Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

I think for some, on either side, the thrill is in the chase. Once that is over the horror of responsibility looms and some find they can’t sustain it. When it works it works, but it’s a rarity.
  2. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

Hi! Again a very well written blog, first of all compliments for that and being able to get this down on 'paper' so properly.

I have as a dom also struggled with the same on a number of occasions, but also have succesfully had a number of long term Dom/Sub relationships - each lasting much longer than a year.

It's a unique dimension that you need to create together, but also keep investing in. Communication in this is absolutely key. If it works, it's magical!

I do hope that you find what you're looking for! You deserve it! Don't give up :-)
  3. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    Butt plug stew, hmmm ... I wonder how that tastes. Maybe jaro can execute one day when he has enough used and abandoned butt plugs to make a stew out of it. Without any glass or metal obviously.

Anyway, I hear you. Now I know that from all I have read you are an excellent Dom(me?), Butterfly. You take your breaks whenever you need them, you communicate very well, and you care a great deal about your subs. I wish you would find someone like you in that regard.

Have you tried limiting the rules time and dom relationship right from the start? Like a week for starters, with a follow-up talk, retrospective, and definitely a little break to breath and recover. It might help potential dom candidates to reconsider and take off some pressure. You are so wonderful, Butterfly, I doubt there are many masters potentially holding up to your own level.

But I don't know. I haven't lived up to any long-lasting kinky relationship so far, neither as a sub nor on the other side.

I still wish you the best on your journey. Don't give up. You are absolutely right that the search and future result is worth the trouble.
    Thank you for the kind words. I always ask to only start with 3 rules max and it is within days of rules that things seem to fail. We don't even make it a week!
  4. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

Butt plug stew, hmmm ... I wonder how that tastes. Maybe jaro can execute one day when he has enough used and abandoned butt plugs to make a stew out of it. Without any glass or metal obviously.

Anyway, I hear you. Now I know that from all I have read you are an excellent Dom(me?), Butterfly. You take your breaks whenever you need them, you communicate very well, and you care a great deal about your subs. I wish you would find someone like you in that regard.

Have you tried limiting the rules time and dom relationship right from the start? Like a week for starters, with a follow-up talk, retrospective, and definitely a little break to breath and recover. It might help potential dom candidates to reconsider and take off some pressure. You are so wonderful, Butterfly, I doubt there are many masters potentially holding up to your own level.

But I don't know. I haven't lived up to any long-lasting kinky relationship so far, neither as a sub nor on the other side.

I still wish you the best on your journey. Don't give up. You are absolutely right that the search and future result is worth the trouble.
  5. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    You are not cursed Miss. You just have bad luck, and the current corona times aren't exactly helping anyone right now. Indeed you should not give up. Never give up, as there is always hope.

I hope you will find someone good because you definitely deserve it. We have been friends for 3 years now and I don't befriend people easily. You are the bestest and the sweetest and you deserve only the best!
    Thank you my lovely worm. I will try to keep going.
  6. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterwants View Comment
    I think people can underestimate the pressure that being a Dom or a master can bring sometimes, especially if you care and are concerned about a sub’s well-being. Sometimes if can get overwhelming if your professional or personal life gets complicated at times, trying to juggle all the balls is hard. I also think subs have an expectation that we can’t or shouldn’t make mistakes or have off days and should always be perfect, which against brings a lot of pressure. I guess communication is key and honesty, but I can appreciate that a sub will feel abandoned when their Dom or master suddenly backs off. I think not expecting perfection might help, as well as being open about what you want or need from the relationship from the get go. Maybe it’s about cutting each other some slack now and again and not letting your emotions feel that is wrong.
    I am a switch. I have two subs and so I feel like I am in a unique position to understand the demands of being a Domme. I don't feel like I put unreasonable expectations on my Dom for that reason. I also always make an effort to communicate when I need things to slow down or need a break. Everybody struggles.

When I notice that communication is starting to wane, I always reach out and ask what is happening. I offer a break, I offer support. Yet, my efforts aren't usually matched.
  7. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zephyrnem View Comment
    If I have learned anything, it is that you need to limit what you want out of a master/sub relationship. Not because it cannot be perfect but because a relationship, it seems to me, an wreck things right off the back. I want my sub to start as a piece of meat to some extent. A happy piece of meat, but a plaything. Perhaps more would grow. Too much, too fast...well...as a master...I DO feel overwhelmed with emotional stuff if I am trying to learn the physical and strive to make a happy sub. As a sub? I want to be used. I don’t want emotions (you are certainly free to have any dim/sub relationship you want...I am simply putting forth a viewpoint) at the start. Those can grow later. Being a master, at least for me, is tricky, mostly at the beginning. Being friendly, and emotionally supportive cuts into that, and makes me feel like I and juggling a lot. I am very creative. I want to be a good master. To be a friend, at least to me, adds a level that is exhausting.

Just my viewpoint. I certainly hope you find what you are looking for.
    I would much rather do it the opposite way. I would rather have a friendship before we have any kind of D/s relationship. It is why I like to take things slow and talk with them. I am very good at communicating and sharing those expectations, they always agree. But they are the ones who push for rules and/or tasks.
  8. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

You are not cursed Miss. You just have bad luck, and the current corona times aren't exactly helping anyone right now. Indeed you should not give up. Never give up, as there is always hope.

I hope you will find someone good because you definitely deserve it. We have been friends for 3 years now and I don't befriend people easily. You are the bestest and the sweetest and you deserve only the best!
  9. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

I think people can underestimate the pressure that being a Dom or a master can bring sometimes, especially if you care and are concerned about a sub’s well-being. Sometimes if can get overwhelming if your professional or personal life gets complicated at times, trying to juggle all the balls is hard. I also think subs have an expectation that we can’t or shouldn’t make mistakes or have off days and should always be perfect, which against brings a lot of pressure. I guess communication is key and honesty, but I can appreciate that a sub will feel abandoned when their Dom or master suddenly backs off. I think not expecting perfection might help, as well as being open about what you want or need from the relationship from the get go. Maybe it’s about cutting each other some slack now and again and not letting your emotions feel that is wrong.
  10. Old Comment

The curse of the rules

If I have learned anything, it is that you need to limit what you want out of a master/sub relationship. Not because it cannot be perfect but because a relationship, it seems to me, an wreck things right off the back. I want my sub to start as a piece of meat to some extent. A happy piece of meat, but a plaything. Perhaps more would grow. Too much, too fast...well...as a master...I DO feel overwhelmed with emotional stuff if I am trying to learn the physical and strive to make a happy sub. As a sub? I want to be used. I don’t want emotions (you are certainly free to have any dim/sub relationship you want...I am simply putting forth a viewpoint) at the start. Those can grow later. Being a master, at least for me, is tricky, mostly at the beginning. Being friendly, and emotionally supportive cuts into that, and makes me feel like I and juggling a lot. I am very creative. I want to be a good master. To be a friend, at least to me, adds a level that is exhausting.

Just my viewpoint. I certainly hope you find what you are looking for.
  11. Old Comment

3 years <3

Mr. Devious I am so very sorry, surely by now they can commute your sentence? You've been good after all and there's only so much punishment a man can deserve.

Muahaha..

I'm just kidding, I am so very pleased for you both. Congratulations and here's to many many more years of happiness together, you two are just wonderful together.
  12. Old Comment

3 years <3

Congratulations! That's awesome! May you have a hundred or more anniversaries together! Wishing you both happiness and contentment.
    Posted 05-07-2020 at 02:01 PM by SilvertongueLyra SilvertongueLyra is offline
  13. Old Comment

3 years <3

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments!

And thank you sweetie for such a lovely blog post. I love you so much! Even if I do make you crazy
  14. Old Comment

3 years <3

Aww, love you guys!
    I remember when you were just starting out, as we were. Such amazing memories!

Huge congratulations, wishing so much happiness for you both.
  15. Old Comment

3 years <3

Congratulations to you both Miss Butterfly and Mister Devious! 3 years! Isn't that something! I wish you many more happy years together!

16. Old Comment

3 years <3

Congratulations! Raising a glass to you both and wishing you more of the same for the future!

All the very best!

Connie
    Xx
  17. Old Comment

3 years <3

Awww! Congratulations to you both and happy anniversary! Here's to many more in the future!
  18. Old Comment

3 years <3

I raise my morning mug of tea (strong brewed, w/ milk and sugar) and wish you an endlessness of love and happiness!

Quote:
    For those that don't know who we are (we used to be pretty well known, but not so much anymore)...
    Snort, giggle!
  19. Old Comment

3 years <3

Congratulations to both of you! What a great way to celebrate despite the circumstances.
  20. Old Comment

3 years <3

Congratulations to you both and it sounds like you had a wonderful day together to celebrate your happy milestone
    Posted 05-06-2020 at 09:54 PM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  21. Old Comment

3 years <3

Congratulations!
  22. Old Comment

3 years <3

Congratulations! Really wonderful to see that you both are super happy!
    And great how you've celebrated this!
  23. Old Comment

3 years <3

Much congrats to the both of you, and cheers to another wonderful three years (and many more sets of three years) of love, support and kink!
  24. Old Comment

I slipped ...

Slipping happens. I think most people who self harmed has slipped at least once. (I have slipped so don't feel like you are the only one.)

I didn't read this blog right away as I kinda felt it would push me to slip. Sometimes you work and work not to and still do.

As you said you will get stronger. You were strong enough to post this. Very brave too.
  25. Old Comment

I slipped ...

You are strong but in my opinion social distancing is never worth it if it is something you desperately need. If going to your bestie and having that embrace which is so powerful, is what you need most in life. Well then go for it! Hug her or him with all your might, let it all spill out, shed some tears, ask for help, help them if they are the ones that need it, be there for them if thats what they need, it is a difficult time for more than one reason.... There is more to it than just stopping the spread of the virus. You need to be there for each other, everyone has their own demons and each ones are different. Don't you forget that you have so many people on this site and around the world that are cheering you on!!! You are the first person on this site that gave me a chance and I got to know you so well and I will never forget it. You are the boss, as I would say it. (American slang hehe) Love you!