Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average.

How NOT To Interact On gD.

Posted 05-04-2017 at 07:15 AM by IceMaiden

So I have seen a lot of posts recently about how you SHOULD interact on gD, but none about what you SHOULDN'T do on gD. So here are my tips!

1: DON'T message random people out of the blue giving/requesting tasks. It's rude. Especially if someone hasn't asked for tasks or said they want to give some. It's even more rude when it's clearly stated in their signature and/or profile they don't want this. Really guys, it takes five seconds to read a profile.

2: Do NOT be a bitch/jerk to people for no reason. You're not going to make friends that way and you're probably going to lose the friends you already have too.

3: Do NOT make huge dramas over nothing. It's gD. Not everyone is going to agree on everything all the time. So if you don't agree with something, raise it with the person you disagree with and resolve it like adults. Don't cause a big fuss and cry woe is me.

4: DON'T inject unsolicited and unwanted personal opinions about others relationships. If they wanted your opinion, they would ask for it. If they don't ask for it, it's absolutely none of your buisness.

5: DON'T put people down/insult them because you don't agree with their views, their choice of partner etc. It's rude, it's childish and you're not going to make any friends with this approach.

6: Do NOT try and take more than what is offered in people's threads/PM dares etc. If it's stated "I will do x" then it means they will do x. It doesn't mean they will do x and you are free to add y and z to the task too.

7: DON'T approach a dom/sub and ask to be theirs when it's clear they are not looking for someone or are in a relationship. Most people have on their profile or signature if they are available or who they are in a relationship with. Ignoring this and asking anyway is disrespecting the person you are asking AND their partner(s).

8: Do NOT throw a hissyfit if people call you out on your BS. Here's a tip: Stop BS'ing. Then no one will have anything to call you out on!

9: Be nice. Treat people how you want them to treat you. If you're going to be a cunt, expect people to respond appropiately.

End of my tips...so far.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3918 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Love the Tips, maybe 9 should be:-
    9: Be nice. Treat people how you want them to treat you. If you're going to be a cunt/Prick, expect people to respond appropiately.

Sir.
  2. Old Comment
    Wise words indeed. Top kudos from me for this, let's hope the people that need to take note.

Nothing worse than people airing their dirty laundry in public and getting other people involved, especially when all the facts might not be there....

It always amazes me that people can't accept that we're all going to have differences of opinion, different values and ideas of what is wrong or right at some point. It's fine to give your opinion, but that's all it is, it still might not be right, so don't claim it is. There might not be a wrong or a right. Don't get to over excited about the small stuff and create unnecessary drama.

Sometimes it's also better not to comment....
  3. Old Comment
    There's a German saying: "Wer ficken will, muss freundlich sein." Basically translated: Friendly people score more often.
  4. Old Comment
    Love how you contributed via the Don'ts.
    Updated 05-04-2017 at 10:16 AM by CSasha
  5. Old Comment
    You forgot one of the big ones girls deal with. Calling girls sluts or bitches or any other name when you just met them! Although I guess that could kind of fall under rule 2, 7 and 9
  6. Old Comment
    I love this. People really should just be polite. Oh it is like in that movie..Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure, "Be excellent to each other."
    Respect, and Politeness, and awesomeness go a long way to making new friends.
    Posted 05-04-2017 at 07:54 PM by Doux et vivant Doux et vivant is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Thank you so much for including #6. That turned me off doing PM dares on the very first day, and it was weeks before I was interested in trying again because it was so bloody exhausting to deal with people who took 'creative liberties'.
    Posted 05-06-2017 at 01:24 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  8. Old Comment
    "How Not To Interact With People".
  9. Old Comment
    It is interesting that you list the Don'ts instead of the Do's as they are equally important but often missed!

I agree with all the points you mention above and have personally experienced the brunt of the following points

Quote:
    1: DON'T message random people out of the blue giving/requesting tasks.
    Yes, have received weird requests.. Just because I have a dictionary doesn't mean I sit and make dares all day long and am a replacement domme for anyone!!

Quote:
    Do NOT try and take more than what is offered in people's threads/PM dares etc.
    Again I don't know how I am perceived as, here.. but I am not as kinky or spend most of my time in such activities contrary to what some may assume.. In fact I feel I am more vanilla than most and kink is just a small discreet part of my life..

Quote:
    DON'T approach a dom/sub and ask to be theirs when it's clear they are not looking for someone or are in a relationship.
    I think every female has faced this here..

So thanks Ice Maiden for writing this post..

Apart from what you have mentioned, some more don'ts I would like to bring to notice from personal experiences here are -

Don't read more into friendly gestures of posting in one's threads or sending one pm dares (like she/he may be interested in domming us) otherwise it deters us from interacting at all! Apart from looking for "personal" play partners only, "social" interaction and friends are also a big part of the getdare site!

Don't send friend requests to people based on one or two thread or pm interactions.. At least some weeks of continued communication should precede friend requests.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by m55uk4younger View Comment
    Love the Tips, maybe 9 should be:-
    9: Be nice. Treat people how you want them to treat you. If you're going to be a cunt/Prick, expect people to respond appropiately.

Sir.

That also works

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterwants View Comment
    Wise words indeed. Top kudos from me for this, let's hope the people that need to take note.

They probably wont!

Nothing worse than people airing their dirty laundry in public and getting other people involved, especially when all the facts might not be there....

I HATE seeing a full blown out argument between people, if they want advice or support I will happily give it but jesus don't tell the whole world every tiny little bit of your private stuff. I may sometimes blog about AM and I handling some issues or briefly mention what they are and how we resolved them but I would never dream of trying to get people to 'side' with me, or demand to choose a side, start name calling etc. I'm an adult, not a 10 year old in the school playground!

It always amazes me that people can't accept that we're all going to have differences of opinion, different values and ideas of what is wrong or right at some point. It's fine to give your opinion, but that's all it is, it still might not be right, so don't claim it is. There might not be a wrong or a right. Don't get to over excited about the small stuff and create unnecessary drama.

Sometimes it's also better not to comment....
    This. With the obvious few exceptions where the real issue can clearly be seen, no one is going to be 100% correct all the time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    There's a German saying: "Wer ficken will, muss freundlich sein." Basically translated: Friendly people score more often.
    I love that!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    Love how you contributed via the Don'ts.
    I felt like writing something but didn't have a topic and figured this was as good as any

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadowice0823 View Comment
    You forgot one of the big ones girls deal with. Calling girls sluts or bitches or any other name when you just met them! Although I guess that could kind of fall under rule 2, 7 and 9
    I don't know how the heck I forgot this particular one!! I haven't had that for a while fortunately....although recently I am getting a lot of random PC in chat that are almost as annoying!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughtylittlegirl View Comment
    Thank you so much for including #6. That turned me off doing PM dares on the very first day, and it was weeks before I was interested in trying again because it was so bloody exhausting to deal with people who took 'creative liberties'.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves on here! I very rarely give tasks out but when I have it's just common sense and respect to stick to the rules that are set out and if you REALLY want to add something just ASK first but respect a no if that's the answer given! The last week or two I have recieved a few PM dares with 'extras' added on, or completely different tasks altogether and it's like...is my profile not clear enough? Is my signature not clear enough? Did I say you could do that? Did I ask for extra tasks or any at all?! It makes me want to rip their head off!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lacram View Comment
    "How Not To Interact With People".
    Yes but some people wont get that either.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nina@ View Comment
    It is interesting that you list the Don'ts instead of the Do's as they are equally important but often missed!

I agree with all the points you mention above and have personally experienced the brunt of the following points

Yes, have received weird requests.. Just because I have a dictionary doesn't mean I sit and make dares all day long and am a replacement domme for anyone!!

This x1,000! If I want to give one I will to people who have asked in tord threads that look interesting, I'm not EVER going to give one to someone who's first contact with me is via PM saying "can I have a dare/use me/ can I be your sub" etc. If I did that every single time I am asked it would be literally all I ever did on here!

Again I don't know how I am perceived as, here.. but I am not as kinky or spend most of my time in such activities contrary to what some may assume.. In fact I feel I am more vanilla than most and kink is just a small discreet part of my life..

I think the people this blog is aimed at assume/forget everyone has a private/vanilla life...they want to cum right now how dare we not be available to help them! *rolls eyes*

I think every female has faced this here..

This seems to be spreading to males too or at least AM is getting it alot recently. We have access to each others account and when I see his pms from these sort of people I want to hit them over the head with a metal chair.

So thanks Ice Maiden for writing this post..

Apart from what you have mentioned, some more don'ts I would like to bring to notice from personal experiences here are -

Don't read more into friendly gestures of posting in one's threads or sending one pm dares (like she/he may be interested in domming us) otherwise it deters us from interacting at all! Apart from looking for "personal" play partners only, "social" interaction and friends are also a big part of the getdare site!

This is an excellent one! The majority of people that do this then wonder why there's so little females willing to play or even chat and don't ever think that in fact they're the actual problem.

Don't send friend requests to people based on one or two thread or pm interactions.. At least some weeks of continued communication should precede friend requests.
    Another excellent one! Since the Deal or no deal thread went up and the recent spanking thread AM posted for me I think I have rejected at least 10-15 friend requests from those. A few comments or games isn't going to make me know you enough to trust you with my private posts/pictures!
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Comment

This is one of my biggest pet peeves on here! I very rarely give tasks out but when I have it's just common sense and respect to stick to the rules that are set out and if you REALLY want to add something just ASK first but respect a no if that's the answer given! The last week or two I have recieved a few PM dares with 'extras' added on, or completely different tasks altogether and it's like...is my profile not clear enough? Is my signature not clear enough? Did I say you could do that? Did I ask for extra tasks or any at all?! It makes me want to rip their head off!
    I know that there is limited space in signatures and it's not overly fun to have to cover all your bases like this, but. I did find that behaviour calmed down when I stated that any attempts to modify the PM dares would result in me entirely ignoring the PM dare, and no kinky report for you! People should know better, it should be common sense, and yet experience tells otherwise. I hope it calms down for you.
    Posted 05-07-2017 at 05:03 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadowice0823 View Comment
    Agree with this! Yesterday I received probably the most vile pm ever on here (for me), after I'd (politely) pointed out I already had a dom and was not interested in looking for another. Called me all sorts of derogatory names, telling me what he'd "do" to me, how worthless I was, what would happen if I didn't agree, it was very threatening.

If I received that when I was new to the site, I probably would have left and never come back!
    Updated 05-08-2017 at 10:05 AM by Sam~