Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 01-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #16
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

@ james - thread starters can kind of do this, they just have to pm a mod and ask them to close the thread.

@ Officelover - it depends. Usually if you just bump one thread, you'll recieve a PM or a warning, but if you do it over and over again, or do it even though you've been asked not to, then you'll receive an infraction.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #17
monkeysrock
getDare Sweetheart

Default Pictures

The rules on pictures confuses me slightly.

I prefer to only share pics when I have a freindship or sub/dom relationship but do the new rules say you can put pictures - as long as PG Rating - but you can't say you do pictures/webcam and you can't ask..!?

On a similar trend I used to belong to a forum that had poor policing, THANK GOD for such a good team here, but one good idea they had was to put a camera logo in signatures/avatars. That way if there is no logo they will not do pics - hence no harrassment.

http://www.humansexmap.com/showmap.p...f6ea2.75805559
monkeysrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 AM   #18
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysrock View Post

I prefer to only share pics when I have a freindship or sub/dom relationship but do the new rules say you can put pictures - as long as PG Rating - but you can't say you do pictures/webcam and you can't ask..!?
I think you can request any picture via PMs.. But you can post, offer, or request PG rated content publicly. (At least that's how I swallowed it.)

Quote:
On a similar trend I used to belong to a forum that had poor policing, THANK GOD for such a good team here, but one good idea they had was to put a camera logo in signatures/avatars. That way if there is no logo they will not do pics - hence no harrassment.
Maybe it's the heat tonight, but I don't see the point of having a camera logo?

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
coolio5

please clarify:

does a reply to an old dare saying that you did it and how it went count as bumping?

Limits: permanent, illegal, family, poo, anal, extreme pain

PM me with any good dares

HIGH QUALITY READING MATERIAL:

FINISHED "Strip Basketball"!!!!
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=11996
(3rd place in the 2008 Storyteller's Choice Awards!!!)

IN PROGRESS "That crazy school trip..."
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...904#post182904
coolio5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #20
Big_Joe
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to Big_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio5 View Post
please clarify:

does a reply to an old dare saying that you did it and how it went count as bumping?
I would personally say it would depend upon the quality of the reply. For example, if you just said "I did this dare, it was embarrasing and messy", then yes, that would be bumping, if you wrote a detailed description of you doing the dare and also what you thought was good/bad about it then no.

However i think if a thread is really really old, you probably shouldn't bother replying to it. Even if its a really good reply, the chances are that people aren't interested in knowing about a year old post.

At the end of the day, it will be the staffs decision based on its quality and usefulness.
Big_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #21
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysrock View Post
The rules on pictures confuses me slightly.

The pictures rule is this: No offering/requesting in posts. As LilAngel said private messaging is the way to go for such. About posting them all we ask is for users to bear in mind that the site is 13+ so obviously no nudity & p0rn is allowed or anything offensive (violence, etc.) About the cam logo thingy... hmm I'm not sure that is really necessary. We have users who mentioned about it in posts and sigs about it before like for ex. 'have webcam' and it never caused any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio5 View Post
please clarify:

This is a "good bump" In other words: you won't get any trouble for it

Personally I've always been relatively lax about bumping. Most times only asking users to pay attention to posts' dates is what I do because it happens mostly with new users who are not yet acquainted with the site. Further actions is done when it gets repetitive even after the user has been asked to be more cautious about it or if I wake up and see someone has bumped old threads like 70 times (Yes, someone has done this once!)
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote