Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 10-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
NYDude

Send a message via AIM to NYDude Send a message via Yahoo to NYDude
Post Freelance Writing Section

I had this idea for a while, but didn't know how it would go over due to people interests and whatnot, but i had just read a post by Nuditydudity stating that he wants someone to read some of his work that he's written, and it kind of came back to me.

We already have a story section for Truth or Dare, and a section for Mature (18+) stories. What i am proposing is a Freelance writing section, that will allow the authors and creative writers of getDare an environment to get feedback and post their work thats not related to Truth or dare or Mature themes. I know for one i would love this, as i take a creative writing class and would appreciate feedback on my work.

Please Depp, give us a Free Writing board so we writers of getDare can post our work!

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal.
NYDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

There are a few stories which don't fall under "truth or dare" or "mature". I believe you can still post them in the story section
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
nuditydudity
Distinguished Member

While that is true, it is not the majority of cases. And they are suppossed to either be mature, or be inspired by truth or dare. for me it was a bio project on William's Syndrome. That's not exactly truth or dare, now, is it? I agree with NY Dude. Even if it's somewhere in the Lounge, that'd be fine too!

Sing like you know the lyrics

Dance like no one is watching

Live like you were dying

Love like you've never been hurt before
nuditydudity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
Hunanic

Thumbs down

Sorry, but I believe GetDare's purpose is mature and TorD stories, if you want to write freelance,go to another site.
Hunanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunanic View Post
Sorry, but I believe GetDare's purpose is mature and TorD stories, if you want to write freelance,go to another site.
That's slightly unfair and, besides, getDare has a "Lounge" where absolutely anything (within reason) can be discussed. So the same should go for stories.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
theone
getDare Succubus

Sounds like it may be a good idea to me, but it depends how popular it would be with others.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.
theone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDude View Post
I had this idea for a while, but didn't know how it would go over due to people interests and whatnot, but i had just read a post by Nuditydudity stating that he wants someone to read some of his work that he's written, and it kind of came back to me.

We already have a story section for Truth or Dare, and a section for Mature (18+) stories. What i am proposing is a Freelance writing section, that will allow the authors and creative writers of getDare an environment to get feedback and post their work thats not related to Truth or dare or Mature themes. I know for one i would love this, as i take a creative writing class and would appreciate feedback on my work.

Please Depp, give us a Free Writing board so we writers of getDare can post our work!

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal.
I'll add this to the Author's Lounge soon
Keep an eye out for it!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
depp
SysOp

I've added the section inside The Author's Cafe and it has been added as a trial. If it gets used we will keep it, if not after a few months I'll nuke it and move the stories that remain into the cafe.