Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
MasterJinNY

Default Choking and how far to go ????

My sub enjoys being choked. We have a safety gesture built in and it has never failed. she has recently asked if she could go without the gesture and as a show of faith and loyalty allow me to choke her to unconsciousness.

I was looking for some feedback on this.

Has anyone done it?
Dangers associated with it?
And possible medical issues?

Just throwing it out there, not 100% it will be done but doing My diligent research.

Thanks in advance !!
MasterJinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
banneduser
Account Banned

Personally I would advise against it. Unconsciousness involves the brain having a lack of oxygen, so much so that it begins to shut down, IE the early stages of brain death.

Consider how you would feel if your sub never woke up from that state. The regret would feel would be unimaginable and it is not worth that risk.

However.. If you feel comfortable knowing her "tells" then perhaps you can experiment with going past the point where she usually uses her safe gesture. This would give you complete control. From her point of view she has no way of telling you to stop and no way of forcing you to stop. If she uses her gesture do not stop, CAREFULLY watch her but do not indicate or show that you have even seen her gesture. Dont let her pass out though. Dont attempt this until you KNOW her tells and her reactions and her "state" 100%.
banneduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
MasterJinNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by omssx View Post
Personally I would advise against it. Unconsciousness involves the brain having a lack of oxygen, so much so that it begins to shut down, IE the early stages of brain death.

Consider how you would feel if your sub never woke up from that state. The regret would feel would be unimaginable and it is not worth that risk.

However.. If you feel comfortable knowing her "tells" then perhaps you can experiment with going past the point where she usually uses her safe gesture. This would give you complete control. From her point of view she has no way of telling you to stop and no way of forcing you to stop. If she uses her gesture do not stop, CAREFULLY watch her but do not indicate or show that you have even seen her gesture. Dont let her pass out though. Dont attempt this until you KNOW her tells and her reactions and her "state" 100%.
I would be devastated, and in jail, if I ever seriously wounded her.

Thanks for the input !!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
banneduser
Account Banned

Exactly Better to be safe! let us know what you decide and how it goes though.
banneduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
Philosophical

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_...cidental_death
Philosophical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
MasterJinNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical View Post
I read that: Deaths often occur when the loss of consciousness caused by partial asphyxia leads to loss of control over the means of strangulation, resulting in continued asphyxia and death. While often asphyxiophilia is incorporated into sex with a partner, others enjoy this behaviour by themselves, making it potentially more difficult to get out of dangerous situations

This is the reason I am looking into it. she wants Me to choke her out, not tap out and not let up. Being I am "in control" the moment she starts to fade I can release and blood flow resumes. The is no "loss of control" and no "potentially more difficult to get out of dangerous situations"

Just starting to do research on it.

Quote:
Exactly Better to be safe! let us know what you decide and how it goes though.
I will definitely update. It will be the weekend of the 9-11 so expect an update there after.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
carom
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterJinNY View Post
I read that: Deaths often occur when the loss of consciousness caused by partial asphyxia leads to loss of control over the means of strangulation, resulting in continued asphyxia and death. While often asphyxiophilia is incorporated into sex with a partner, others enjoy this behaviour by themselves, making it potentially more difficult to get out of dangerous situations

This is the reason I am looking into it. she wants Me to choke her out, not tap out and not let up. Being I am "in control" the moment she starts to fade I can release and blood flow resumes. The is no "loss of control" and no "potentially more difficult to get out of dangerous situations"

Just starting to do research on it.
Choking is doable, but it always has the risk of being fatal and both should be aware of that!

I will try to keep the medical aspects at an understandable level.

You two are getting in an area that is very complex.
Choking is edgeplay, you both should be fully aware of that and not take it lightly or think that as long as you stop early enough you are out of danger zone.

You are a bit to centered about the loosing oxygen in the brain there.
The main, but not only risk, is a cardiac arrest. That can happen at any time while choking, and has a quiet low chance of surviving even if you start to use CPR right away.
The edgeplay part is less the chance of it happening but the fact that it is in 90% fatal. That makes choking some of the high risk play. And you both should be aware of it.

To the choking until unconscious. While you are right about the fact that people die from not being able to release themselves and that this risk is quiet low as long as you stop it early enough, there are still some things that make this clearly a bit more dangerous.

- The only sign of a cardiac arrest you have is that the person will faint. While it is not happening extreme often it can happen any time. If you don't recognize it it will lower the chance to help, that are low to start with, even more.

- Fainting is fluid. It is almost impossible to say if you are still fine or going to far.

- At this point the body will be at its limit and start "survival mode" That can cause damage to the system. The farer you go the higher the risk of something going wrong. Cardiac arrest is the most dangerous i am aware of. But it can cause other things, too.

- You faint because of the low oxygen level to the brain. There is the chance of minimal brain damage by having short term oxygen loses. While not showing anything after one or two or even 10 or 20 or 100times, losing oxygen flow to it very often may cause this small things to add up.
You may want to look into sleep apnea syndrome if you want to read more about this subject btw.

Whatever you decide to do be save and have fun.
carom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
alpha

Between Philosophical's link and what carom and ommsx said, they summed up the risks pretty well. From what I understand, choking in a BDSM scenario can never be done without a certain degree of risk, so it's obviously a lot worse when you get into things like choking to unconciousness. Even though I think it would be fun, I could never see the benefits outweighing the risk.
alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #9
Counterfeit_Fantasy

Just my two cents, I'll give you my experience. I really do not believe that choking until out cold would ever be a good idea. Read above for that bit.

However, choking itself isn't what it's cut out to be if it's done right. There's a little guide out there in the web for safe choking fetish practices, if you look around. My Dom enjoys choking to an extent as a display of power and loyalty, much like what your sub wants to show to you. Before we started he told me that the feeling the receiver gets afterwards can be obtained without pressing the main areas of the windpipe. Speaking of windpipe, I suggest you do a little digging on which part is safe to apply pressure to.

My best advice is giving your sub the reassurance that she does not need to go to any extreme actions to prove to you that she's loyal. The gesture of asking for it is commitment enough itself.

Passive Aggressive, Sarcastic, and Squishy, oh so Squishy
Message - Comment -
FetLife
Counterfeit_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
Dark_Delight
Account Banned

As long as she doesn't have any medical condition and isn't fragile you should beable to choke her to unconsciousness once without any issues. Just stop as soon as she passes out and don't do it too often and it should be fine.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
Ranzid
Account Banned

Personally id not choke to unconsciousness , but air play can be fun if done right , it is however as people have said a very risky thing to do.

and most definitely if they go limp stop
Old 09-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #12
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

Never a good idea. It is possible to cause brain damage even before the point of obviously passing out, as well as other less severe effects.

Breath play is a big thing of mine, but it's always done with absolute precision.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #13
Maggy

It's true that passing out from choking is a sign you've gone too far... But even though it's not "advisable" it isn't the most dangerous of experiments.

I did British style Jitsu for a few years and ended up trying my luck with mixed martial arts. To get you used to the idea of playing till knock out, they would show you just how effective choke holds actually are and have you feint in the class. The only problem is, it's often hard to find that line. To stop any real damage being done, you have to stop choking before they pass out but not before the lack of oxygen is enough to make them do so.

When it comes to s&m where there isn't anyone supervising to tell you "that's enough" it's probably best to avoid it. Stick to choking till discomfort and leave it at that. Don't want to kill 'em, right?

Sowisa.
Limits: I guess it depends on my mood. ._.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Sowisa~
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
MasterJinNY

Great responses everyone. We\w are still unsure of the direction, she is wanting to do it more than Me. she just wants to "experience" it. Nothing to do with loyalty or proving herself to me.

All this will be taken in consideration next time We\w meet to play.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #15
Dutch Dominant

Saw it, done it, then saw it get out of hand.

The Dom did everything right. Choke hold, pressure applied, the submissive knew what was comming. They had done it before. They were both smiling. Except her breathing wasn't regular when he finally let go, and she didn't come by. This is why it pays to do CPR/First Aid-courses.

Not saying that the fact bad things has happened should stop you, but if you are going to do this, make sure you have taken everything into account. Make sure there's a phone nearby, in case things go wrong. Preferably know how to resessitate someone, or at least have a rough idea of how to get someone breathing. If you can, have a third party present.

It will probably be a while before I try it again though.
Dutch Dominant is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk