Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
cheesey923
Distinguished Member

Default music

recently i got in an arguement over which is better so i thought to bring the question here.

rock or rap and what is your reasoning?
and dont answer because its better our something stupid give a convincing and reasonable answer to which you think is better

Revamped with a new outlook on this website!

Loves: cross dressing, wedgies, anal, oral, bi, feminization, sissy, cum eating.
Likes: anything that's not in my limits. Open to just about anything.
Limits. Extreme public(guaranteed caught by people I know) blood, scat.

Hoping to stay around for awhile now.
cheesey923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I like certain types of rap and the same with rock. Serious heavy metal just isn't music to me, and the whole screaming thing.
Also with rap a lot of it doesn't seem like music at all either and is degrading to women, rude and they swear too much.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Pingu
Be afraid

I agree with Poob. I don't like the extremes of rock or rap but the "moderate" type of music of both I like.

If I had to choose then I'd go for rock as I think the music is better.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
naked40
getDare Sweetheart

Rock because I like music with plenty of 'energy'.
Rap does nothing for me...

I love Truths. PM me any time with your questions
naked40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Adzamatix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I like certain types of rap and the same with rock. Serious heavy metal just isn't music to me, and the whole screaming thing.
Also with rap a lot of it doesn't seem like music at all either and is degrading to women, rude and they swear too much.
Yup i couldn't agree more, though i sway more heavily in favour of rock because it seems sharper tuned and I just like more rock songs than rap. I don't like swearing or screaming in songs either, it just ruins a sometimes promising song lol.

""

Loves : Bondage, Nudity
Dislikes : Pee, Public
Limits : Pain, Scat, Strangers.
Adzamatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
HeadHunter_t

Send a message via ICQ to HeadHunter_t Send a message via MSN to HeadHunter_t Send a message via Yahoo to HeadHunter_t
Default rock for me

rock because i prefer the type of beat in rock songs
Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

I would prefer rock over rap. Don't get me wrong I like both styles. Rock however has many different tribuataries that it can branch off to. Classic rock, hard rock, regular rock, heavy metal, metalcore, hardcore etc. Rap as far as I can see only has two rap and hip-hop. Also rap seems to play the same beat over and over and only seems to change at the chorus. Rock can incorporate many different rhythms, and obviously rock is easier to air guitar to

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
cheesey923
Distinguished Member

i think rock is better because it has moods. no matter what your feeling or thinking about their is always a rock song that sounds exactly like you feel

Loves: cross dressing, wedgies, anal, oral, bi, feminization, sissy, cum eating.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
pilky6661
Account Banned

I would definately go for Rock music. I prefer it as there is alot more energy in it and usually alot of meaning goes into the lyrics.
also ive been brought up with the likes of AC/DC and Iron Maiden (who were the first ever band i saw live) because of my dad.
However, unlike alot of people on here, i will quite happily listen to the extremes of Rock (Screamo, Death Metal, Thrash Metal etc. etc.) when im in the mood for it. i find that this kind of music is alot easy to listen to when you are majorly p**sed off. Though is definately not recommended for a person who likes to listen to the lyrics of a song lol.
Rap was my thing until 3 years ago, now it just doesnt cut it for me. People say some of my music is just noise, whereas to me, Rap is just talking in a bit of a beat.

O.K.: Insertions, Cross-dressing, Light bondage
Dis-Likes: Heavy bondage, Light pain
Limits: Heavy pain, Humiliation, Messy, Involving friends and family.
pilky6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
cheesey923
Distinguished Member

oh and rock music is real not computer made like rap

Old 04-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Smile

In my opinion, rap is the worst form of music because a lot of it is not music. Here is a smorgasboarg of definitions of music:

"Music is an art form whose medium is sound organized in time. Common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. The word derives from Greek μουσική (mousike), "(art) of the Muses"."

-The great expert, Wikipedia

"1. The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
2. Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.
a. A musical composition.
b. The written or printed score for such a composition.
c. Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano."

-The Free Dictionary

"1 a: the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b: vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony"

-Merriam Webster Online dictionary

"The thing that reflecs absolute beauty in the world- an undefinable incredible thing and experience."

-Officelover

All of those mention melody, harmony, and pitch. RAP, or Rythym And Poetry, has rythym (obviously), but has no melody or harmony. Since these are the three fundamental building blocks of music, without harmony and melody, a sound is not music. It's like saying that a cow's mooing is music just because it's a sound.

I am not opposed to the idea of rythym and poetry- but truth be told most rap is no longer poetic at all. And this calls the question of what is poetry, and what is art. Art does not have to be beautiful- I know that. But even critical art a) uses an artistic medium; therfore a work of critical art might be a play, a song, a painting- but it uses a medium of art. And, b) is intended to do something positive, not negative.

Rap does not follow these things- and a lot of it certainly could be called "critical art". I've found most of it is chock full of swears, degrading to women, inspired by hatred, or purely inteded for commercial purposes.

To me, that's not music. And if you add it's lack of artistic intent, negative influences/ intent, and the fact that it does not include melody or harmony, I believe that this disqualifies it from being 'music'.

Now that I've solved that little issue of lexicography, I believe thaqt most people here can interpret my opinion on rap.

Also, rock rocks!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #12
urlilslave080
Distinguished Member

i like both rap and rock to certain degrees, but im more of a world reggae type of guy, i listen to artists/bands such as
Bob Marley (jamaican reggae)
Damien Marley (Jamaican toasting/reggae)
Job to do (Thai Reggae)
Izrael kimikawo'ole (Hawaiian Reggae)
and lots more

so i say reggae beats all.

OR IF YOU HAVE DICE CHECK OUt MY NEW DICE DARE GAME
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=27595

Happy Daring
urlilslave080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #13
emo boy
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to emo boy

Rap, and there is different styles of it - MC, freestyle, rave, slow etc, most good rappers/MC can do the same lyrics at different speeds and to different beats. Look at UK rap - you have top MCs like Dizzee Rascal & Wiley who want fame then you get local MCs who just do what they do for the love of music, usually for peanuts

As a result of a post in the signature thread, a post which I expanded on, I must now accept any dares, regardless of them crossing my limits.

doing webcam dares most nights if intrested PM me

I am a Captured Enemy of the getDare Castle 2.0
emo boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk