Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
  1. Old Comment

Male chastity - Devices and belts

The jailbird cage worked well for me. Except for one small problem. I'm a shrinker... I think the term is turtled. So, when it was cooler, I did slip out just because of that. But agreed with MrCharcol, the smaller the better. You don't want room to grow. And the plastic ones could break. Plus, being big and bulky, wouldn't they get in the way much?
  2. Old Comment

I've tried a couple of those myself. And I haven't found any device that I can wear for a longer time. Best so far is a new device I got off of China. Hard plastic, solid rings of different sizes and integrated lock. But still not good for an extended time. I'd be really interested in trying a belt as well, once. China prices seem pretty reasonable on them.
  3. Old Comment

You are okay

Many thanks, Nina.
  4. Old Comment

You are okay

Great blog Cass.. Deep and thoughtful.

While we are generally preoccupied with our broader life goals we often fail to realise and undermine the important role that seemingly smaller things like the people we interact with, the positivities we can absorb from our surroundings, the negativities that we can remove and the smiles that we can bring to someone are what really affect and shape our lives qualitatively.

And for me the key to inner peace and happiness is to absorb only what makes me stronger (like Godric Gryffindors sword from the HP series..lol) and block the rest as noise and I apply this philosophy in everything.. work or play! In fact I feel once we achieve inner peace we are at a much better position to comprehend our goals, revise them to realistic levels and not only be content with it but also be motivated and more self disciplined towards it's fulfilment and may even end up surpassing them.

Thanks Cass for this great blog. Hope people read it and get inspired!
    Updated 08-11-2017 at 03:15 PM by nina@
  5. Old Comment

You are okay

Great contribution, Jaro and sir sam. Many many thanks for the compliments both of you.
  6. Old Comment

You are okay

Wonderfull post,

ok....
    here you go....

a BIG FAT COMPLIMENT

i just realize I probably did not give you that enough. In reality you are a very frequent, reliable poster. I always read your blogs, they are always nice and insightfull, you always contribute in meaningfull ways to threads of people who try to achieve something or set something up for their sub or pet.

Personally I think "failing" can very easily happen on the casual play threads. 9 out 10 times one will get tasks that are NOT curved to the person, very often tasks that are complete bullshit. So,.. feeling bad about not completing them is a sad thing.
    When having a stable dom one can (hopefully) expect tasks that are doable. Probably pushing, but doable. A dom will even protect towards the overambitious horny self-ideas and adapt them towards capability.

Well,.. those are my 2 cents
  7. Old Comment

You are okay

What a positive post this is!
    I'm sure we all make a difference in more ways then we think.
    It also reminds me of a great quote attributed to Winston Churchill:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts!"
  8. Old Comment

Try Getting them from China DH Gate sells loads of versions for a fifth of the price of Western Websites we bought 5 for the price of one from Love Honey
  9. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    Should I once be able to send you the spanking machine, I could include a chastity device so you could try yourself.
    You are just too generous...
    I actually have been thinking about getting one. Stay tuned for a thread that might be posted soon.
  10. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrCharcol View Comment
    We used 6 devices the Smaller the better and a single solid ring rather than one with a hinge is betterrible. As for locks a integrated look is better than a padlock.

The Pico birdcage or a small metal cage worked the best in terms of comfort and hygiene
    Many thanks for this feedback. I'll have a look at it.
  11. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaroface View Comment
    Really? You can get out? Even a CB-6000?
    These are so popular I'd think they would be good!
    The issue is the ring around the ball sack as a basic principle. Either it is too wide, you don't guess how thin and flexible that body part can be, or it is so tight that it threatens health, regarding blood circulation and so. Remember if you clamped it completely, according to my knowledge you have 20 minutes before you permanent damage. And it does get worse with an erection. Maybe cages out of rings have less of a problem because the force gets into pushing the cock into the rings. *ouch* But I don't know.
    In general I find it difficult to attach anything to the human body.

Should I once be able to send you the spanking machine, I could include a chastity device so you could try yourself.
    Updated 07-27-2017 at 06:33 AM by CSasha
  12. Old Comment

Really? You can get out? Even a CB-6000?
    These are so popular I'd think they would be good!
  13. Old Comment

We used 6 devices the Smaller the better and a single solid ring rather than one with a hinge is betterrible. As for locks a integrated look is better than a padlock.

The Pico birdcage or a small metal cage worked the best in terms of comfort and hygiene
  14. Old Comment
    Posted 07-06-2017 at 07:14 PM by any_girls_sex_toy any_girls_sex_toy is offline
  15. Old Comment

Stories, ads and dares - My blog is not the forum

Quote:
    Thank you. I'll have to try this out with my next story. If it works, problem solved (at least for me).

Thank you so much, Sir Stefan.
    If I happened to see it, I would still ask that it be moved to the proper section as I am making an effort to be consistent with all users.

While I am not seeking out and moving old posts, and therefore may not see it, I would still ask that members follow the rules going forward.
  16. Old Comment

Quote:
    I think I get your point more and more. Blogs initially are some personal post about how we feel, think and what bothers us. Everything else distracts from that original purpose. So maybe it could also work the other way around: bloggers flag their blog entry as personal, and only then it pops up in the recent entries list, and maybe comments even, too.
    At least, it doesn't seem so much of an easy decision for me now. Thanks for enlightening me.

I am still hesitent to post any new story in the story section though. Fortunately, I am not that much of an industrious writer anyway.

Also, I admit I use the recent blog entries list mostly for picking out new PM dare lists and any issues which interest me, and those are not necessarily personal issues. For example, I found your blog posts on general relationship issues, communication and BDSM quite useful, and I remember other people's entries on such matters, too. I guess that could also move over as long as it's not much of a personal blog post.
    In that way I notice how dangerous unmoderated blog posts might become. I myself already don't look into the forums very often. On most days I just check my subscriptions as well as the blogs, and I would have missed plenty of interesting forum threads like Jaroface's edge AMA if he hadn't post a blog entry about it.

I am not sure if forbidding certain topics in the blogs solves the problem though. Blogs in general doesn't seem the root of the problem for me. Blogs seem to give me content sorted by user and title. An interesting title like PM dares or someone I already know and you have me clicked. Somehow forums only give me the X most frequently used threads so I feel the most frequently used forums like TorD Online are overwhelmed with threads I am not interested in while less popular but for me most interesting threads go lost on the pages after the first. Just thinking aloud.
    I am not looking to censor what people write. Mostly I am eliminating the clutter from the blogs page which already has a dedicated section elsewhere on getdare.

My views on relationship and bdsm are personal to me. They may be a resource to other users but they are my opinions and point of views. Hence why they should be allowed in the blogs.

Stories that are written as a report of factual events would still be allowed in the blogs, however those that are fiction would be asked to be moved to the stories section.
  17. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sir sam View Comment
    Actually there is,
    In stead of the default "publish now", choose "publish on" option (scroll down and you will find it).

Then just choose a date in the past (like one week or month in the past)
    Thank you. I'll have to try this out with my next story. If it works, problem solved (at least for me).

Thank you so much, Sir Sam.
    Updated 07-02-2017 at 11:39 PM by CSasha
  18. Old Comment

Quote:

Just asking, because I know programming is always much of an effort, if there was an option not to be listed in these recent blog entries list, as blog in general or for each single blog entry, would you have anything against posting stories, ads, dares in my own blog as long as they wouldn't show because of that option?
    Actually there is,
    In stead of the default "publish now", choose "publish on" option (scroll down and you will find it).

Then just choose a date in the past (like one week or month in the past)
  19. Old Comment

I think I get your point more and more. Blogs initially are some personal post about how we feel, think and what bothers us. Everything else distracts from that original purpose. So maybe it could also work the other way around: bloggers flag their blog entry as personal, and only then it pops up in the recent entries list, and maybe comments even, too.
    At least, it doesn't seem so much of an easy decision for me now. Thanks for enlightening me.

I am still hesitent to post any new story in the story section though. Fortunately, I am not that much of an industrious writer anyway.

Also, I admit I use the recent blog entries list mostly for picking out new PM dare lists and any issues which interest me, and those are not necessarily personal issues. For example, I found your blog posts on general relationship issues, communication and BDSM quite useful, and I remember other people's entries on such matters, too. I guess that could also move over as long as it's not much of a personal blog post.
    In that way I notice how dangerous unmoderated blog posts might become. I myself already don't look into the forums very often. On most days I just check my subscriptions as well as the blogs, and I would have missed plenty of interesting forum threads like Jaroface's edge AMA if he hadn't post a blog entry about it.

I am not sure if forbidding certain topics in the blogs solves the problem though. Blogs in general doesn't seem the root of the problem for me. Blogs seem to give me content sorted by user and title. An interesting title like PM dares or someone I already know and you have me clicked. Somehow forums only give me the X most frequently used threads so I feel the most frequently used forums like TorD Online are overwhelmed with threads I am not interested in while less popular but for me most interesting threads go lost on the pages after the first. Just thinking aloud.
  20. Old Comment

If that was a possibility I think I would have less of a problem with it, but in the end they still have their own dedicated section for those to belong in. I would however like to see rules, pm dares and like/dislike lists in a section that doesn't show up on the main list.
  21. Old Comment

Many thanks for your reply, Butterfly. Do I get it right that the main issue is about the recent blog entry list in the general Blog section as well as below the forum? I see your point that it gets much more flooded when all people post all their stories, ads, dares and what not. I haven't thought about if everybody would do that. You are totally right about that. It would be a mess.

Just asking, because I know programming is always much of an effort, if there was an option not to be listed in these recent blog entries list, as blog in general or for each single blog entry, would you have anything against posting stories, ads, dares in my own blog as long as they wouldn't show because of that option?
  22. Old Comment

When there are multiple ads or request for dares being posted in the blog section on a daily basis, it takes the attention away from the blogs that people put a lot of time and effort into writting. I am not saying that there aren't well written ads or dare requests in the blog section, but they have an entire section dedicated to them. A place where you can go and look for those.

I understand it is your blog, but we need to remain consistent.

There are other ways for people to search for content that you wrote specifically. That is what the user statistics are for. You can also easily search your own content by looking at your subscriptions.

I do intent to continue to remove blogs that have a dedicated section set up for them. However things like pm dares, rules, likes/limits, I have allowed to remain in the blog section as they can be easily edited over time compared to the forums. I think that is the most functional. And it makes it easy to link to your signature.

I hope this explanation helps.
  23. Old Comment

To all my haters

Many many thanks.
  24. Old Comment

To all my haters

you made those fap roulettes?? you are awesome Cass!! you carry the spirit of getdare Cass! i always enjoy what you do and share
  25. Old Comment

getDare Survival Guide

I think this is pretty sound advice. The first point definitely resonated with me. I have a habit of taking on projects that have good intentions but are WAY too big for one person. I have had to admit defeat a few times and it stings, but I have learned that I am important. My health and happiness are important!