Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 10-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
LimitExplorer

Default Scat/Poo and Messy: What's the difference?

Hello,

Call me gullible, but I am wondering something about the various limits people have displayed in their signature.
Since I have a background in the diaper fetishism community, I associate 'messy' (and 'messing') with filling a diaper with feces. In turn, I associate the messing of diapers with scat - perhaps wrongly.

But this leaves me with the question: what's the difference between scat and messy? My assumption was that messy was the word for pooping your pants or something similar. Chances are this is a wrong assumption because of my diaper background, but still: I figure it's best that I find out the matters stand, before I accidentally offend anyone with questions or dares that are not within their limits.
LimitExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
Maggy

Should probably point out that I'm not a fan of either... But Messy encompasses all aspects of... well... mess. You essentially make a "mess" using any item available. Beans, sauce, mud, and in the case of my good buddy Gay Gavin, home made gunge. For some people, scat is considered a little too far. That's why it's usually listed seperately.
Limits: I guess it depends on my mood. ._.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sowisa~
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
WowwieGoesWoof
getDare Sweetheart

I'm not really into any of that, but I personally view "Messy" as things like, putting things in your pants/underwear, using whipped cream/food above the waist etc. Anything that involves a mess. Scat is really more oriented with PLAYING with feces, and is messy, but not classified as messy. (In MY opinion.)
WowwieGoesWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Slightly Pathetic
getDare Sweetheart

While I've never really played with this kink at all, I can tell you Maggy has been right so far. "Messy" usually excludes the use of feces, but not always. "Poo" is obviously a different story, but is only a vague term meaning the person will involve feces in their activities. "Scat" is the most specific term meaning "I will do nearly anything with feces, including putting it in my mouth". I've seen people have "messy" as a like and "scat" as a limit.

}}} How daring are you? {{{
Slightly Pathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

If you want more detail/info, I would suggest looking here as a good starting point for what 'messy' entails...

The UMD
silverdarknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave

Messy means 'Messy' and 'Scat' means what comes out when people shit. Simple as that.
yours_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

I suppose the terms mIght be interchangable, but yes.... Scat does have to do fecesis, and I think messy is anything that can me messy, which might include fecesis. Pretty gross if you ask me, not to mention unhealthy.

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
LimitExplorer

So yes, I can attribute what little confusion there was (the answers given match my expectations) to my history in the diaper community.

Now for me to determine if messy is one of my limits or not.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

Not to get off topic, but really think about the aspects of what you consider messy to be based on our answers. If you are still unsure, then you should experiment with the idea to find out for yourself the answer to your question, in regards to it being a limit or not. There's noting wrong with having an open mind.

Careful though, if you are considering the idea of using feces in your experiment, then I would caution you to understand that your body rids of it for a reason.

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #10
LimitExplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_soul View Post
Not to get off topic, but really think about the aspects of what you consider messy to be based on our answers. If you are still unsure, then you should experiment with the idea to find out for yourself the answer to your question, in regards to it being a limit or not. There's noting wrong with having an open mind.

Careful though, if you are considering the idea of using feces in your experiment, then I would caution you to understand that your body rids of it for a reason.
Yeah, I'm not into feces; it smells and is probably a bitch to clean. No current plans.

But filling a diaper with other materials that might give a similar experience is something that I would like to do sometime, and I suppose that might also fit the 'messy' label .

Thanks for your answers, everyone.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #11
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

To me Scat = human waste and messy can be anything messy like dares that involve pouring food on yourself like beans/whipped cream or muddy dares etc.
I'm not a fan of either but that's what I've gathered from reading through this site.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
limits, messy, scat