Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-05-2014, 02:31 AM   #1
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

Default Mega "Vs" competion... thoughts and feedback please

Thread is here:3 Way Mega "Vs" Competetion! Perkygirlie Vs Jlstockton25 Vs Gamer69!

Well, that mostly went well i think.

So then, comments and feedback etc please.

In particular:

• What did you like about it, what do you think worked well and should be done again? - and why?

• What didn't you like about it, what didn't work and what should be avoided in future? - any why?

I've got a few thoughts of my own, but i would like to throw the floor open for comments initially.

Likes:Enthusiasm, Pain, CBT, Spankings, Humiliation, disgusting, chemical play, sissy, pics(others), (&)
Dislikes: Public, pee, pics(me), anal, (&)
Limits: Stupid, Exposure, Rules, bondage, Long tasks, social suicide, (&)
Bonus features: My rules(#), 'wanted' ad & many questions.
&=More details on Likes/Dislikes etc here
*=Full 'how to' details & rules here

Last edited by silverdarknight; 05-05-2014 at 02:41 AM.
silverdarknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

Quote:
Im interested who exactly won it ^^*
Ah, well there, that is a question for the philosophers.

Was it JLstockton? Was it Gamer?
Was it, infact, you and me?

Likes:Enthusiasm, Pain, CBT, Spankings, Humiliation, disgusting, chemical play, sissy, pics(others), (&)

Last edited by silverdarknight; 05-05-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:48 AM   #3
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdarknight View Post
Ah, well there, that is a question for the philosophers.

Was it JLstockton? Was it Gamer?
Was it, infact, you and me?
I just Read The answer of The other Thread ;P
Poor Gamer c:
Old 05-05-2014, 02:50 AM   #4
sonicboom1979
Distinguished Member

I want to first say thank you to you silverdarknight.

Without you this might not have been possible. Also I would like to commend you on finding 3 or the more popular people on here to participate. That made the comtest very interesting.

I don't have any issues with the contest or the way it was conducted. Lets just hope that all participants had a good time. I am looking forward to the results of the dares. Both jlstockton and perkygirlie have a very inventive imagination.

Thanks to all.
sonicboom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
Iodine
getDare Succubus

Feedback wise it liked the thread as a whole, but it feels the actual poll was unnecessary, if were counting votes everyday then the poll would just be misleading to everyone who opens up the thread and isnt bothered to read through the entire length of the thread. It means if you look at the poll Miss Perkiegirlie and Jlstockton25 are nearly tied which could have swayed votes unnecessary.

It liked the different colors for voting, it meant that no one could get confused easily as too who voted for who and it made the votes stand out which could have been easier to count. might it say that it would have been a good idea to get people to color code all requests aswell. It would have made them stand out better.

It would also have preferred if the reports for the requests would have been kept on a blog post, maintained by each contestant (each one with a separate blog) that way everyone would have been able to judge them easily instead of having to sift through pages and pages of " i vote for xxx".

About this whole voting thing its sure there's some software out there which would make this whole thing more efficient, it used to have the name of one, but it doesnt remember it right now. Yep thats not very helpful it knows but hey.

Overall it liked the content of the thread itself, if it looks like its being overy critical its sorry its just giving its opinion.

Take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.

Mysterious hyperlink!
Iodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

I enjoyed the voting, and hope the contestants did, as well! I agree that reports should be entered as blog entries, as that would not only keep them clear in a sea of votes, but also hopefully inspire people who read the blogs but don't view the threads to get involved. Also, good blogs are wonderful, in and of themselves, so to have people reading more, posting more, and making more things happen there can only be a good thing.

Each contestant having their own colour would be good, as well.

I disagree that having a poll in addition to the vote was not needed. It gave an interesting little dimension to the game, and as for confusing voters; I like that kind of chaos. When you have people trying to sway votes, make deals, etc, what harm is a little confusion to lazy readers?

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #7
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

Well then, time for my own thoughts and comments.

The poll was there to give something easy/simple for passing posters and lurkers to do. You didn't have to post or anything, you could just click on the poll and contribute. Half the outcome came from the poll. I think it did it's thing. If anything, next time, I might be tempted to throw away in thread voting and just let people fight over the poll results.

I also disagree that task reports etc should be taken out of the thread. The idea wasn't just that the thread was a list of votes - it was ment to contain banter, dares, teasing, heckling and generally be a really intense edge-of-their-seat-oh-my-god-what-the-fuck-have-I-let-myself-in-for experience for the three girls that allowed the rest of us to indulge our sadistic and voyeuristic streaks at the same time.

Good points:
It worked. Bloody hell the damn thing worked. This was an extremely ambitious idea, and the net result is 'it worked'. Awesome.

I could be mistaken, but i think it mostly had the intended effect on the girls as well, making them somewhat nervous and scared and excited at what might happen / they get to do as well.

We have had some interesting tasks come out of it already, and stand to get a lot more in the near future. Result!

Bad points:
Open for too long. I was expecting it would need some time to find it's feet, build up momentum and for people to heckle and negotiate deals with the girls and for stuff to generally happen. Instead I think it had burnt out a bit by the end.

Quiet thread. I was hoping for a lot more banter and teasing on the thread. I was hoping for a lot more of 'i think one of the losers should do this' and 'how are you doing today miss X? Scared of what might happen to you?' and 'oh dear? Did i just post again? Guess that is more spanks for someone then!'.Instead it seemed to end up as a list of votes. I think this was partially because a lot was happening backstage over PMs etc, but it still seemed to give the impression there wasn't a lot of action happening.

Lack of feedback in thread. I know it was already a massive workload on the girls, but it would have helped to have them posting a bit more of 'I've done this' and 'Oh my god...no don't make me do that'. I also needed to be much more aggressive about getting the scores up on time.

Harsh outcome. The result is a little OTT (especially for Gamer) but she is a brave girl and should be able to manage, if given time to do them I think. The ability to change the weighting for '1 dare per X votes' and 'X spanks per post' was one of the primary drivers for me stating 'I can change the rules' right at the start, but i decided not to in the end as it wouldn't have quite been fair.

What would I do differently next time:

Just run it for a long weekend. This solves the 'burnt out' and 'OTT outcome' in one blow.

Ditch the spankings. The purpose was to encourage people posting by giving an obvious reward for doing so. It didn't work, so isn't needed.

Score it on time every day, and oblige the contestants to post daily updates as well.

I'm also a little sad at the lack of ratings and thanks on the thread, it kinda feels a bit like i might have put the three girls through all of that for nothing and nobody really cared, but that's more a personal gripe than a technical one.

Advertisements
Kink Talk