Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

Default New getDare Rules Questions and Comments Thread

Please post any questions and comments you may have about the new getDare rules here, and a member of staff will reply promptly.

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
Coyote
getDare Addict

I noticed that it stated that you could get an infraction. I thought we all agree on the term inflection.
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
LilAngel
getDare Addict

First of all, thanks for clogging up the Unread Posts.

Second of all, yay!!! Finally rules that I can understand.

Don't. Get. Mad.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

The way I see it it's not really against the rules as your not really advertising, However, and it's just my personal opinion, I find it a bit of a waste. If you remember I used to reply and help with users with short threads and I got tired of it. My feeling about it now is that many of those ads are thrown in the s/m area just for the heck of it and are not really serious. So I don't bother with it anymore. Now I prefer letting bad posts die from natural causes

However, I'm aware that there's a portion of new users who are just new to this and don't know where to start when it comes to writing their ad. And I have a couple of ideas that will hopefully be helpful to those who are new to Master/slave with both their postings in the area and also in general

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 12-31-2008 at 08:37 AM.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
SAMaster

Default Banned

Hi. I am new here. In the last few days that I have frequented this site, it has come to my attention that quite a few people got banned.

I don't know what they did, but I would just like to know that if one did something against the rules, and you get banned or "suspended", do you receive an email or something, so that at least you know what you did.

Lastly I like the fact that this site is properly supervised, I have seen too many forum's go haywire because there was no control..

Keep up the good work.

Everything else is prob a soft limit, which I like to see how far I am willing to go...
SAMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Yes you do get a message saying why you got banned ... and if you want to know why people got banned take a look here... Why was this user banned?
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

There has been a request to define the 'nitpicking' rule.

If your reply to a post or thread is to pull out small quotes and tear them to shreds, ignoring the point of the post entirely - this is nitpicking.

If your reply to a post or thread is wholly comprised of "what is the point of this thread?" - this is nitpicking.

If you generally ignore the main point of a thread to question the usefulness of a thread - this is nitpicking.

If you aren't sure, ask a staff member.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:43 PM   #8
jlstockton25
getDare Devil

Thanks Hampers for the clarification..I forgot about this thread or I wouldn't have asked via PM

Besides additions about nitpicking and backseat modding, what changes were made to the rules??

. . . darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
jlstockton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #9
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

Well, the old rules are still up, temporarily, alongside the new ones. I'm sure you could play spot the difference yourself.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:50 PM   #10
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstockton25 View Post
Thanks Hampers for the clarification..I forgot about this thread or I wouldn't have asked via PM

Besides additions about nitpicking and backseat modding, what changes were made to the rules??
Most of the other rules were already in effect but we felt we should clarify them. For example bumping: Many asks before what kind of bumping was fine and which was not. Same about the pictures rules. They have not changed but we just made them clearer for all
Old 12-31-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
jlstockton25
getDare Devil

Thanks Chloe, that's what I was wondering..it seemed like not too much changed and I didn't want to miss anything that would get me an infraction.

Great job on making things clearer, it's much appreciated!!

. . . darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
jlstockton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Question

What happens if we say "Wow, good dare" to a new thread?

What is the cut-off date to make something an old thread?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

All we ask is that if anyone wants to post on an older thread is to add some meaningful and contributive comment. Posting on a Dare thread to say you did it and how it went or post an alternative to it for example is perfectly fine. Posting "Wow good dare" is not really of interest to other posters. When it happens sometimes we have to lock older threads because of it and this something we prefer not to do as we like to keep these open with the exception of the main s/m area where there's an automatic lock there after 2 months. What would happen would most likely be a reminder and us asking users to pay more attention to dates... So to me an old thread would be about 2-3 months +.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
Smile
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
All we ask is that if anyone wants to post on an older thread is to add some meaningful and contributive comment. Posting on a Dare thread to say you did it and how it went or post an alternative to it for example is perfectly fine. Posting "Wow good dare" is not really of interest to other posters. When it happens sometimes we have to lock older threads because of it and this something we prefer not to do as we like to keep these open with the exception of the main s/m area where there's an automatic lock there after 2 months. What would happen would most likely be a reminder and us asking users to pay more attention to dates... So to me an old thread would be about 2-3 months +.
Does this still apply if its an increddibly popular thread and is helpful to many users on Getdare and for some unknown reason has died?

and also i no this isnt really the place for suggestions i just think this would be a very useful feture of this site, there might be a reason for you not doing this already or it has been done and didnt work, but, i think that the origional writer of a thread should be able to close a thread as well as just the mods so then they can close the thread if its not valid, for example advertising to be a slave, if they find a master then they dont need to keep the post open for ages and have millions of replys spamming up the unread posts, just a suggestion

Note: If I use "" it is meant to be as a dazed daydream look, not an insult.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #15
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Question

What happens if you bump a thread? Do you recieve an infraction, do you go on probation, etc...?