Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysmaster View Post
In

I have heard in offsite discussions is why are mods some mods U18 and converse about s/M have access to all the areas of the site that are 18+ doesn't that seem a little incorrect. I mean I see that side and the obvious, those mods earned that positions, they are not breaking those rules, but at the same time, "U18s should not be exposed to those such things." I had a partial point to this but no point in pointing fingers and such.

This makes no sense at technically ALL AGES can READ over 18 material. People DO NOT even require to be a member to read. eg) A 7 year old COULD read about S/M if they wished, However ONLY users over the age of 18 with an Account at present can comment.

PS: When was the last time you saw an UNDER 18 moderator Posting a Comment on a SM Thread etc.

Quote:

Another thought I had while having a discussion with a freind is that U18s should not be allowed to participate but be able to gain knowledge on it, ask questions and learn so when the are 18 they don't fly blindly into something bad. Like the parents that don't talk about sex and now have a prego 16 year old with aids.(I hope that hasn't happened...)
Therefore the above is already optional

Quote:

The colored icon makes perfect sense, but it isn't going to stop the person. Personally I think make it a 2 week ban, you mess up again, bye bye. Of course there would be a few exceptions to this and investigating, on who propositioned and if the U18 continued with it at all.
Agree that it probably won't stop people, however they will then have no excuse about not realising the users age

Also the method in which bans are carried out is very fair and strict. It is probably not like a lot of people believe, and was pleasently shocked by the method of fairness etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjota View Post

For people who get a temporary ban, in order for them to come back onto getDare after their time expires, they should be made to read an entire list of rules, then, quizzed on them. If they fail, well, then their ban is extended, and they can try again another time, if they fail 3 times, it should be a perma-ban, because obviously they aren't reading the rules.

Just my 2 cents!
I liked this idea at first, but can see some complications

eg) When somone doesnt pass the exam (so to speak) they instantly go and make a seperate account, and try again when next possible.

Therefore i can't see this hapening, however i AGREE that there are a lot of people who have never read the rules and plenty that couldn't even find them if asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjessie View Post
REMINDER!
another suggestion i have is for chat. as the moderators have a green picture next to there name on the right hand side list of the chat page, i was wondering if member under 18 could have a different colour just as a pre-warning to people that this user is not 18 and they should not ask this user for s/m.
Finishing on a positive - I like this idea, may have to re-design slightly (if somone is away etc)

But in chat it could work in the box you open to whisper to the user etc Therefore always there, even if marked as away. Probably not do the coloured dot, as this may effect the way some people chat to someone, and may get complicated etc.

JUST MY PERSONAL VIEWS AT ALMOST MIDNIGHT

Appologies late - may be poorly written

Love Rachie
x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
master, s/m, slave, suggestions, underage