Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Request TORD Online

Old 02-24-2021, 04:45 PM   #196
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcamel View Post
Well, even if she is wrapped in mystery, I consider enough that she is very good in writing reports.
That much is true for sure. She is really good at that and she also has a nice temper. The fact is, like nyxlotus was saying that it may always be a novel, a fantasy. We'll never even know if she really is a girl, just to be blunt and clear

It happened to me and it will happen again for sure

EDIT: just to be clear and to not offend anyone. I consider girl every person that identifies a bit in that particular gender, I don't mean strictly biological girl. Sometimes it's simply a man that doesn't even feel or identify himself as a girl. Nothing bad in that, don't get me wrong! It's a fantasy, like we were saying. But facts are facts

Proud owner of a worthless bunny

M / 33 / EU

LIKES / PM DARES / TRUTHS / AMA

Last edited by kaiman; 02-24-2021 at 05:03 PM.
kaiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:18 PM   #197
redcamel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiman View Post
That much is true for sure. She is really good at that and she also has a nice temper. The fact is, like nyxlotus was saying that it may always be a novel, a fantasy. We'll never even know if she really is a girl, just to be blunt and clear

It happened to me and it will happen again for sure

EDIT: just to be clear and to not offend anyone. I consider girl every person that identifies a bit in that particular gender, I don't mean strictly biological girl. Sometimes it's simply a man that doesn't even feel or identify himself as a girl. Nothing bad in that, don't get me wrong! It's a fantasy, like we were saying. But facts are facts
Indeed this is the magic of textual forums, related to the virtual reality of media social as books are related to movies: the second ones gives you a graphic virtual representation of the story, the first ones makes you build the representation by riding your own imagination. Which of the two is better? Probably both of them. Anyway, how many times you indulged thinking about the sex (inclination) of the writer while reading a book that makes your imagination fly? And how many times did you met the author in real life and enjoyed less her/his writing because of it?
redcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #198
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcamel View Post
Indeed this is the magic of textual forums, related to the virtual reality of media social as books are related to movies: the second ones gives you a graphic virtual representation of the story, the first ones makes you build the representation by riding your own imagination. Which of the two is better? Probably both of them. Anyway, how many times you indulged thinking about the sex (inclination) of the writer while reading a book that makes your imagination fly? And how many times did you met the author in real life and enjoyed less her/his writing because of it?
I agree only to a certain extent. There is a reason why the males that do like this on the site presents themselves as womans. What you say it's completely true, the only difference with what happens here is the sexual nature of the content. If i knew that a man is describing this particular experience, as for my sexual orientation, I wouldn't be interested in reading it. I could appreciate the fact that is written well and in a creative way, but I would never get off at it and so a big part of what the writer wanted to convey would get lost. Let's suppose you know that a male is writing something of sexual nature from the perspective of a female, would it be the same for you?

M / 33 / EU

Old 02-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #199
nyxlotus

That's true. Sometimes fantasy is better than reality. I have a feeling that Dolphin lives up to our expectations tho

In reference to Redcamel's post
nyxlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #200
kaiman
getDare Zealot

I'll be back in a bit. Have to finish dinner and make a report I'm super late for haha.

Would be nice to continue on this topic later, I find it really interesting and fascinating

M / 33 / EU

Old 02-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #201
nyxlotus

get more wine while you're gone... 200 posts!
nyxlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:12 PM   #202
kaiman
getDare Zealot

*rushes back in with a bag full of bottles*

I got the wine! But it seems like the party is over

Such a pity, I thought it was a really interesting topic of discussion.

Seems like we'll have to focus on the bottles

M / 33 / EU

Old 02-24-2021, 08:03 PM   #203
nipplelicker

Helping boosting the number of post
nipplelicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:13 PM   #204
just.for.fun01
Prodigy

Still a vary interesting read let’s keep up the good work to add time

My Challenges
What’s one more day
http://https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=400279
Chasity/Denial Weight Loss Challenge
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=404467
just.for.fun01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #205
kaiman
getDare Zealot

*yaaaawn*

I'm too tired to say something even remotely interesting right now. I'll save some energy for tomorrow when she'll come out for blood. Shelter is ready and broken bottles should be a good enough weapon.

All ready to go

M / 33 / EU

Old 02-25-2021, 12:45 AM   #206
Akitawa
getDare Sweetheart

Goodnight kaiwan
Old 02-25-2021, 02:07 AM   #207
redcamel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiman View Post
I agree only to a certain extent. There is a reason why the males that do like this on the site presents themselves as womans. What you say it's completely true, the only difference with what happens here is the sexual nature of the content. If i knew that a man is describing this particular experience, as for my sexual orientation, I wouldn't be interested in reading it. I could appreciate the fact that is written well and in a creative way, but I would never get off at it and so a big part of what the writer wanted to convey would get lost. Let's suppose you know that a male is writing something of sexual nature from the perspective of a female, would it be the same for you?
Sorry, I had to go to sleep (different timezone ).

Interesting question.

Maybe it's just a matter of how one sees and lives the forum interaction: if the perspective is that forum space is strictly connected and parallel to one's real life (maybe up to the point that potentially could bring to real life interactions), what you say makes perfect sense.

If the perspective is that the forum space is a place of the imaginary apart from real life, where anyone can be what he/she feels/likes to be, the "physycal" sex of who is typing on the other side becomes irrelevant until his/her shown "virtual" sex remains logical, consistent and credible.

To answer your question, by my point of view of straight: of course I'd loose interest knowing that the "woman" I'm interacting with is a man, since I'm not interested in sexual interactions with men, even if virtually. But until the "other side" acts/writes/thinks as a female in a credible way, the question if "she" is really a "she" becomes secondary, let's say that it's part of the "risk of the trade" but it doesn't subtracts (nor adds) any particular thrill. And such remains, at least until "she" doesn't make something that makes me suspect.

Another interesting question: a man who writes pretending to be a woman could bring to (virtual) life a "perfect woman"? Probably yes, because this "woman" is built exactly matching what a man thinks a perfect woman should be. Should we be wary of women that appear too perfect? (BTW: in GD there are several examples of females that are even too "perfect" from a man's point of view, and sometimes I suspected that they was "too perfect to be real").

Have you seen the movie "The Affair"? Another interesting example is the "novel "Story of 'O' ": there's a theory that probably under the pseudonym of "Pauline Reage" hides a man, despite of this the book's appeal seems to remain intact.

(I modified this post after sending because english is not my native language, and reading back I realized that it did'n expressed clearly my thoughts)

Last edited by redcamel; 02-25-2021 at 03:47 AM.
redcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:37 AM   #208
kaiman
getDare Zealot

Nice. This is getting deep enough that I'm having trouble to explain myself as thouroughly as I'd want to. My English is not good enough for this but I'll make a try.

I'll try to organize a bit my thoughts by setting some questions that I think are relevant to what we are talking about.

Is it possible for something virtual, or not real, to have the same impact as something tangible?
Absolutely! If this is what we are trying to understand and define, I have no doubt about this. When I'm reading a book or listening to music...hell even a painting which is still and wordless can give me feelings and emotions and sensations that sometimes not even something tangible can. A person could pretend anything and be able at the same time to conjure something powerful and meaningful.

Does the fact that human interaction is involved changes the perspective on this?
Kinda!? I'll take an example from a thing I experienced first hand not long ago. Chatted and interacted with this girl from the site for weeks, untill she decided that wasn't fair to keep from me the fact that she was a man. By that time, a really nice bond had developed between us and while I still can feel that bond and I'm not mad at him..I do feel a bit betrayed. Mostly because I was starting to feel personally and emotionally invested in what was happening and that concrete investment was based on foundations that weren't real. Curious thing is, when I think back at the experience and at what we both have the other do, I still see a woman doing it, while if I think of him in this very moment, I see a man.

Should the person who's receiving the illusion be aware of the fact that it's only an illusion? Has honesty a place in all of this?
When I look at a painting or read a book, I know from the get go that I'm living through a conjured image. This doens't subtract from the experience that I get out of it and yet I can't help but feel that it would be a bit different in this case, because there is an actual human interaction at work. I personally think that honesty should have a place in this. The person looking at the smoke should know that, and invest as much as he seems fit for that kind of experience. All good stories are lies, but I do know from the beginning that they are. I actually think that the narration would become even more powerful in this case

Would that honesty change the perspective I have toward the illusion?
This is really subjective. Some are more prone to be driven by their emotional side and their imagination and some have a more pragmatical approach. Personally, I think that it would enhance my experience, because I could make full space for the exploration of the story and of the fantasy, without having to think if I'm looking at a curtain of smoke or at something made of blood and meat.

There is a lot more to be said for all of these questions but I don't know if this is the right place and it's really hard for me to talk about something so deep in a language that isn't mine.

A man who writes pretending to be a woman could bring to (virtual) life a "perfect woman"?
Absolutely! This links to the first question I answered so I won't go back in depth on that. The power of an illusion is absolute and huge and we surely agree on that.

Btw, mi sa che abbiamo lo stesso fuso io e te *I think we probably have the same timezone man

M / 33 / EU

Last edited by kaiman; 02-25-2021 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Minor typo
Old 02-25-2021, 05:01 AM   #209
kaiman
getDare Zealot

I'll also add:

Would the sexual aspect be dulled by the truth?
Hard to say. Normally it's not like that (books, etc..) but in this particular case it probably would change how I perceive things and live emotions that springs from the experience, due to the highly interactive and sexual (involves orientation) nature of this virtual play. This is really subjective, as in the last question from above. Even if I do picture the guy from my personal story as a woman, thinking about our plays, I do not get horny or excited about it in a sexual way anymore..but maybe knowing it from the get go, it would have been different. I think that feeling of being betrayed has a part in this, because I could give an example where discovering a similar thing didn't subtract to the excitement I got out of it all.

EDIT: sorry dolphin obviously this one doesn't count for your task, but I really wanted to close my points with a question that was relevant to this particular environment

M / 33 / EU

Last edited by kaiman; 02-25-2021 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Forgot a quite important part
Old 02-25-2021, 07:41 AM   #210
just.for.fun01
Prodigy

This really just keeps getting more interesting as the days go on

My Challenges
What’s one more day
http://https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=400279
Chasity/Denial Weight Loss Challenge
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=404467
just.for.fun01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements