Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #91
fork
Account Banned

So why does this thread get to go off topic like this but other ones can't? Just a question, don't go all banning me for it, por favor.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #92
depp
SysOp

Pill Don't do drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sFluffy? View Post
So why does this thread get to go off topic like this but other ones can't? Just a question, don't go all banning me for it, por favor.
An exemption has been made for this FANTASTIC thread.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #93
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by interesting View Post
This is getting confusing. Let's accept the notion that atheism is a religion. There is no mariage without a religious component, because apparently, religion is inherent in all mariages.

You're therefore saying that belief in God is greater than non-belief, that it takes precedence. Remember that there is a difference between Agnosticism, which does not deny the existence of God but does not validate it either, and atheism, which does deny the fact of God. A faith that denies the existence of God would contain God within it as elements of mariage? This is a clear contradiction.

You have 'never' heard of mariage without religious component? Clearly, you have not been keeping up-to-date with mariage laws in Western countries. Most of them, if not all, have sanctionned civil mariage, and those ceremonies remove the component of God altogether. You might not have heard of it before, but now you do. Look it up, if you want and don't believe me.

You can't argue the existence of God because you CANNOT disprove it, since you can't argue the existence of God because you CAN prove it. It is faith. That's the whole of the Christian message: believe and you will be saved.

I'm having a hard time reconciliating all the conflicting notions presented here, mainly because of the contradictions I point out, but I think what you are really getting at, and this comes back to the beginning, is that the SACRED character of MARIAGE only occurs when it is between a MAN and a WOMAN. Any other form of union would therefore not be sacred.

It is not my intention to be mean, and I am actually enjoying this debate, because it remains civil. I am just trying to help articulate the many sides of the coin, as I don't believe this is a black-and-white issue. I am also trying to help you sum up your position: if that is truly what you believe, I respect it, but I think your reasoning needs to be honed and defined if it is to stand up on its own. Otherwise, it's just, well to put it bluntly, a form of prejudice. But that's my opinion.

(Also: Is it possible for you to use capital letters and punctuation? It would make your entries more readable. Thank you.)
First of all I have never heard of Agnotiscism but secondly I was saying thast as long as it contains a religious ceremony (which atheism is also a religion so the ceremony they use can be technically considered a religious ceremony for the purpose of argument) and it is between a man and a woman it is the way God intended it making it sacred. Another way to thinkof it is ho all life is sacred for a similiar reason.

And your right I don't keep up to date with the laws.

And your right you CANNOT argue the fact that God exists, although I do not need prove for the benefit of others I will include the study a man did and SCIENTIFICALLY proved God exists.

A Doctor in New England seperated patients into two groups and the Doctors in the hospital were not told which patients were in which group. One group was prayed for the other was not, only the patients knew they were being prayed for.The patients that were prayed for did significantly better on average then those who did not get prayed for. Fearing that some might claim that it was a phscological effect, the Doctor redid the test however this time no one knew who was getting prayed for except for the people praying. The results were the same.

Btw I do belevie this is a black-and-white issue however no I am not prejudice against homosexualls, they can have a civil union similiar to marriage but the way it is defined in the bible means that it can't actually be marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffie View Post
Atheism is a belief, not a religion.
We already had this argument and i proved that technically, by definition atheism is a form of religion

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #94
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post

And The Bible, I just can't get my head around it right now. Worship God or burn for eternity.
Seems kind of unfair. And most of the rules are bloody stupid.
No one is stopping you for staying a Christian. If you feel the rules are stupid, then you can just convert to no religion, or another religion.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #95
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
Please post this study for us to read. When you make amazing claims you need to back them up. I would be interested to see how this was conducted and what the sample size was. I've seen every prayer study that I have come along get debunked so I would be very interested in this one. Often they have small sample sizes or allow bias / placebo effect to creep in.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #96
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
Please post this study for us to read. When you make amazing claims you need to back them up. I would be interested to see how this was conducted and what the sample size was. I've seen every prayer study that has come along get debunked so I would be very interested in this one. Often they have small sample sizes or allow bias / placebo effect to creep in.
I've seen evolution and the big bang get debunked.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #97
depp
SysOp

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
I've seen evolution and the big bang get debunked.
Did I claim to believe in either? This is completely unrelated to the topic and not an argument I am qualified to make.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #98
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Did I claim to believe in either? This is completely unrelated to the topic and not an argument I am qualified to make.
It is completey ontopic (sort of) It was in response to you saying you saw prayer get debunked.

Prayer does work.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #99
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Prayer does work.
I prayed once and asked God to have a word with Santa. Seriously.

Still didn't get that bike
Old 07-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #100
depp
SysOp

World

Quote:
Prayer does work.
Do you have proof of this claim you can show people? All I am asking for is the evidence to support this claim. Anyone can claim anything but at the end of the day results are what seperate fantasy from reality.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #101
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koquillion View Post
I prayed once and asked God to have a word with Santa. Seriously.

Still didn't get that bike
Ask yourself, "Do I need a bike?" God will asnwer your prayers, but if it is just for some useless thing (I am not saying bikes are useless), then God won't answer. People often missquote Jesus saying "Ask anything in my name, and it will be given to you"
Old 07-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #102
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Ask yourself, "Do I need a bike?" God will asnwer your prayers, but if it is just for some useless thing (I am not saying bikes are useless), then God won't answer. People often missquote Jesus saying "Ask anything in my name, and it will be given to you"
I was taking the mick -_-
Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #103
dragonator
getDare Devil

Quote:
Please post this study for us to read. I would be interested to see how is was conducted and what the sample size was. I've seen every prayer study that has come along get debunked so I would be very interested in this one. Often they have small sample sizes or allow bias / placebo effect to creep in.
ok i found it again the part that has the study is close to the bottom
http://www.ooblick.com/text/atheist-argument.html

this is just where i found it i dont know where the got there information from exactly

i must do any dare that i get as long as this is a part of my signiture
I was dared to post my full erect length. my full erect penis length is 3 inches.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #104
depp
SysOp

World

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonator View Post
ok i found it again the part that has the study is close to the bottom
http://www.ooblick.com/text/atheist-argument.html

this is just where i found it i dont know where the got there information from exactly
Checked out the link. I find it a little humorous that a page titled "How Not to Embarrass Yourself in an Argument With an Atheist" does not back up any of the claims made with sources. I don't think atheists are closed minded for the most part, they just want to see supernatural claims made backed up with verifiable and reproducible proof before accepting them. I'll keep searching for the actual study but if you happen to find it yourself please link it for us to talk about and research.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #105
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Checked out the link. I find it a little humorous that a page titled "How Not to Embarrass Yourself in an Argument With an Atheist" does not back up any of the claims made with sources. I don't think atheists are closed minded for the most part, they just want to see supernatural claims made backed up with verifiable and reproducible proof before accepting them. I'll keep searching for the actual study but if you happen to find it yourself please link it for us to talk about and research.
I have proof Depp. Jesus have forwarned us about Atheists, and he was 100% right. Whats that, a coincidence you say? Maybe, but just seems a little too impossible for it to be just a coincidence(for it to just happen without Jesus saying it)
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk