Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 09-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
thevoiceinside

Default Reorganizing the Chatrooms

After today with the enforcement of the rule about "The Dare Slave" being for those looking for Masters/slaves only and not for "Masters" and "slaves" to hang out and have chat that may be more explicit than "The Lounge" I've decided to propose a restructuring of the TorD Chat function.

I propose a set of new rooms and rules that would better benefit those looking for a place that may be more open to discussion or certain types of conversation that would be considered more than "General Banter" but not sufficient enough to be considered purely BDSM talk and or Play.
  • List of Rooms:
    • The Lounge
      • General Discussion - PG 13/Mature - Not so possibly offensive.
    • Truth Or Dare
      • No General Discussion allowed.
      • Used for Truth or Dare games.
      • Room for requesting "Dares", "Punishments"
    • The BDSM Lounge
      • General Discussion allowed - PG-13/Mature/Adult - Possibly Offensive to some.
      • A place for Dominants and submissives to hang out.
      • General BDSM Discussion - Talking with other Doms and subs.
    • The Dare Slave - Possibly Renamed
      • A place for Dominants and submissives to seek other Doms and subs.
      • Advertising Purposes, to post your Advertisement, find others that're seeking, discuss advertisements, etc.
    • The Scene
      • Used for Roleplaying
      • Meant for big scenes, not just small actions.

I think this reorganization would be better suited for the chat so that you can have a place for people that have conversations that tend to lead into more adult topics separate from those who may just be looking for general discussion or "hanging out" This will also separate the people seeking others from those just having a conversation so that there are less issues with a random seeker spamming the room and the "Discussions" being disrupted. The additional room will give people who are more BDSM oriented a place to hang out and chat about anything without worry that they might be disrupting a room meant for advertising, or disrupting a room meant for lighter conversation topics.

PM Dares - https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=97199

Last edited by thevoiceinside; 09-22-2011 at 05:24 PM.
thevoiceinside is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 12 users say Thank You to thevoiceinside for this post:
Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
DeepMind

I think that's good...

But (yeah that annoying "but") for the "The Dare Slave"... it will not work ... I mean... People that post those ads are seeking for audience (basic marketing concept) and there is not a lot of people that will hang there, just waiting for those ads and not allowed to talk in between exept of ads. So the room will always be empty or filling and emptying real fast, people will go back to other room to talk and go back there... and finaly posting ads everywhere as mutch they can, twisting between the rules...

I mean, it's like looking at a tv channel only passing publicity: who will look at this?

I'm I the only one seeing this?

what if the Truth or Dare room would also be the place for ads? People will post ads and well, in between playing some tord game, why not? or maybe they will find what they search while seeing dare going on... since that room anyway is not for general talking... Dare, truth and ads!

Just an idea...

Cause i don't think a room just for ads could work... since posting ads imply doing it where there is people to read them

My little opinion. It may not be a good way to go, but i suggest it anyway Use it or flush it, no problem whit that!!! (brainstormmmm :P )
DeepMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
The Natural

As much as I appreciate the thought of an organized chat, it's just impossible.

People will go where other people are. Very few actually care about the purpose or intent of the room, and only seek to find the largest pool of people. If there are 20 people in the lounge, and 5 in the Dare Slave room, everyone will stay in the lounge. It's just the way people work.

Just my thoughts. I wish the best anyway!

Edit: DeepMind beat me to it. >.<

"Strength does not come from a physical capacity, but from an indomitable will." -Ghandi
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
dcoen111
getDare Sweetheart

Go voice go fight the power!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dislikes: Food, Pain, wax...
Limits:Family, Friends, Public, and illegal
I love men so much.
PM me and I'll tell you why you're a much better person than me.

18/m
PM me HUMILIATION and I will share one humiliating facts about myself.

I use cum as shampoo
dcoen111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
thevoiceinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepMind View Post
I think that's good...

But (yeah that annoying "but") for the "The Dare Slave"... it will not work ... I mean... People that post those ads are seeking for audience (basic marketing concept) and there is not a lot of people that will hang there, just waiting for those ads and not allowed to talk in between exept of ads. So the room will always be empty or filling and emptying real fast, people will go back to other room to talk and go back there... and finaly posting ads everywhere as mutch they can, twisting between the rules...

I mean, it's like looking at a tv channel only passing publicity: who will look at this?

I'm I the only one seeing this?

what if the Truth or Dare room would also be the place for ads? People will post ads and well, in between playing some tord game, why not? or maybe they will find what they search while seeing dare going on... since that room anyway is not for general talking... Dare, truth and ads!

Just an idea...

Cause i don't think a room just for ads could work... since posting ads imply doing it where there is people to read them

My little opinion. It may not be a good way to go, but i suggest it anyway Use it or flush it, no problem whit that!!! (brainstormmmm :P )
True, there is the possibility that it might end up being empty, but I think with this structure the new room for "Advertising" would be a place where two "possibles" could meet up to discuss an advertisement too. Not just somewhere for people to spam a link. Or to discuss with the advertising people what they've found works best, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
As much as I appreciate the thought of an organized chat, it's just impossible.

People will go where other people are. Very few actually care about the purpose or intent of the room, and only seek to find the largest pool of people. If there are 20 people in the lounge, and 5 in the Dare Slave room, everyone will stay in the lounge. It's just the way people work.

Just my thoughts. I wish the best anyway!

Edit: DeepMind beat me to it. >.<
Yes, but currently, the way it's been is that People go to the dare slave for advertising, but there's been a group of people hanging out in there having conversations that would possibly be less accepted in the lounge, hence the addition of the new room, as it is now if the rules continue to be enforced with no general discussion in "The Dare Slave" the same situation will occur.

Last edited by thevoiceinside; 09-22-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
dragonhunter501

I actually agree completely with voice's reorganization. At the moment, we have 2 chat rooms that see little to no use. (The Tord room and the scene)

We need a "BDSM Lounge" were more 18+ general discussion is allowed and encouraged.

Sure, you are going to have people who don't follow the rules or who do disruptive things in chat, but that is no reason not to have the organization in place. Reorganizing the chat will allow those of us will follow rules and enjoy the new organization a place to have our fun. And with more defined rooms with clear etiquette to follow, those of us who try to follow the rules can report the ones who don't, and hopefully get some of the problem corrected.

Also with getdare being a 18+ to join site now (yes, the old underagers are still here), I can't see why we would not have a room specifically for 18+. I personally would enjoy an area where I could (in theory) pursue s/m conversations without the worry of being infracted for minors. (Yes, it would be impossible in action, but it would lets us just report the minors for being in the room and after enough bans someone will get the message.)

So I guess it boils down to, Yes, it's impossible to have an organized chat, but the attempt should still be made. It will take effort to even get close, but I'm willing to put some effort into trying to make it happen, and I'm sure others are as well.

(Sorry, for the run-ons. But that happens on forums.)

I do not do dares. I do not sub.

Likes - pain (slight to moderate), cbt, some bondage, wax play, anal play, low risk public, spanking, edging, masturbation, cum control, cum play, exercises

Limits- Poo/pee, Illegal, Unsafe, etc.

Slave Application.
dragonhunter501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
DeepMind

indeed!

but the problem i see if it happen to get empty, is that what was supose to be there will get back where it should not sooner or later... always playing on the edge of the rule... and ultimately getting argument on chat and everything we know that this imply...

That's my point... But you are right, if people got to hang there, yes it could solve the problem... but give them some "meat" to get them stay in that publicity room not just talking about those publicity or what publicity work best...

anyway, i'm not even a real regular here... so my opinion is not that "enlighted"... it's just my litle piece of it :P
DeepMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

I had a random thought see if anyone takes it anywhere. IRC, its not longer just web based/SQL although it requires a server, it adds the ability to just make your own room, on top of predetermined rooms. However again it requires a server, and getting constancy from the site to irc, profiles, usernames and passwords etc. does pose a problem. Got a get idea, but I thought none the less.

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.
lilysmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
thevoiceinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysmaster View Post
I had a random thought see if anyone takes it anywhere. IRC, its not longer just web based/SQL although it requires a server, it adds the ability to just make your own room, on top of predetermined rooms. However again it requires a server, and getting constancy from the site to irc, profiles, usernames and passwords etc. does pose a problem. Got a get idea, but I thought none the less.
Stuff like this has been done on other websites, so it IS possible. collarme has a setup like this with a web based interface that can grab profiles and such. However I was proposing restructuring of the current setup since it'd probably be easier to do than just completely revamping the system.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=383355
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

My take on this?

It's a fecking chat room. It's not the end of the world. Just go in a room that's got an appropriate name and chat. My god.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
My take on this?

It's a fecking chat room. It's not the end of the world. Just go in a room that's got an appropriate name and chat. My god.
I suspect that you're not taking the Internet seriously enough!
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard View Post
I suspect that you're not taking the Internet seriously enough!
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
That cat has the weirdest face o.0

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote