Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
princessjessie
Distinguished Member

Heart What Should I Wear For College?

(please dont be stupid and say mini skirt and no underwear cos it aint gonna happen, if your gonna be childish and say go naked dont bother posting)

so almost college time and i was wondering what i should wear on my 1st day. i wanna make a good impretion but i still want it to be me. i have spoke to some of my older friends and they said smart/castual but was wondering what you guys would suggest? please either post some words or a list of clothes or a picture of something u think would be good.

thanks x
-Jessie

Last edited by princessjessie; 09-02-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Maggy

Hey, Jessie. If you're looking for ideas on how to attend your first day at college and make sure people remember you for one reason or another, I suggest you make sure you're wearing something noone in the building is going to wear... But of course something that's not going to have you banned from school.

On my first day of college, I decided on doing something similar... And ended up cosplaying. My own costume was that of Zidane from the video game Final Fantasy IX. Tail and everything.

What would be really funny, though, is if you were to dress up as manly as physically possible. Bind your breasts, (if you have any way to do so) tie your hair back and try to frizz it just a little and perhaps use a tiny spot of gel to give it an unkempt look. Don't wear any tight fitting clothes and perhaps a hoodie or (believe me, it works) an open denim jacket. When you're referred to as Jessie, it'll confuse the hell out of everyone, most likely including the teachers. And then they'll hear you speak... Which should raise even more questions as to just what or who it is they're speaking to.

I have dress up ideas coming out my ears.

S.o.w.i.s.a.
Limits: I guess it depends on my mood. ._.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sowisa~
Old 09-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Philosophical

Yeah smart casual is the way to go. Don't go all exposed because first impressions count and you don't want it to stick with you for the rest of your time there.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
princessjessie
Distinguished Member

im not really looking for dress up ideas really but thanks for posting

im looking for something thats quite smart but i can still show me personality x

Old 09-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Vinnie
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjessie View Post
so almost college time and i was wondering what i should wear on my 1st day. i wanna make a good impretion but i still want it to be me. i have spoke to some of my older friends and they said smart/castual but was wondering what you guys would suggest? please either post some words or a list of clothes or a picture of something u think would be good.

thanks x
-Jessie

(please dont be stupid and say mini skirt and no underwear cos it aint gonna happen)

You want make make an impression but still want to be you?

Wt is you? What is your style? What do you classify yoursed as? Ie. Emo goth , preppy , regular, wearing today's fashion ????
Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

I would suggest Smart/casual , but more importantly something you feel comfortable / confident in.

Your first day is important for impressions, getting to know people, the way things happen etc, being comfortant, proud, confident is important. Possibly something with a little colour.

Love Rachie
x x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Old 09-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
princessjessie
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
You want make make an impression but still want to be you?

Wt is you? What is your style? What do you classify yoursed as? Ie. Emo goth , preppy , regular, wearing today's fashion ????
i like leggins and denim skirts and ugg boots lol what would u call that?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
Maggy

Don't mention it xD School and college were my favorite places to be, solely because it gave me a reason to dress up. I couldn't do it every day so I decided wednesdays were dress up day. After a while there were about 6 of us all going to Stevenson's college in costumes and just generally silly outfits. I remember turning up as Jesus one day. Of course I usually wear really big headphones, by backpack and since I decided the "rebelious son of god" outfit wasn't complete yet I attached my "Bassist!" badge to the front of my robes. Kind of helps when you have long hair X3
Limits: I guess it depends on my mood. ._.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sowisa~
Old 09-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Vinnie
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
(please dont be stupid and say mini skirt and no underwear cos it aint gonna happen, if your gonna be childish and say go naked dont bother posting)

thanks x
-Jessie
Quote:
I would call that , what I love in a girl , leggings and ug boots, puts a smile on my face
I would say wear leggings and ugg boots they are a great outfit, and shorts and a tshirt, denim idk but it that's you go with what is you.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
jazzyj

I'm no expert but I'd suggest some coloured opaque tights would make a simple outfit distinctive and memorable. They don't have to be a crazy colour...
Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
DMoe
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Have to be honest Jessie I don't like this outfit. I think Uggs are horrible when worn with anything. The skirt and leggings combo make me think of something a 13/14 year old would wear.

What kind of impression are you trying to make?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
princessjessie
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoe View Post
Have to be honest Jessie I don't like this outfit. I think Uggs are horrible when worn with anything. The skirt and leggings combo make me think of something a 13/14 year old would wear.

What kind of impression are you trying to make?
could you try maybe being a little bit LESS honest so u dont make me feel crap and i wanna be me like smart but still girly and still me

Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #13
DMoe
Distinguished Member

Quote:
could you try maybe being a little bit LESS honest so u dont make me feel crap and i wanna be me like smart but still girly and still me
Please accept my apologies, I was not intending to hurt your feelings.

Here is my suggestion a light colored casual mid length skirt, low heels or sandals, a light colored button up top.

Just remember, you are going to be beautiful no matter what you wear.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

Bug

Jeans and a t-shirt?

That's what I wore to highschool. :P And what I wear now. :-O

Is there a dress code?

Seems like you'd be fine in your denim skirt and leggings.

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
Old 09-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #15
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

There's nothing wrong with the idea of denim skirts and leggings (just maybe not the Uggs, but that's a personal opinion.) You could add a cute top and funky accessories if you feel like it. Or even dark jeans and a cute top. When I stared college, I wore my favourite jeans, trainers and t-shirt with my hoodie because that's what I was comfortable in. That and I don't' care if people judge my clothes or not, I want them to judge my personality. (Not that that happens much, I get judged by the way I look before anyone bothers to get to know me.)

Oops.

In short: As Rachie said, wear something you feel comfortable and confident in. It doesn't have to be too smart, so don't worry too much. I think you've got a brilliant personality and I reckon that'll help you more than the clohes you wear.

Blondie x

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
clothes, college, first impretion, help me, outfit