Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Should stupidly be made a suspending or banning offense?
Do not make stupidity a banning or suspending offense 30 34.09%
Make stupidity a suspending offense 44 50.00%
Make stupidity a banning offense. 14 15.91%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Ace_E360
getDare Sweetheart

Angry Ban option: Stupidity

Can we please, pleasepleaseplease, make it a suspending offense to do super stupid posts that have nothing to do with the thread they are posted in? I'm thinking of things like the people who post "plz dar mee" in established threads. I've noticed this happening more, especially in expanding dare threads. The people who make these posts are not being productive, they are not respecting the creators and participants of the thread they post in, and they generally lower the quality of this entire site.

Mods, I'm sorry to suggest more work for you, since you are all awesome people who do so much to help everyone. But I think suspending these idiots for a few weeks would wake them up to the fact that there is an established procedure for getting dares, and it isn't spamming other people's creative and well made dares.
6.5 inches - 6'5" - 200 lbs

Not looking for a long-term dominant.

Likes, limits, and toys
PM DARES
Rules and always-in dares

PM or kik me to add PM Dares and/or rules.
Ace_E360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
twotothetenth
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to twotothetenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_E360 View Post
Can we please, pleasepleaseplease, make it a suspending offense to do super stupid posts that have nothing to do with the thread they are posted in? I'm thinking of things like the people who post "plz dar mee" in established threads. I've noticed this happening more, especially in expanding dare threads. The people who make these posts are not being productive, they are not respecting the creators and participants of the thread they post in, and they generally lower the quality of this entire site.

Mods, I'm sorry to suggest more work for you, since you are all awesome people who do so much to help everyone. But I think suspending these idiots for a few weeks would wake them up to the fact that there is an established procedure for getting dares, and it isn't spamming other people's creative and well made dares.
I think suspending them would mean they won't come back at all. I suspect they are mostly new users who don't know what the hell is going on and want a dare, so they just post somewhere. Maybe disabling posting for new users for a couple of days would help, they would be forced to lurk around before posting and find out how this forum works.

Looking for a sub

Teased and denied by girls since May 7

Likes: masturbation/orgasm control and denial, occasional anal, some pain (especially spanking, nipple torture), light bondage, exercise
Dislikes/punishments: more pain (esp cbt, toothpaste) , lines, corner time
Limits: public, pics/cam, involving other people, all the usual stuff and probably a lot of other shit
Toys: chastity cage, vibrator, prostate massager
PM Dares
twotothetenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Simi

I lurked before signing up as did quite a lot of others

Come join our free Getdare Minecraft Server!
More players are always welcome!

Want to be interrogated?
Assorted questionnaire links!

Fancy a pounding from a piggy?
Check out my anal stretching dice dare!

Training Threads:

Fantasised about being hypnotised and trained?
Visit the Hypnosis Training Advice thread!

Become a piss slut at the
Piss drinking Academy

About me, and likes/limits
My bdsm test
Torment a Piggy (Pm Dares)
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
twotothetenth
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to twotothetenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi View Post
I lurked before signing up as did quite a lot of others
I never said you hadn't, I said they probably didn't and that I think it might be better to make them lurk than to ban them.

Of course, it is totally different matter to ask if someone stupid enough to do this can learn something from lurking.

Looking for a sub

Teased and denied by girls since May 7

Likes: masturbation/orgasm control and denial, occasional anal, some pain (especially spanking, nipple torture), light bondage, exercise
Dislikes/punishments: more pain (esp cbt, toothpaste) , lines, corner time
Limits: public, pics/cam, involving other people, all the usual stuff and probably a lot of other shit
Toys: chastity cage, vibrator, prostate massager
PM Dares
twotothetenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Ace_E360
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotothetenth View Post
I think suspending them would mean they won't come back at all. I suspect they are mostly new users who don't know what the hell is going on and want a dare, so they just post somewhere. Maybe disabling posting for new users for a couple of days would help, they would be forced to lurk around before posting and find out how this forum works.
True. On the other hand, like Simi said, many of us lurk before we sign up, and become quite intelligent about things (though of course I do say so my self). In a way, I feel like suspending the stupid posters for a week with a reminder to lurk and learn would balance not penalizing the intelligent new [strikethrough]conscripts[/Strikethrough] members.
6.5 inches - 6'5" - 200 lbs

Not looking for a long-term dominant.

Likes, limits, and toys
PM DARES
Rules and always-in dares

PM or kik me to add PM Dares and/or rules.
Ace_E360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

If you report people (with reason) we do take action. Different things are dealt with differently (worth different amount of infraction points)

This is already being done. Eg)

First post was spam
Not following forum rules
Crappy / inappropriate / miscatergoriesed
Spamming / advertising
Posting in wrong section

To name just a few.

Love Rachie x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Red
Sona Forever

To be honest, I know that I personally do not check every single new post that is being made in the forums, there's just no time for that and it would be a never ending job.

If you are noticing people that aren't following the ways of the thread, then please report the post so we can look into it and explain to the user how that is not appropriate and what they should be doing if they are wanting dares ect.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

As mentioned, report when you see these things. The mods do not spend countless hours of every day looking at every post that is made. Unless on the off chance we happen to wander into that particular thread, we are never going to see it.

As for stupid being bannable, if only if only. Unfortunately, this would be a rather sparsely populated site.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
kuramirookwood

Sounds like annoying busywork to me, honestly. So I vote no.

Limits: blood, vomit, mutilation. Everything else is pretty much fair game!

Hound on the male farm
kuramirookwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Through what laws or means is stupidity measured in order to make it a reasonably ban-able offense? I agree with nellybell - I find the vast majority of users to be stupid.

However, there are varying degrees of stupidity. There are those who are stupid enough to break site rules and those who, although not breaking any rules in particular, are still immensely dense. Then, there are those that I simply don't agree with on some fundamental level and therefore feel are silly and/or stupid. If we ban one, can we not ban the others? If not, then why?

Sounds like it would just open the flood gates for reported posts and give mods a hard way to go with all kinds of arguing over what's stupid and what isn't, and who really needs that? The adult thing would simply be to ignore posts that are generally harmless, even if hopelessly stupid.

Or troll. Trolling's fun.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
master timo
getDare Sweetheart

listen people make mistakes it is up to the reader to forgive them some times derect them we are all falling short of banning anyone people need to be more supportive and guidance is key to this sights survival none of us are that good to pass judgment on others because of minor mistakes lets leave banning for those who stalk our users that is worthy of a ban we need to have a 0 tollorance for stalkers notposts put into the wrong catigory
master timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #12
Kitten
The One & Only

Drink

Stupidity does pollute the website. In some cases it's a grey area and I see why no action could be undertaken. In other instances though, like repeatedly posting scat dares to people who have scat as a limit, I do wish we could report people. I view it as spam when people mindlessly post replies when it's clear it has nothing to do with the OP or even in direct conflict with it, but then that's a matter of opinion.

A girl can dream.

Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #13
Charmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
If you report people (with reason) we do take action. Different things are dealt with differently (worth different amount of infraction points)

This is already being done. Eg)

First post was spam
Not following forum rules
Crappy / inappropriate / miscatergoriesed
Spamming / advertising
Posting in wrong section

To name just a few.

Love Rachie x x x

I think the user repeatedly posting "what does the Fox say" in multiple different threads and sections is going against ALL of these rules.
Any dares I get I may try

IF I GIVE YOU A DARE YOU DON'T LIKE, GIVE ME A REVENGE DARE!
PM me "quick strip" and I have 30 seconds to strip, if I fail you can give me a punishment
Charmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #14
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
I think the user repeatedly posting "what does the Fox say" in multiple different threads and sections is going against ALL of these rules.
You have made 0 reports since joining getDare. If you report the matter properly a moderator will look at the report and take action if required. Without the proper report it is a lot harder to manage the site.

Love Rachie x x x

Ps - red sorted anyway

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #15
i love new things

Why does everybody on this site care so much to be a jerk? Why are you all about banning anyways? Just let people enjoy and stop being jerks, all of you

Strong limits: illegal, family, friends, people finding out, public (visible), poop, perminient, severe pain, messy, ice

Male/USA
LOOKING FOR A FEMALE SLAVE OR MISTRESS, PM ME IF INTERESTED!
i love new things is offline   Reply With Quote