Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

The funny thing about Gor is that, while this D/s sub-culture was inspired by John Norman's novels, neither the author or his books have anything to do with BDSM whatsoever. His books were published at a time where the feminist movement was at it's highest and inspired a sort of counter-culture that gave us those Gor novels, and movies like The Stepford Wives (the 1975 original version, not that horrible remake featuring Nicole Kidman...)

Some people choose to live their lifestyle based on these fantasy novels based on a so-called «Natural Order» that considers that females are inferior in all aspect to males. I could never personally accept any «Natural Order» of anything because I don't consider males to be superior or Dominants to be superior either for that matter... but meh... to each their own I suppose...

Where I start having a problem with Gor is when some tries to force their beliefs and lifestyles on others... Those who have been here for a while may remember this thread. Those are the kind of people I stay away from. But to the Goreans' defense I could say that there are just as much non-Goreans who are like this guy... You could say that I have more of a problem with narrow-mindedness and condescendence than I actually have with Gor

As I said I could never personally ever find anything in this sub-culture that would come close to reflect my own personal philosophy regarding D/s... But hey everything in life has a good side and I guess so does Gor... Without it, there would have never been any House Plants of Gor!
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk