Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 05:04 AM   #16
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

Hmmmmm. Once again we find someone who seems not to know the difference between a submissive and a slave.

a submissive get a say in their submission- or at least they should. A good dominant will work with the submissive and help them navigate their course.

A slave doesn't have that right. Either the Master considers her needs or he doesn't, but that's something that should have been discussed BEFORE the submissive chose to become a slave. If you don't like the idea of that, don't be a slave. It's that simple. The whole point of slavery is that rights are revoked and violated.

As for ego, I disagree entirely. Ego is a very important portion of the human psyche, both in submissive and dominant. It is a part that informs our self awareness, our confidence and so many other positive attributes. An unchannelled or misplaced ego is a dangerous thing, true enough, but to say ego is bad is the same as saying lungs are bad because they can get cancer.

Mike
Old 05-30-2010, 05:22 AM   #17
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionRoom101 View Post
As for ego, I disagree entirely. Ego is a very important portion of the human psyche, both in submissive and dominant. It is a part that informs our self awareness, our confidence and so many other positive attributes. An unchannelled or misplaced ego is a dangerous thing, true enough, but to say ego is bad is the same as saying lungs are bad because they can get cancer.
Very well said. I wanted to mention something about ego not necessarily being a bad thing, but could never have worded it so well.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #18
Night-1991
Account Banned

Well you two seem to be ganging up on me so i've got nothing to say.

Can a Mod lock this to stop anymore flame baiting towards me. Oh and i do know about BDSM, no one needs to have an A Level to be able to take part you know.

Last edited by Night-1991; 05-30-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #19
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelen
Proclaiming yourself guru is like proclaiming yourself Master. It shows you have a lot to learn, young padawan - even though you may be on the right track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Post
I put this up to give all "wannabies" a shock. There's no need to bash me like you did just there.

Reason why i've been away from the lifestyle for a while was because of things like this, i wasn't sure of myself or if i even know much to be granted a pass into the lifestyle.
Sorry, was that perceived as a bash? I thought i made clear that i ment no offence in my post. I'm stating opinion here - had i wanted to bash you i would've outright ridiculed your post. I have not.

I just get a wee bit antsy when people proclaim themselves 'guru' or 'Master' - because i, personally, feel that the Master does not need to state their skill; they let their actions, knowledge and skill speak for them.

Wether or not put in to shock the wannabes or not, if my experiences have taught me anything it's rather a large faux-pas to proclaim yourself as more skilled than someone else, in our little world - because WIITWD, we do each in our own way; there is no such thing as a guru or Master Dominant - or submissive, for that matter.

I am who i am, they are who they are, and you are who you are. And while wannabes ever continue to crack me up, i'm not going to belittle them for their inexperience; the unknowledgeable can learn, and if they don't - the D/s community tends to be a self-policing one that over time austricises the bad seeds when they are recognised for being bad seeds.

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Old 05-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #20
Night-1991
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjelen View Post
Sorry, was that perceived as a bash? I thought i made clear that i ment no offence in my post. I'm stating opinion here - had i wanted to bash you i would've outright ridiculed your post. I have not.

I just get a wee bit antsy when people proclaim themselves 'guru' or 'Master' - because i, personally, feel that the Master does not need to state their skill; they let their actions, knowledge and skill speak for them.

Wether or not put in to shock the wannabes or not, if my experiences have taught me anything it's rather a large faux-pas to proclaim yourself as more skilled than someone else, in our little world - because WIITWD, we do each in our own way; there is no such thing as a guru or Master Dominant - or submissive, for that matter.

I am who i am, they are who they are, and you are who you are. And while wannabes ever continue to crack me up, i'm not going to belittle them for their inexperience; the unknowledgeable can learn, and if they don't - the D/s community tends to be a self-policing one that over time austricises the bad seeds when they are recognised for being bad seeds.
I've since changed my name to "Getdares submissive in training". I knew that Guru was a bad name to start with.

Lets just draw a line under this right?. Arguing isn't going to really make this thread go anywhere.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #21
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-1991 View Post
Can a Mod lock this to stop anymore flame baiting towards me.
People not agreeing with you isn't flame baiting, it may simply mean you were wrong. Such things are possible.

It should be locked though.
Lock.
Lock.
Lock.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinfairy View Post
It should be locked though.
Lock.
Lock.
Lock.
Just because some people disagree is usually not a reason to lock a thread. I will however since Night requested it. We normally prefer keeping threads for discussions open. When users post something they should be aware that there might be some people who won't see things the same way, really...

Too bad though because I was gonna lecture Mike about his difference between a sub and a slave lol Oh well, I'll catch ya some other time

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 05-30-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk