Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Sir's Good Little Girl

I wonder what a floating butterfly would look like I've only seen flying ones.
  2. Old Comment

Sir's Good Little Girl

Oooohh, Butterfly! This sounds so fun! Glad you got to have a subby day. And trying out new things. You're way braver than I am. I still haven't worked up to trying any non-ouchy impact play (I'm already pretty sure I wouldn't like the ouchy version).
  3. Old Comment

Sir's Good Little Girl

Wow! Sounds like an amazing day!
  4. Old Comment

Happiness

I love this post! It took me a really long time in life to put myself first and recognize the things I needed to do for my own happiness, and was even told I was being selfish for it (but that is a whole other story). We only have one life, it should be filled with happiness and joy, sometimes it's hard to get there, but it is so worth it when it happens. As far as hurting other people, that does suck and hurts in itself, but not being happy with something and the emotional impact that will have on you will probably hurt them more, it will definitely hurt you more.

It makes my heart so happy to see people recognizing this at a young age!

P.S. I love your butterfly background
  5. Old Comment

Happiness

I have always been a happy person, but had never experienced happiness. I believe there is a big difference between the two. I can say now that I have had a true taste of happiness... that feeling when you wake up in the morning and everything just feels right. It took a special someone to show that it was possible. A big part of this is loving yourself, something I've never really been able to do. I'm so proud of you Butterfly, for the hard decisions you have made and the steps you have taken to find happiness for yourself. You've shown me alot the past 7 months and we owe it to each other to do what it takes to both find happiness in our lives.
  6. Old Comment

Happiness

Very well said!! Thank you for writing this. I think it is so easy for us to put the responsibility for our happiness on someone else, because it means we don't have to be responsible. Sometimes we need to be reminded that it is up to us individually to create our own happiness.
  7. Old Comment

Happiness

Well written butterfly, it is true that we are master of our own happiness in much the same way we are the perpetrators of our own disappear at times. By truly accepting who we and learning to enjoy being ourselves though is a huge step towards mastering happiness.

I agree with you too JL <3 it is so hard to put our own happiness before that of another, especially for many submissives who live to make others happy. It takes such strength and courage to put yourselves first and to do what is needed to find happiness for yourself.
  8. Old Comment

Happiness

I agree with Jls (almost used your real name and would have gotten bopped on the head :P) it is so very hard sometimes knowing that your happiness will make someone else very sad. That in turn would make me feel sad again even though something else would make me very happy... it just makes things so very complicated.
  9. Old Comment

Happiness

Beautiful blog, lady. We've both tried to hammer this message into each other's head, but putting your own happiness above someone else's is hard sometimes. But everything you said here is absolutely right, and I'm so proud of you for making decisions and steps toward happiness. <3
  10. Old Comment

Happiness

I don't have much to add to your blog and the comments. I think I'll leave the talking to mister porcupine instead:

11. Old Comment

Happiness

@Madl - No. You cant make somebody else happy, but I believe that you can help them achieve happiness by helping them to believe in themselves. Just like you, and a lot of other people did to help me.

@Colosubguy - I agree. You wan't to make them happy, but you can't do it for them. You can help make them smile though, which is still nice.

@Lizzy - I do agree with you, there is a difference between Joy and Happiness. I will have to read the article. I believe the same things are true of Joy. You cannot make somebody feel Joy and contentment. It is something that stems with being happy with yourself, your life and others. It is something you have to make happen for yourself.
  12. Old Comment

Happiness

I actually have to disagree slightly with madl. You CAN make someone else happy, but only fleetingly.
    I love everything you said! And agree with it.
    I think there's something even more important than happiness: Joy.

Happiness is an outward expression of elation. It tends to be based on circumstance and of shorter duration. Joy is inward peace and all around contentment. Joy tends to have a much longer timeframe.
    This is a good article on it! They really said it well with this: The opposite of happiness is unhappiness. The opposite of joy is fear.
    Updated 01-30-2015 at 10:32 AM by eivins
  13. Old Comment

Happiness

It's such a paradox! I want to make other people happy! But you're right, i can't. But maybe if I'm happy some of that can rub off? Maybe? A little?
  14. Old Comment

Happiness

This is beautifully written and well-expressed. Thank-you!

One corollary of this is that you can never make someone else happy. No matter how much you sacrifice and give of yourself, only they can make themselves happy.

Smiles!
  15. Old Comment

Crossroads: Sub v. Domme

@Monkey Man - Thank you so much. I know you have and will always be here to support both of us and we are both so very grateful.

@M.G. - I do want to explore my Domme side and yes, I actually never really looked at it that way, but as a sub, I had a domme to guide me and lean on, and as a Domme, I am doing it more on my own. I still do not know where the future will lead me, but thank you for your well wishes and support.

@NLG - Cookies, hugs and teddy bears sound wonderful. Again very insightful advice (see, I knew there was a reason I posted all my rambles here). I think I really do need to just take a break from labelling myself. I just want to be me, and see where it leads.

@Asslvr - Thank you being there with me through every up and down. I truly wouldn't be the person I am today without you. I know I am more than just your sub, but sometimes it just feels like that defines me ... maybe because of the name. Being your sub has been wonderful and I couldnt have asked for a better Dom, But I am so much more than just a sub, and maybe the problem is actually proving that to myself rather than others.

@JLS - Thank you. I hope I can find the right balance for me.

@Tease - As NLG suggeste, I think I am going to do just that. I am going to just have being me, whether it means i am submitting to Asslvr today and domming Colosubguy next week, I am just going to have fun, be me and grow and learn and have fun.

@Ariana - Thank you. Submitting for me has always felt empowering as well, that is why when I started to explore my Domme side, it really shocked me how much stronger and even more empoweed I felt. I didn't think it could happen. It is a completely different feeling, but I deffinetly do love both feelings. Thank you for reading and adoring my posts.
  16. Old Comment

You are a strong and inspiring person!

It is great that you have found a way to cope with your past struggles and thank you so much for sharing! I'm so happy for all things you discovered. And I hope you'll get more out of your journey.

To me, submitting and being controlled helps me be a more open person. I am now less scared to speak blunt truth and more willing to be open to people in general (:

Good luck and keep sharing!! I adore your posts.
  17. Old Comment

In the past few months that I've come to know you butterfly, I've watched you change and grow in confidence both through your submission to asslvr, through domination of colosubguy but also from understanding more about yourself as a person.

As you grow and learn more and more about yourself you will find you get stronger desires in either direction, we aren't static as people in our needs and desires they do change and evolve over time especially for someone who does have switch tendencies.

I'd say explore both sides further and see where it takes you, just make sure to have a hell of a lot of fun no matter what you do
  18. Old Comment

Such a wonderful look into your mind and what you're going through. Being a switch can be disorienting, and balancing both sides presents plenty of challenges. I hope you can find a happy balance and that you are happy because you deserve it!
  19. Old Comment

You have been so incredibly strong the past 6 months, for everything you have been through, I have been by your side, doing my best to help, comfort and reassure you. I have seen you grow and you make me feel so proud to have been a part of that.

Your growth can't stop, you derserve every bit of happiness, and finding out what you need to accomplish that is very important. I have been there for every up and every down, and I will continue to offer my love and support. I will always be there for you in any way you need.

I also want to mention that you are so much more to this community than just "my sub". You are always the first to give advise, offer warm words or a caring ear. You mean a lot to so many people here and this would be a sadder place without you.

Take your time, and just know, no matter what happens I will always stand by your side♡
  20. Old Comment

Wow. Just...wow. You are a very strong and beautiful butterfly. I cannot believe how much you are working through, and have been working through, and I'm very much in awe of you right now...and I want to send you cookies and hugs and teddy bears and whatever else that will be remotely helpful.

So here's my two cents's worth: I think that the terms "domme", "sub", "switch", etc. are great, but they aren't what determines who we are. Bear with me while I attempt to explain my thought process. Language is inherently descriptive, not determinative; reality comes first, and then we try to talk about it. So I think that if being a domme, or a sub, or a switch, using that language/those categories to help understand who you are and what you want is helpful and good and fulfilling, then go for it. Keep feeling your way through and adjusting as necessary. But I have found that if I attempt to conform to certain concepts I can miss what I ought to be - I follow the template too much and end up adjusting myself rather than vice versa. What that incredibly convoluted paragraph was trying to get at is maybe ditching all of those terms for a time might be helpful, and just exploring your kinkiness regardless of a specific role per se (I really hope this is making sense). I think that unless one of them very clearly stands out above the rest, that there is a chance the answer is all of them or none of them...at least for the time being. Things can change, you can go through periods of being dominant and then other times of being submissive and still others where you're both, and it's all good. So long as at the end of the day you are happy, you are doing what you love, you are with those you love, and most importantly that you are you, then you are in excellent shape. And now I'm going to stop talking because yikes.
    Posted 01-24-2015 at 12:34 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  21. Old Comment

To me it sounds like you enjoy and want to pursue/explore the path of domme, however the desire to explore and try out new things without the support of a dominant is scary for you.
    Being a dominant sounds new to you - you are more familiar with submissiveness, hence making you feel safe and more at home; making the decision of whether to be dominant or submissive that much harder.

Sadly, there is no right or wrong - but the things you desire puts you firmly on the dominant side.

Which ever path you choose I am sure you will still be the amazing butterfly that I have witnessed so far; I wish you (Asslvr & colosubguy) all the best - you have my support.

(Just my thoughts and opinions - I am not telling how you should feel)
    Updated 01-24-2015 at 08:49 PM by M.G
  22. Old Comment

Miss Butterfly, you will always have my support. I am so happy be able to sub for both you and Asslvr. I love you both. You have definitely conquered this monkey. Anything I can do to help I will gladly.

"my monkey man" :melt:
  23. Old Comment

One month with a monkey in my net

Thank you all for your encouragement. It has been a wonderful month and it is only getting better and better.
  24. Old Comment

One month with a monkey in my net

A monkey in a net? I'm picturing that silly monkey avatar alright! I'm very glad that it's working out that well for you!
  25. Old Comment

Happy Birthday Asslvr!!!!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again because I like you: Have an amazing birthday!