Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Fantastic PM dares and how to SURVIVE them

Posted 12-19-2016 at 09:06 AM by CSasha
Tags dares, pm dares

Hi folks,

As I explained here, I love PM dares. So you have set up your list of PM dares and managed to get PM dared a lot. In fact, because you followed my advice and even applied some other experience and hints, you are now overwhelmed by it. OMG, how are you going to do all these and provide feedback. Your time has gotten sparse, your body parts sore, or maybe you even start to get sick of it. Not to mention all the reports you still need to write to keep it up. Possibly you start to regret all that you have asked and longed for in the excitement of your horniness and submission. Or you are not there yet, but you already see it coming.

No worry, there are solutions for that, too. First of all: Relax. What is the worst that can happen? You disappoint someone, maybe most of all yourself. And then you get over it. Doomsday has been seen and proclaimed billions of times already but we are still here. It's all half as severe and grave as it seems.

Nobody will be disappointed when you overestimated yourself or underestimated a task, or if life interferes with your passion and commitments. Real life trumps kink. Easy as that. To hell with anybody who hadn't got this and starts any blaim against you. BUT: communicate. Just open your mouth and honestly admit it's over your edge. We all have been in that situation much more often than we would have liked to be.

First of all, most PM dares don't state anything about when or how much time you have to do them in. So, take a breath, and schedule them whenever you may get the space and time for them. Put your pending PM dares in a list, so people can see they are still on track and not forgotten, and can also see your workload and with the completed dares how much you get currently done. Transparency is a real communication support. When you delay by a whole week or more, tell your darers that and why you need more time. In your PM dare list, offer them to poke you and ask when you don't reply for a week. Never pressure yourself.

If you wrote PM dares with statements like "as soon as", and still didn't do it this way, try to involve security conditions like "as soon as I am able to within my limits". Add a "If I don't, then" statement, so you have a simple consequence when you don't do it right away. Or change those PM dares at all. We learn from experience, so once you discover a flaw, accept it so you can fix it.

If you notice something is off limits, or doesn't turn out the way you expected, and now overwhelms it, just stop. Don't do it if you can't. Don't blaim yourself. It isn't any help. Accept the difference between your ideals and your real self and get along with it. Adjust your PM dares, your Likes, Dislikes and Limits, as well as your expectations. We are all supposed to learn and change.

Write a disclaimer for your PM dares if you like, for example:
"I reserve my right to reject any PM dares just for the case of abuse, exploit or real life conflicts." or simply "I reserve my right to make a mistake and correct it."
Even if you don't have it written down, take your PM dares that way. You'll end up doing them much more than without. Lure yourself into doing your PM dares. It works much better than trying to force you. Clap yourself on the shoulder for completing them. Accept compliments.

One thing though: don't ignore PM dares or through them away just because you don't like them or because you have gotten too many. Talk! Keep them in a list, and then contact the darer (or at least try to) and figure things out. Give the true reason why you won't do it this exact way or at all. Make a counterproposal. Listen to counterproposals from the darer. Only accept once you are comfortable with the solution.
Views 3254 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Ok,...
    You betrayed yourself.
    Now we know your profession.
    Either a manager or a personal coach.

I may not have pm-dares, it's funny to see how you are turning this into a smooth running business. Beware!!!!! Business-stuff is strictly forbidden on gd!!! You may got banned!!!!
  2. Old Comment
    Hahaha, thanks Sir Stefan.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I am neither of both.

And, just in case you like to give PM dares, I have also proposals for (PM) dare givers.
  3. Old Comment
    Never done PM dares, but if I were to start ever.. Your blog is a wonderful read that shows a lot of the pros and cons. I do like the idea of the pending dare list. Thank you for sharing this.
  4. Old Comment
    Great advice blog again Cass. I just put up a pm dare log myself as this really is a good idea and also good for myself to keep track!
  5. Old Comment
    Thank your for the compliments.

@starbaby13: If you are hesitant to offer PM dares, maybe you rather like to start with PM dares for darers, so you are dared to dare others and don't have to do anything humiliating yourself. I made a list of proposals for that.
  6. Old Comment
    Have to admit this is something I need to work on, always mean to report back at least the basics, but tend to forget, especially if I have a sudden rush of dares. I need to find a better way to sort my PM's lol