Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #136
Tordalk

Send a message via MSN to Tordalk Send a message via Yahoo to Tordalk
Default Let the music play

Where are all the others? come on people!

For this week I decided to take a photo of my violin.
I thought about music and what it means to me. So I came to the conclusion that music is something harmonic and – that’s the basic point – music is movement, there’s nothing static!

And that’s the point of my photo: To show the movement of the music and also its harmony.
But because pictures are static there is a little discrepancy that has to be solved.

For the movement I planned to play the violin, what means to play with the bow on the strings and to vary the fingering. But to make these movements visible I had to use an exposition of one second. So you see the movement of the bow and of my fingers and the flow of the music, the dance of the bow and the touching.
The violin stays in focus, I thought that is important. And I had to take the photo in a more or less dark room, with only this light spotted on my scenery because with more lights and an exposition of one second the photo would have become overexposed. But only with this light it worked and the light is also important for the shadow play and a warm harmonic atmosphere.

First I thought about taking the photo in black and white, because that underlines the concinnity of music. BUT then I realized that the photo would get a cold atmosphere in black and white. And music isn’t cold – it’s warm. That’s why I took it in color. Actually the violin has very warm colors and the light I spotted on the scenery enforces this effect.

So all in all there’s cosiness and harmony in music as well as in my photo I hope, amongst others evoked by the movement which is also an important attribute to music for me and what I tried to express in my photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Violin_touch.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	2075  

27/m likes:
nipple clamps, piss play, deepthroats, outdoors, nudity, pain, bondage, slight public, masturbation, edge, tease&denial, gags, anal, thongs

sometimes:
humiliation, wax, ball bondage + weights

limits:
ball pain by beating/squeezing, needles, wedgies, poo, shaving, family/neighbours, long lasting, showing face

You're allways allowed to pm me if you want to know something or dare me ;-)

Last edited by Tordalk; 03-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Tordalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #137
alex_carter
getDare Devil

How much longer do we have, and does anyone have any suggestions on how to do lighting? I don't have special lights, I just have the regular overhead lights, and lamps in my house.

LIKES, DISLIKES, LIMITS
Toys
Rules for Calendar posting
Tasks Calendar

Lovense App Name: Alex_Carter
add me if you're interested in being friends

Misterpoll Profile You can vote to punish me for my past bad behavior.

alex_carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #138
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_carter View Post
How much longer do we have, and does anyone have any suggestions on how to do lighting? I don't have special lights, I just have the regular overhead lights, and lamps in my house.
Competition closes tonight.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #139
andom4444
Moderator & Nice Guy

Some great photos here

Hidden Public, Semi-Public, Exhibitionism, Nudity, Voyeurism, Toys, Light to Medium Pain (Pegs etc)
Limits:
Friends, Family, Scat, Beastiality, Hair, Findom, Work, Blood, Scat, Vomit

andom4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #140
BeautifullyBroken

Send a message via Yahoo to BeautifullyBroken
Heart My Second Love. My acoustic guitar.

So I picked my guitar, because I love the acoustic sound it makes. How it turns any type of song into a calm, soothing sound. I also love it because I can take it everywhere I go. I was going to take the pictures at the beach, because that is where I really love to play.. but I couldn't make it there this past week.

These flowers I think slightly represent the beach. Just the bright colors, (pink also being my favorite color.) and the type of flower it is, I thought it kinda represented the beach.

Also, the pictures being in a collage type, slightly represented how mobile it is and how I can take it everywhere with me with the different locations in a few of the pictures. The different pictures also focuses on the parts of the guitar, really showing every angle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Finished product.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	2077  

I could spend the rest of my life in this sweet surrender..

Ask me Anything!
BeautifullyBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #141
Star Shadows
Prodigy

week 6 is over
this weeks winner is …

Sharp Nacelle
second prize goes to...
Tordalk

thanks to everything and the results are here >LINK<
over all winner is tordalks so far.

this weeks winning photo

Welcome to week 7
congratulation for continuing this far.
The title this week is
I have seen the light

Lighting is one of the most important aspects of photography, after all if we didnt have light all we would ever have is a back screen. So this time; take a photo to pay tribute to the light

Things to consider in your shot:
Colour & Composition
Originality
Lighting duh

Again a reminder of the point scoring....
2 points for posting an image
2 points for an explanation of why you took it.
5 runners up
10 winner.

Rules:
1. Under NO circumstances, no if’s, no but’s no aww but pleases, No inappropriate photographs, all photographs MUST be PG13.
2. All photos must be placed in this thread to be considered.
3. You have 1 week to submit your photograph for each title, after this time your entrance wont be counted but may still be charged.
4. Still no inappropriate content.
5. My word is final, you don’t like how i chose then tough.
6. Photos all should be your own work taken on a camera. Using a search engine to find one kinda defeats the point a little. However they may be edited.
7. All photos must be recent. Taken within a month of weeks entry

The closing time for this entry is Tuesday 22th March at 11pm GMT. (UK time) at which point I will post the next weeks challenge. The winner will be announced then

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #142
Digital

Location: Somewhere between the top and the bottom of the planet

Hey

I'm new here but is it alright if I have a blast?
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #143
alex_carter
getDare Devil

I guess I'm too late, but I'm still going to upload my week 6 photos, that is, if I can figure out how. I've been trying to for a bit now.

It won't let me upload photos. It keeps saying upload failed.

LIKES, DISLIKES, LIMITS
Toys
Tasks Calendar

Last edited by alex_carter; 03-15-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #144
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
I guess I'm too late, but I'm still going to upload my week 6 photos, that is, if I can figure out how. I've been trying to for a bit now.

It won't let me upload photos. It keeps saying upload failed.
The easiest way of doing it is by attatching the file to the thread. To do this click the small a paperclip icon on the top row of the formatting box you write your thread on. (Between the smiley face and the undo icons. Then upload your photo to there and wait until the file is uploaded. Then simply post your thread.[

And as for digital. Yes you are still ok to joing. Probably will only be a few weeks before we come to a break but feel free to join anyway.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 03-16-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #145
alex_carter
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
The easiest way of doing it is by attatching the file to the thread. To do this click the small a paperclip icon on the top row of the formatting box you write your thread on. (Between the smiley face and the undo icons. Then upload your photo to there and wait until the file is uploaded. Then simply post your thread.
I tried that but it wouldn't let me upload the pictures. I can't figure out why. Some of them were pretty good I thought too.

LIKES, DISLIKES, LIMITS
Toys
Tasks Calendar

Old 03-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #146
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
I tried that but it wouldn't let me upload the pictures. I can't figure out why. Some of them were pretty good I thought too.
Could always make a deviant art account (www.deviantart.com) and upload them to here using the [ URL]s.i te [/URL] (globe and a link) function to atatch it to here.

Informative threads:

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 03-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #147
alex_carter
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post

Could always make a deviant art account (www.deviantart.com) and upload them to here using the [ URL]s.i te [/URL] (globe and a link) function to atatch it to here.
OK, I'll try that.

LIKES, DISLIKES, LIMITS
Toys
Tasks Calendar

Old 03-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #148
SDSlave

Thought I would post a photo
This is a photo of the binary star system Sirius which is the brightest star in the night sky. I took it one morning when I went out the watch the International Space Station go over New York city. What looks like a single star is actually two. Consisting of a white main sequence star and a faint white dwarf. You can sort of see this as the blue hue behind the red. You can also see millions of stars around it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sort 005 - Copy.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	2079  
SDSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #149
Digital

Location: Somewhere between the top and the bottom of the planet

Well here it is, my tribute to light (or so you put, Star_Shaddows):

The only explaination I could possibly give as of to why I took this photograph, would be because what's a better way to photograph light than to paint with it? As for the subject.. Well, it wasn't as easy as it looked, I used a green laser and a drawing on my door, after spending half an hour making my room into a dark room, only to finally notice the glow in the dark stars my mum put up when I was 9 haha.

It only took me about 50 attempts, a remote with a hold button, the bulb setting and my camera VERY preceriously perched..

I also got some other cool painting with light photos, but I think one's enough..
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #150
DaVance
Distinguished Member

Smile

I have seen the light, but I found peace in the dark.

My photo is a stream culvert that goes underneath the Ohio Turnpike (I-80). I guess the underground length to be about 300 ft/92 meters. My entry is the photo on the left (titled light-3991). I had taken about three dozen photos since I experimented with zoom and from various locations in the pipe. The only lighting was what came in the pipe entrance (Really, just from one end as there is a curve at the outlet.) and the camera flash. No other editing except getDare's upload editing which reduces the resolution. While walking you could not see where you were stepping.

The temperature is very low inside. Yesterday was about 60 degrees F (15 C) outside but in the middle of the pipe you could see your breath. I didn’t realize it at the time but I caught my breath in the one extra photo. I have been there on a 95F/35C summer day and the temp inside was about 65F/18C degrees.

Color – There is enough color for me. I tend to get overwhelmed when continually subjected to cheer and color.

Why I entered this photo? Rather than just being bright, colorful, and pretty, shouldn’t a photo carry a message or perspective? Although I am quite aware few people get my message.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Light 3991_IMG.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Air 4003_IMG.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	2089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bend 4001_IMG.jpg
Views:	78