Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Update: Add thread free for all

Posted 08-02-2020 at 10:22 AM by CSasha
Updated 08-22-2021 at 12:28 PM by CSasha

Sometimes you can see someone posting an add thread, for example: Add spanks, I spank myself 10 times for every post until one week from now.

The more the merrier, I thought, so you can always join the Add thread free for all.

Basic rules

Just post if you want to add tasks to other people.

You may always double post, but not more. If you posted twice in a row, wait until someone else posted or one hour has passed.

You may DOUBLE a specific user with a running promise once per post. Name that targeted user,
for example DOUBLE Cass

Check previous posts for additional keywords and rules you may use and exploit, if you like.
Please write the keywords CAPITAL and BOLD so they are easy to spot and count. Follow the rules stated with the keywords in their promise.

Some keywords may require stated conditions to be met. Please respect that.

There's this promise overview which might be kept up to date and used to post the current promises and keywords whenever you like.

Promises

Feeling like you want to do some tasks with others to decide how much? Then post this template with your task and numbers exchanged for X, Y, and Z:

I PROMISE to do X for every Y posts/every post within the next Z hours/days. My own posts do/don't count.

I recommend starting with a simple task and only few hours. You can always go for more later.

If you don't specify how long your promise runs, then it runs for 24 hours.

Complete and report your last promise. Better don't start another promise until you did. Why giving you more to do if you haven't shown commitment to complete your last promise?

With every promise completion, you are taken more serious and trusted with completing the promise you are committing to, even if it gets bigger. And that's what lets people give you their attention and 'love', hence adding to you.

Extension

I recommend NOT to deliberately extend any promise after posting it. Let the users decide how much you get to do, even if it's just a little or none. You can always go up with the amounts, keywords and promise duration the next time. It's especially easy and soon if you got few tasks to do.

If you want to let others decide to extend your promise, you can use rules or keywords,
for example My promise time extends by 12 hours for every unique user posting.
or Every EXTEND extends my promise time by 1 hour up to 3 days.
You promise shouldn't be possible to be extended endlessly.

Keywords and rules

Without you mentioning it, any user can use the keyword DOUBLE with your name to make their post count twice towards your promise (and still once towards every other promise).

You may any number of keywords and rules concerning them, including DOUBLE. You may also offer stretch goals. Whatever comes to your mind. Just remember to rather slowly try things and gain experiences how they run, are received, and how well you can complete them. If you start small and smart, there's always a next time.

Remember to stay safe, sane, and have fun. Sometimes real life, health, or tediousness comes in the way. Post and explain if you cannot complete a problem. No problem at all. Just take your promises serious and others will take you serious.

Community service

There's this promise overview which might be kept up to date and used to post the current promises and keywords whenever you like.

The thread is what we make of it. Link, advertise, and invite new users if you like to see more action in the thread.
Posted in Games, TORD Online
Views 2589 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    The link doesn't work. Can you fix it?

So, if I understand correct I can add to others without having to do anything myself? As long as I don't promise anything?
  2. Old Comment
    Sorry, link fixed. Thanks for noticing and telling me.

Yes, you can always add without any risk. As long as you don't promise. And, as a bonus benefit, every post adds to every running promise (most often at least).