Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #31
Crusher_63
getDare Sweetheart

Went out on the balcony and took a picture of these flowers from the hanging basket, just as it started to rain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0314_flowers1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	2423  
Crusher_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #32
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Bug

I decided this was an opportunity to go visit the Zoo. There are lots of flowers there plus one greenhouse with butterflies flying all over. I tried to get a flower photo with a butterfly in it, but I just couldn't get the butterflies to cooperate. They would land on the wrong side, keep flapping their wings, or fly off before I could get a close-up photo.

I never saw this kind of flower before and thought the bright red color was a good contrast with the green leaves. Plus it seemed nice and bright and cheerful. So I chose this photo of many candidates.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Red.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2429  
DaVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #33
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subgirl1993 View Post
I have lots of pictures of flowers and wish I could share more!!

I certainly agree with that! Each time I do this I have a hard time choosing one photo, and it does become quite subjective as to which may be best.

Perhaps a themed photo contest could be done one week. Where three or four complementary photos would be submitted at once. How well the photos mesh together would be judged. Just a rough, not well thought out idea.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 AM   #34
Sharp Nacelle
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Sharp Nacelle

Buddleia flower. This was taken in the evening when the sun was giving a nice golden glow to the west. I wanted to make sure that the background was as out of focus as possible by using a low f-stop number. I liked how the sun is lighting up some of the little flowers, even shining through the petals.
Anonymous secrets
My advert
Sharp Nacelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #35
Star Shadows
Prodigy

This weeks winner....

STELLZ

closely followed by
Subgirl1993 and Jake_NN_ Bake

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #36
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Keeping this one as another simple one as I wont be in the country for the first week to answer any questions on this. But I promise to give you something new and interesting the fortnight after that - just want to be around to answer qustions for it- so this competition title is:

Ticking time

Simple as it is- the passing of time or something that denotes time in some way, be it a clock, an egg timer or something totally different. Dare to surprise me.

What I will be looking for
**A strong use of colour and lighting. Understand where it may be better for colour, and where black and white may be more appropriate, and in the same way understand some photos suit strong light while others work better with the minimum possible.
**A beautiful photograph with an appropriate use of focus.

[size 1]to recap!
Point system
Initial posting of photograph = +4 points.
Explanation as to why you took it = + 2 points
The two runners up per week = +5 points
The winner of each week = +10 points
Bonus points for inventiveness/ originality and other bonus worthy things =+2 points.
Consistent entry: point per week you enter (like a combo) these could build up = +1 point
Any breaking of the rules = -10 points, and moderator intervention if necessary.

All points will go onto a database that can be viewed using this link and I will post a run down of every one's scores at the end of the two week time period for each entry.

Rules:
1. Under NO circumstances will +18 images be considered for this competition. This site is still largely a PG13 community and as such the photographs entered must reflect this. Naked people etc will not be tolerated.
2. All photos must be placed in this thread to be considered.
3. You have 2 weeks to submit your photograph for each title, after this time your entrance wont be counted.
4. While my decision is the final one feel free to comment on how you feel scoring should go... saying you think you should win wont go far though.
5. Photos all should be your own work taken on a camera. Using a search engine to find one kinda defeats the point a little. I reserve the right to check the sourcing of suspicious images.
6. Photo-editing is supported and accepted within the competition.I personally would recommend www.pixlr.com if you do not own an editing software.
7. One entry per fortnight/title. If more than one photograph is entered only the first will be judged, without consideration of the latter.

Breaking of the rules will not be tolerated. If you are seen to be breaking the rules appropriate action will be taken. Points may be docked and in sever cases disqualification may occur, moderators informed, photos will be deleted and accounts banned. This may seem strict but this thread also has to conform to site rules and regulations.[/size]

So just again for you all... this fortnight’s title is “dilapidated”, you have two weeks to take a photograph relating to this, and post it here (with an explanation for bonus points) This fortnights title will be closed on Friday the 12th August at 10 PM GMT. Beyond this point no further entries will be accepted, even if they are posted on the tread and are super awesome.

good luck and happy snapping
xx Star shadows.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #37
pymani96
getDare Sweetheart

Here is my entry for week 3. I took this as a spur of the moment. I was board, so i took some fotos on my fone.
Pymani
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG0281A.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	2457  
pymani96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #38
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Well a still photo can’t show an actual clock ticking away, so I had an idea that this photo entry should emphasize a stopped clock. So I hiked through an old, but still active, cemetery with numerous elaborate monuments including a former U.S. President from 1881. This little statue seemed to be anxiously wanting to hold the watch I brought along. This is the headstone of an 11 year old girl whose personal clock stopped ticking in 1908. So hush, hush, little children, be quiet and carefully listen to the wind for this little girl’s message. She has been patiently waiting 103 years to speak to you.

