Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
dmoney
getDare Devil

Default A section for 18+ meetups

Since the site is now 18+, with the exception of a few 18- users who are grandfathered in, I saw this thread and thought it would make for a great section on here or KinkTalk...

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=86909

Is it possible to implement a "hookup" section for people wanting to meet each other for TorD things in their area? Obvoiusly, the appropriate warnings would need to be placed in a header to do this at your own risk, etc. I don't see how it would be much different than a local tech geek meetup or social dating site. It would be like Craigslist for people looking to do TorD stuff.

Threads could start off with headers like in the Slave/Master section...

24/M/Miami area wants TorD with 21/F/Miami area.

Anyone else care to give their 2 cents on this?

Last edited by dmoney; 09-08-2011 at 11:56 AM.
dmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
loke
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney View Post
Since the site is now 18+, with the exception of a few 18- users who are grandfathered in, I saw this thread and thought it would make for a great section on here or KinkTalk...

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=86909

Is it possible to implement a "hookup" section for people wanting to meet each other for TorD things in their area? Obvoiusly, the appropriate warnings would need to be placed in a header to do this at your own risk, etc. I don't see how it would be much different than a local tech geek meetup or social dating site. It would be like Craigslist for people looking to do TorD stuff.

Threads could start off with headers like in the Slave/Master section...

24/M/Miami area wants TorD with 21/F/Miami area.

Anyone else care to give their 2 cents on this?
Actually, they were not "grandfathered" in, they were allowed to stay. Any new people who are 18- are not allowed to have an account on here till they are 18.

And this idea could be good but idk because of the under 18s. Might be tough to moderate and some people lie about their age.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.
loke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
dmoney
getDare Devil

Loke... that's what grandfathered means... LOL!

tr.v. grand·fa·thered, grand·fa·ther·ing, grand·fa·thers
To exempt (one involved in an activity or business) from new regulations: The new ordinance restricts the size of billboards, but it grandfathers those erected before 1997.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[V., from grandfather clause.]
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Maggy

It's a good idea, at first. But when you bring in the meet-up aspect this tends to attract alot of people that come solely for meeting people. Dangers are one aspect, but it also means that most of the people on the site would no longer be here for dares. They'd just be dulling down the forums with their requests for hooking up with people and filling up your pm's with proposals of nights out. =/

It'd just be a shame, that's all.
Limits: I guess it depends on my mood. ._.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sowisa~
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
dmoney
getDare Devil

Maggy...

I see your point, but it just doesn't happen with meetups on other forums/boards or even for meetups arranged via Twitter or FB. I do see your point, and have considered it. I just believe that it would only bring more people here as things expand. Think of this as a launching pad. People will return to make more connections like a LinkedIn. If it didn't work, why do social dating sites rake in huge dollars every year?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Maggy

Oh, don't get me wrong. I believe it'd work and alot of people would be attracted to the site for this idea. The thing is, things like twitter, facebook, and even kinktalk are big sites. The idea behind them and the sheer complexity of the "map" makes it possible to avoid this type of person. But GD doesn't share this size and it's community, though strong and warm, is quite small. It's just a feeling, but I do think it'd just do to GD what cybering did to chatango, or what the "meet-up" concept did to the Bite Mark forums, and we all know how that one ended. It'd be good to attract new members, but the number of those new members that start thinking of gd as a way of hooking up with people... To me it'd just feel like ignoring the mistakes of previous forums. I don't mean to trample all over your idea, if there was a way of avoiding things like that, I think it'd be a great idea... But if you ever played nostale, you'll understand why the sudden income of a new type of user would worry me.

I'm sorry if I seem ignorant atall. I really don't mean to.
Limits: I guess it depends on my mood. ._.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sowisa~
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
depp
SysOp

Feel free to start a thread in the lounge. In the long term, this sort of functionality will be rolled into Kink Talk.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #8
dmoney
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
Feel free to start a thread in the lounge. In the long term, this sort of functionality will be rolled into Kink Talk.
Is there an way this could be moved over to the lounge by you or a mod? At least we can keep the prior commentary together that way. KinkTalk could use this to give it a shot in the arm. Things are moving over there, but not at a record-setting pace. I think most of that was due to the 18+ regulations enacted here. Of course, there's still the grandfathered sub-18s... something KT has never had.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #9
skyrin
Baby Member

Default just maybe

its a good idea providing people can keep to the spirit that gd aims to up-hold, a.k.a meeting for dares and kicks not a dating hub. but its how the site would go about mediating the concept is the real problem and the maintenance issues that will come with an expanding community gradual or rapid. considering the nature of the site, gd would also have to implement stricter forms of monitoring to protect users and to protect the integrity of the interests of site. once again it's a good idea that's worth working towards as it would be building on the community aspect of the site, but ultimately needs to be heavily assessed and evaluated for it to be a successful move for this site bares an awesome unique community that's worth keeping
skyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
Ice20
Account Banned

If you look at the majority of slave master threads, theres a majority of males, and few females, if you put those that are prepared to go on webcam I would predict there would be even more males to females ratio so for this, it would just be another round of males wanting to meet up with females who didnt!

My prediction anyway
Ice20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hookups, meetups, social network, socializing, tord