

How many fake people are on here? Ever had a scary experience?

PM me dares to put in my dare album.
Jakeypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
spankmeplz
Account Banned

that is a fairly scary idea to think that someone u meet up with on here could be a pdophile or rapist or somethin
spankmeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Aries_Laetus
Account Banned

Location: Here, there, a bit of everywhere. Or somewhere else.

If you are worried about fake pictures ask for a hand with a specific date time or set of numbers on it. Also, the girl you were talking to may just have thought "Ahhh, another guy asking for pictures!" and took of scared. Who knows? Anything is possible on a website/chatroom.

Adopt a pokemon if you dont have one! You must! Dont fight it!

"Shoot for the moon, but if you fall short, you'll land on a star." The words I live by
Aries_Laetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
brownsbread

yea i feel like very few people on here are real.. like every day there is a new girl on here asking for punishment for her asshole and willing to do every dare given... kindda seems unrealistic... i only believe a handful of ppl are who they say they are.
brownsbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Fact of the matter is that people will fake: yes it's scary sometimes and it's hard to judge: especially judging whether or not the person you're talking to won't cam because they are fake or shy or just self-conscious and worried that you're a fake. You just have to try and ignore it.there are more real than fakes.

I am who I say I am and once I grow to trust you I will prove that but I am on cam with many people at times so just ask them- Liars are common though.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 04-11-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
Now now- no fighting people.
Who was fighting?

I often wonder the same thing.. who is real? Doesn't really matter to me though. They can be fake if they want to be. It's the internet, it's expected!
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

It's obvious who the fakes are. I just ignore 'em
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
KinkyMaster

Eye

I think that its sad that some people actually do it.
But thats why I always use cam, on myself, to show the other person who I am. That way its more fun for both parts.
Dislikes: Public, Messy, poo, permanent, pee
Likes: almost anything not on dislikes. But pretty new at anal
Limits: Family, illegal, permanent.
KinkyMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
lucky
Account Banned

on internet many people love trolling. We can expect this too.

A suggestion for admins: is it possible to add some some simple icon or something near the user's avatar to show if the user is minor or not according to his account settings? It's hard to answer a post and check the profile everytime to see if I should avoid an answer. If the user asks for a dare maybe he doesn't ask for a sexual one but one for his age etc. This may reduce the posts like "how old are you?" and can easily part the normal friendships.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
courtezan

Location: Slow dancing somewhere just to the left of the rest of the world.

Some people, like me, just like to keep their online life and real life seperate. That doesn't make us fakes.
I have no idea what the people I associate with at work do in their spare time, they might cruise forums like this, and the last thing I need is my membership on here to become public knowledge at work. That kind of thing could get me fired, or make things so difficult that I have to look for another position. People think that others are not so narrow minded anymore, but some of them really are.
courtezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #11
Isis

There probably are a lot of people here who aren't exactly who they say they are. Most people probably lie on the internet to some extent.

There might be some people who do it because it turns them on - acting as a female when they are really male. Others might be doing it to get pictures/ or for scary reasons.

I never give out pics to strangers, you never know who they are. I also never ask for them, because I don't want to end up with naked pics from someone way too young!

~~~~~

Likes: pain, pegs, toothpaste, ice, bondage, being commanded, wearing/ using toys outside, being made to be very dirty and painful.
Dislikes: Public, humiliation, orgasm denial, messy, anything illegal.

No pics or webcam
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
Sasahara
getDare Devil

I am like Isis- I try not lie, but don't give out more info than necessary until I trust someone. I don't ask for pics if it is in someone's limits, and certainly not from anyone under 18.

Other than that, you just have to live with the reality that people will lie and that's just part of what you get on GD.
Sasahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingBear View Post
Who was fighting?

I often wonder the same thing.. who is real? Doesn't really matter to me though. They can be fake if they want to be. It's the internet, it's expected!
the post has been deleted im going to edit it now so i dont look daft

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #14
lucky
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtezan View Post
Some people, like me, just like to keep their online life and real life seperate. That doesn't make us fakes.
I have no idea what the people I associate with at work do in their spare time, they might cruise forums like this, and the last thing I need is my membership on here to become public knowledge at work. That kind of thing could get me fired, or make things so difficult that I have to look for another position. People think that others are not so narrow minded anymore, but some of them really are.
Same. I don't actually lie but prefere to hide. Internet offers a second life where you have an alternative to your life and close minded friends. I'm sick of news about people fired because their intimate photos (even between husband-wife) got into press.

I prefere to fulfill my desires online without trying to force anyone to accept all my fetishes and my way of being in reality.

But I really don't understand people lying on their genders. It turned somehow like being a male can't find a female online to satisfy his needs so he acts as a female to troll males. Ok, some are bisexual, but they have to understand a straight male thinks totally different about a male-male and a female-male relationship - different feelings. If I am straight and some bi tells me "I was a male actually" I don't feel like he liked me, but I feel like he trolled me.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
Epilogue

Fakes? Never happens!

There are some "fakes". Who knows who they are but who knows who you are? Always go in with the mindset that text chatting is just that, text chatting. Just like you can't know who someone actually is by seeing their picture you can't know who they actually are by text chatting.

I, for one, am who I am. At least the part I choose to talk about. I expect that of most people. However the part of them they choose to share is not all of them and it might not be the same part of them that they share face to face. For most people this place is an escape. A small part of them that gets to become bigger when they are here.

I fail to see what knowing what someone looks like is so intimately connected to who that person it. Have fun, relax, enjoy the chatting and the company. If you want to see people step away from the computer.
Epilogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk