Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Default Interacting on and Using getDare

Click image for larger version

Name:	309941.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	7583

In the near future, I would like to see a completely new section devoted to getDare Mentorship & Education. My hopes is that this will be a section devoted to discussing important topics and answering questions that people may have, no matter their experience level is. I also think it would be a great place to share resources that may be scattered throughout getDare, as well as in other places on the internet.

In the meantime, I am going to create designated threads in the advice section that will focus on one topic. Each topic will have discussion questions, as well links to any resources that I have found. People are encouraged to answer their questions, share their opinions, definitions or experiences as well as link to any resources they have found helpful. You may also ask questions relating to that topic and others can help answer them.

The only rules (other than the getDare posting rules) is that everybody be respectful to others. No personal attacks will be tolerated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TOPIC: Interacting on and Using getDare

In this thread, I would like to focus on dos and don't of interacting on getDare.

What are some tips that you would share with people who have not yet made an account on getDare?

What are some tips you would share with people who are new members?

What are some behaviors that you don't like seeing on getDare?

What are some behaviors that you love seeing on getDare?

Do you have any regrets on getDare?

What features on getDare are "hidden" or people don't know about, that you find helpful?

Please feel free to share your experiences, definitions, opinions and any resources you find many be helpful.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 02-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Default Resources

Welcome to getDare by Cassandra

So You Want to be Noticed by Butterfly

How to get guaranteed replies - good manners in details by Cassandra

Thread: How to talk to girls on getDare

Thread: New to getDare

How NOT to interact on getDare by IceMaiden

Not all subs are sluts by Butterfly

Pet Peeves by Butterfly

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 02-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
Blue Fox
getDare Devil

One thing to SERIOUSLY consider is your username. Some people find that they didn't like it. Others made one that they "grew out of".

My mistake on this? I made one that is too easily traceable to my real life for people who know me. If I could change it, I totally would.

So, to all the new people thinking of making a gD account: SERIOUSLY consider your username! No changing it once you make it.

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=94638
Blue Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
Hammarling

Not every single post of yours will be perfect. If you make a mistake somewhere, own up to it and learn from it.
If you're not sure what you are writing is appropriate, or could be recieved wrong, step back and take a breath. Re-read your writing and make changes. Clarity in tone is very important, if you're making a joke make it sort of obvious. Far too easy to lose your tone online.

Although ultimately, be yourself. Genuine people attract genuine people.

My NEW Ad Seeking A Submissive

My Bloggy Blog of Blogness

Kik: KHammarling

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Scat, Extremes, Illegal, Pics/Vids (unless i ok it)

Likes: Pet Play, Humiliation, Public, Light Anal, Self-Bondage/Bondage, Degradation, Games
Hammarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Siren
getDare Succubus

The first tip for newbies that comes to mind is to fill out your profile. Things like:
  • Picking an avatar (it doesn't have to be kinky and it doesn't have to be a photo of you)
  • Filling out the "about me" section on your profile
  • Creating a signature
  • Adding a blog post or two with more info about you as a person or about your kinks
  • Answering some truth threads, whether kinky or vanilla (like this
    or this or this or this or this)
  • Posting a list of your likes and limits (if you want to take dares/tasks or are looking for play partners)

A filled out profile will make your account a lot more recognisable and allows people to find out a little about you before approaching you. It'll also help you get taken seriously as someone who wants to be a member of the site (in whatever capacity) rather than just a lurker.

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:08 PM   #6
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
What are some behaviors that you don't like seeing on getDare?
If I post in a kik humiliation thread that I am open to people messaging me for the next 3 hours, that's because I am in the mood for it and I put that time limit for a reason. If you see my kik days later, you're free to message me, but maybe start out with a "hello" and get my consent to engage in play. If you just open with a demand of me and calling me a slut when I haven't indicated that I am open to that, don't get pissed when I don't respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
One thing to SERIOUSLY consider is your username. Some people find that they didn't like it. Others made one that they "grew out of".

My mistake on this? I made one that is too easily traceable to my real life for people who know me. If I could change it, I totally would.

So, to all the new people thinking of making a gD account: SERIOUSLY consider your username! No changing it once you make it.
I second this. It's highly unlikely that anyone from my vanilla life would ever connect this account to me on first name alone, but it's something in the back of my mind. At times I almost wanted to abandon this account and make a new one under the name I use in kink spaces, but I am too sentimental to give up my history with this account.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #7
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Now that I got rid of what part of Butterfly's post I don't need....

TOPIC: Interacting on and Using getDare

In this thread, I would like to focus on dos and don't of interacting on getDare.

What are some tips that you would share with people who have not yet made an account on getDare?

What are some tips you would share with people who are new members? Get to know people. It is good to have some close people from here. If you join when 18, people will be wary, don't get too upset about it. (I know from experience.)

What are some behaviors that you don't like seeing on getDare?"B my slv pms. Rudeness. Unprompted name calling. Not reading pm limits for pm dares.

What are some behaviors that you love seeing on getDare?Getting to know people, interacting with the community, niceness in general and reports.

Do you have any regrets on getDare? Yes but, that is not to be posted on this thread.

What features on getDare are "hidden" or people don't know about, that you find helpful? The ignore list is helpful. Go to your profile and options then ignore list.

Please feel free to share your experiences, definitions, opinions and any resources you find many be helpful.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post

Consider! Consider! Consider!

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk