Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
  1. Old Comment

Starters: Fantastic PM dares for anyone new to PM dares

Thank you. Indeed is has been already.
  2. Old Comment

Starters: Fantastic PM dares for anyone new to PM dares

Nice helper for newbies. I'm sure it will be appreciated.
  3. Old Comment

Re: When are you a pervert? What is taboo?

I really did enjoy reading this blog! Quite a few keen insights as it relates to taboo.

I feel like the examples you gave were really good ones. As a race of emotionally intellectual animals, I feel like it's very important for us to remember that the things we consider "okay" are only considered okay because that's how we are raised (by our families, social exposures, and personal experiences) to regard it. The less we look at things as a matter of sanctions and taboos, the more rationally and critically we can assess them. In your example about pets and livestock, we see a situation where "consent" means nothing to most humans (even some of your most die hard animal rights activists) because we do not consider most animals to be our evolutionary equals: all the world is our prey. And we are but animals, so why wouldn't we see things that way? It's in our biological code. At that point it's not a question of consent, a right which we do not extend to animals, nor do they seem to understand at any level deeper than sheer symbiosis, but a question of consequences. For many of us, the only prospect standing between an omnivore and a vegetarian is whether or not health risks are involved with consuming meat. We simply lack the compassion and regard for animals needed to persuade us into a meatless or even an ethically-driven omnivorous diet. Most of us don't give a shit if our meat comes from a utopian local farm or a dismal factory slaughterhouse.

And, on the universal and humanistic level, that's fine, because those are the parameters that we, ourselves, have set for our moral compass. Is it right by the animals? Probably not, but then, you'd probably have to ask an animal. Either way, we've no obligation to care. Unless some religious or ideological doctrine has you believing essentialist ideas of "good" and "evil."

And speaking of religion, that is where we get a great many of our sexual taboos. Sodomy, public nudity, masturbation, fetishism, mutually-consenting adultery, prostitution, polyamory, and even public breastfeeding all have one thing in common: they are religious taboos. All of them are banned in some country or another based on laws of a purely religious nature, while there is scant medical, psychological, or sociological evidence suggesting that these things are actually bad. Any evidence that does exist is questionable at best and are often the result of cherry-picked data and unscientific methods of study. In societies where public nudity, polygamy, and public breastfeeding are the norm, such as that which is examined in some African tribes, there has been no evidence to support any negative impact of these actions being exposed to children. They simply don't ask, and/or don't care. So what does that say about what we consider "taboo" in first-world judeo-christian society?

With that all being said, I feel like the best (and perhaps only) methods we have to tune our moral compasses relates to acts of compassion and the respect of consent. That's why, even if I don't agree with the current social climate that takes its taboos from religious doctrines that I, myself, don't subscribe to, I will still do my best to avoid public sexual acts because the public does not consent to witnessing those acts. But that is my choice and, at least to me, it has no bearing on the "rightness" of someone who chooses not to regard my, or the public's, consent to witness their sexual behaviors (passively speaking, of course - flashers, for instance, fall under the category of deliberate sexual harassment as far as I'm concerned). The world is a big place and I can't really fault someone's inability or unwillingness to not only take everyone's sensibilities into account, but to also hold them higher than one's own victim-less pleasure. Either way, I still think it's important to talk about these things and appropriately combat the social structures that allow these taboos to exist in the first place.
  4. Old Comment

Re: When are you a pervert? What is taboo?

Thank you very much for your in-depth response. I like how you always really think things through.

I agree with you that we shouldn't actually keep pets as there is no consent here either. As for eating them. Well. I am a meat eater and I do believe meat is an important source of food for humans. It contains nutrients that are to be found nowhere else. But I do also agree with you that we don't need to eat as much of it as we do and I also think we should treat animals a lot better then we currently do, even if they are kept as livestock.

As for what can and can you not do in pubic? Yes, almost everything will offend some people. I think we should use common sense here and draw the line where the least number of people are offended. But yes, it is very difficult to find a sure answer here as to what generally would be deemed acceptable and what not. In my post I just listed a few examples which I think are not and I agree with the things you mention as being acceptable.
  5. Old Comment

My 2 cents on consent

Very interesting read and yes, there can be difficult cases indeed. Laws cannot always cover everything adequately, also because they are made by people based on certain opinions, which might not be 'correct' depending on who you ask and what situation you are in.
  6. Old Comment

My 2 cents on consent

Thank you for sharing this! Very well-put. I completely agree that when it comes to consent, we are talking about extremely fluid conditions that aren't always justified by the law itself. We need responsible, well-informed humans to know when and how to apply those laws, and to know when the law doesn't work (and therefore needs changing or abolishing, as in the case of anti-homosexuality laws).
  7. Old Comment

My 2 cents on consent

A very interesting read! I enjoyed reading it!
    I, myself, have experienced non-consensual sex. It's a complicated story. There is my side of the story, and then there is his side of the story.
    You make very good points throughout the post, some that I agree with, some that I don't. Nonetheless, it was a well written post!

Love,
    ~Lia
    Posted 12-04-2016 at 07:57 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  8. Old Comment

Story: Breaker Part 2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IllPUTitIN
    God, someone's cock got hard!!!
    Because I wanted it to be a little surprise to be discovered by you.

I am happy you enjoyed it. Didn't know you had already made a similar experience.
  9. Old Comment

Why you no tell me?!.. haha!

Ok, I get why you dedicated this to me. But what you didn't know. I did this (without the hypno unfortunately) with my ex. And she was exactly like that. Well a bit more furious and literally tied up. I wouldn't let her orgasm for hours. Sometimes I accidentally let her over the edge and withdrew too late, and this ruined her orgasm. Boy was she furious!
    Did I have any orgasms those nights? Hah.. why would I.

This actually feels like you read our minds back then But she is only three years younger than me

God, someone's cock got hard!!!
  10. Old Comment

About men and women; and me

Thanks for the comments. It was a relief to write it out. Now your comments made my day.
  11. Old Comment

Great post and, as expected from you, very well written!
    Respect for one another is one of the most important things in life.
    Thank you!
  12. Old Comment

I love this so much..
    I am somewhere between cis and agender and I personally don't give a crap what pronoun people use with me (so long as offence isn't intended of course)

but I really find it bothersome when people intentionally misgender and dead name those who do care... the basic respect you are calling for is way past due
  13. Old Comment

Quote:
    A woman with big hands, a small man? Cannot be. How can we be sure? Genitals you say. Alright. But then what if you lose whatever you have there? Would that make you any less of a man or a woman? Would you be willing to lose your gender identity because of that, with all the grave consequences? I hope not.
    I loved reading this post!! It is intriguing and thought provoking indeed!! These gender lines are thinner than we assume and have no place in the modern world!! Individual choices should be respected!!

Quote:
    One more thing: you don't have to like soccer because you are a man (or football, hockey or basketball if you are in the USA), or sports in general, or fast cars, or military, or violence, or strength, or mechanics and electronics, or logic. You may, of course. Same goes for women and lovely cloth, shoes, emotions and so forth. But please don't expect others to meet any expectations about their gender.
    You are right about this!! This stereotyping is so uncool! It is really annoying when it is assumed that just because I am a female I have to like shopping or talking a lot..lol..etc or when it is startling to some that I may like playing video games or anything else that guys are 'supposed' to like... who decides who should like/do what? and why are some traits even thought of as tomboyish/masculine.. it could as much be girlish/feminine or even gender neutral..
    Updated 11-28-2016 at 01:02 AM by nina@
  14. Old Comment

Analysis: Girls Versus Boys

Thank you. Great you like it so far. Another contribution to the diversity of opinions.

I haven't played such a game myself, so I don't know exactly how it feels and what happens in practice, at least on an episodic level. I agree, it's easier to get people to understand and play which has very simple rules and has already been played hundreds of times. Fortunately, there are always some people who like to try and explore something at least slightly new.

In any case I wish everybody lots of fun with whatever they are however playing.

I am glad to have added my 2 cents. Thanks for the dare.
  15. Old Comment

Analysis: Girls Versus Boys

Hey Cass

A comprehensive essay with a different approach than ones I have already read which were great too!! Found the simulation really interesting, however in actual games being a girl I can say with experience that I have started a game with a set of boys and ended with a different set of boys so it might still not be that predictable!! You are right about the fact that towards the end the game gets accelerated!! Like some of your suggestions too but don't think it's easy to implement!!

Thanks for doing this task for me!
  16. Old Comment

Story: More than I dreamed of Part 2

Both are fun! And I have always loved peestuff, so the little hinting towards it was fun to see as well!

I mostly have things I can do by myself in my likes though, but yea, strap-ons have always been a major fantasy :P! And one so advanced, makes it even more fun!
  17. Old Comment

Haha, thank you so much. I am glad you discovered it. Maybe you'll add pegging or strap-on sex to your likes then, or was it something else that excited you in the story?
  18. Old Comment

This might be my new favorite story! Its a shame that I missed it the first time! Glad I did end up finding it though!

Lovely story, great writing and just so many feelings that I get from reading it!
  19. Old Comment

Thank you for the compliments. I go with the line 'Your kink isn't my kink, but that's alright.', and try to pick up several kinks that are not necessarily in the middle of my interests. So I don't expect every of my stories to work for everyone, especially since even style and quality differ all the time.

Such feedback gives me drive to keep the writing on. Thank you for that.
  20. Old Comment

Story: The shooting Part 2

Cool. The best feedback I've gotten so far, ever. I am very happy it works so well for you, and even more that it inspires you to some real life impulse. Hope your wife plays along and you both have fun and take care.
  21. Old Comment

Story: The shooting Part 1

Many thanks. The link works now.
  22. Old Comment

Story: The shooting Part 2

"I wasn't yet clever enough to look at the backside, reading: 'Totally fucked and can't get enough. Take me any way you like.'"

10/10 Thank you for this story, loved it! The complete domination and violation, the demeaning words, being tricked into it. The 'verbal' humiliation at the end when she finds out what was on the back of her shirt and the potential consequences... Thank you for this story, my favorite so far!

*edit* sorry if I seem over-dramatic or something, but I think you and I have a pretty similar vision on control and humiliation so your writing really 'works' for me. I've actually talked to my wife about the possibility of her writing something humiliating on the back of a shirt and making me wear it somewhere in public without knowing what it said. It'd be better if I didn't know anything was written there at first, but either way would be a thrill.
    Updated 11-20-2016 at 07:00 PM by Alexis Rune
  23. Old Comment

Story: The shooting Part 1

Link to part 2 isn't working, but here it is:
    http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=80575
  24. Old Comment

You do an incredible job of extended the scene without being completely repetitive. I've seen a lot of clumsily written begging and pleading (and have done so myself!) because there is only one thing the person wants and only so many ways to ask for it. I think you did that part very well.

Interestingly, even though I like the idea of being tricked, or a powerful person having the tables turned on them, I didn't like it as much here. I'm not really sure why. I guess I just associated her as a Domme based on the early part of the story and when it flipped, it didn't fit my vision of her.

Still, a fun read overall, as most of your stories have been! I have several to go, but am having fun reading one or two most evenings.
  25. Old Comment

Story: The show Part 2

No hurry. Take your time. Just wanted to hint to a played game example with users interacting. It's not as streamlined as any story, of course, but it's a different approach on the same topic, with surprises back and forth, and pretty real (online) unfairness.