Tick – tock . . . tick – tock . . . tick – tock . . . tick . . .

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ticktock.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	2466  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #39
subgirl1993

i love seeing this clock everytime i walk in the city. i know its a little old school, but i love roman numerals on clocks, and this is one of the only ones i see on a semi-regular basis that has them. i decided to have a bit of fun with editing, as i just got a new program and wanted to mess around with it a bit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10006578.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	2473  

Likes: tease/edging/denial, breast and nipple play/pain, clit/pussy torture

Limits: no public, blackmail, illegal, permanent, body writing, messy, risky/dangerous, scat, blood...

!!!!!NEW!!!!! PM Dares

In Denial Until: November 27, 2024
(Updated as of post #107–every post now counts for 2 denial days and edges!!) PM Dares apply to this as well - including Bad Girl/Denial Slut.

Add to my denial…and edges!! Will I orgasm again in 2024?
subgirl1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #40
Crusher_63
getDare Sweetheart

Unfortunately I did not have time to go and take the photo I had in mind - of a sun dial. So had to settle on this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TIME_01_GEDC048.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	2474  
Crusher_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #41
Tordalk

Send a message via MSN to Tordalk Send a message via Yahoo to Tordalk

I'm very busy atm, that's why I was out of posting a photo the last time. I didn't get with the days when the competition end.
So unfortunately there was no pic from me last week, even if I took some. I was very happy with them, so I will show you nevertheless: click here

For this week's title, I will show you a photo I did some time ago at my parents home. We own an old wind-up wall clock with beautiful roman numerals. This clock strikes every full hour that many times and additionally every half hour one time. So when I'm at home, I can hear how late it is
AND this clock, because of its mechanical clockwork and its pendulum, makes loud noises, like tic-toc-tic-toc, you can hear all over the house. I didn't hear it anymore, or rather it is part of me, I can hear it just now, even if the clock isn't here.
This all shows this photo to me, because I didn't just took a photo of its clockface, but also of the rack-wheels behind it. And I think this clock is a very beautiful one
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TimeVII.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	2475  

27/m likes:
nipple clamps, piss play, deepthroats, outdoors, nudity, pain, bondage, slight public, masturbation, edge, tease&denial, gags, anal, thongs

sometimes:
humiliation, wax, ball bondage + weights

limits:
ball pain by beating/squeezing, needles, wedgies, poo, shaving, family/neighbours, long lasting, showing face

You're allways allowed to pm me if you want to know something or dare me ;-)

Last edited by Tordalk; 08-04-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Tordalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #42
luvNgrl

Sorry I was moving last week and couldn't enter, but figured I'd try again. I actually thought of time in two different ways when I read the topic. I wanted to find something that would show time passing by as the time in our lives and then also just a clock. I was out shopping and found this clock that had 50 anniversary on it. I thought it was pretty and also that it showed 50 years of time within just one picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0758.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	2487  

Submissive of Master Balki

Likes: humiliation, being controlled, pet play, bondage, spanking, anal, orgasm control/denial, light pain
Dislikes: more than light pain, age play, pee/poo control, annoying drivers
Limits: family, illegal, permanent

Toys: rope, vibes, hitachi, anal plugs, suction dildo, lovense lush
luvNgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #43
Jake_NN_Bake

My entry this week may not make sense to you but hopefully someone understands it. I knew with the theme "ticking time" every picture would be a clock. And I knew that if I put another picture of a clock there it would stand no higher than the rest of them. SO in order to stand out from the rest I threw away the "represent time" idea. I decided to use time to create my entry. Light Painting is something every photographer is familiar with. You can do all sorts of different things with it. The basic principle is long exposure, high aperture, and dark background. Then you wave a light around and it shows up in the picture. Well I thought this would be the perfect way to represent time in an unusual manner. You use time to capture every picture. But I used a lot of time to record every bit of light I could. This is why light painting proved to be an interesting way to represent time.

Jake_NN_Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #44
Star Shadows
Prodigy

My apologies to you, with the new modness, life changes and my week holiday abroard closing this weeks competition on time and opening the next one totally slipped my mind. I will post this contests results and next fortnights title tonight though.

Again apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused

Star xx

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 08-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #45
Star Shadows
Prodigy

And the winner of this weeks competition is
Tordalk

followed by
subgirl1993 and Jake_NN_Bake
davance you were ever so close this week too, keep up the good work

To view all points visit the competition database
(Here)

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Advertisements
Kink Talk