Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 12-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #31
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
The introduction message is a great idea and I'll work something up!

This is an excellent description of the dynamic I've tried to maintain since getDare started.

I only really care about an automated message or PM that just tells them they can block/report etc. I agree the rest is all subjective.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #32
moxie
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Thanks depp for reading these things and taking suggestions seriously. I appreciate that you are responsive to ideas from the community here and consider their ideas and feedback.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death"
- Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #33
depp
SysOp

The following message is now sent out to users when they register:

Welcome to getDare!

Before you post anything you should check out the posting rules and guidelines. The most current rules can always be found in the getDare.com Forum. Failure to follow these and other posted guidelines may result in your account being banned.

If you spot trouble, alert the moderators by clicking the report icons () located in the corner of every PM and post. If a user starts bothering you with PMs and won't stop, add them to your ignore list. This will hide all their posts and private messages.

It is highly recommended you upload an avatar image and profile picture as soon as possible. Avatar images are shown next to every post you make and help other users identify you. It would be a good idea to upload one now!

If you need any help with the site or have any questions, please visit the getDare.com Forum located at the bottom of the main forums page. There you can read guides on how to use common site features and have your questions answered.

Tired of getting messages from getDare? Check out the account options page! There you can customize all your notification and account settings.

Looking forward to seeing you around the site!

All the best,
getDare

Last edited by depp; 12-28-2010 at 10:17 PM.
depp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #34
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
The following message is now sent out to users when they register:

Welcome to getDare!

Before you post anything you should check out the posting rules and guidelines. The most current rules can always be found in the getDare.com Forum. Failure to follow these and other posted guidelines may result in your account being banned.

If you spot trouble, alert the moderators by clicking the report icons () located in the corner of every PM and post. If a user starts bothering you with PMs and won't stop, add them to your ignore list. This will hide all their posts and private messages.

It is highly recommended you upload an avatar image and profile picture as soon as possible. Avatar images are shown next to every post you make and help other users identify you. It would be a good idea to upload one now!

If you need any help with the site or have any questions, please visit the getDare.com Forum located at the bottom of the main forums page. There you can read guides on how to use common site features and have your questions answered.

Tired of getting messages from getDare? Check out the account options page! There you can customize all your notification and account settings.

All the best,
getDare
Thank you, Depp! I know everyone really appreciates you taking the time to do this.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #35
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Thank you depp!!

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #36
NotRemember1

I think that would be a great idea. It could be a short message they have to read before posting in any forum. I really like that. It would really protect a lot of people. I support!