Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 02-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
andrew_b
getDare Cultist (Outer Circle)

Send a message via MSN to andrew_b
Default An Advice Section?

I know could be slightly complex but what about having a advice section particularly for the younger or less experiences users.

The best way for it to work though would be to have the users who want to ask for advice create a thread and only a select few mods/users can reply to these threads.

It's all very well having this kind of a section but there would need to be a level of consistency.

Maybe having only the mods and mod selected users for this section would work, also maybe other users can put themselves forward based on their experiences.

Like I said from the start, this could be rather complex but I think advising newer users could be very useful.

My Real Experiences
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81891

Send me a pm if you want, I'm always up for chatting to people

CHECK OUT MY NEW FICTIONAL STORY "Pushed to Fantasy (On Vacation)" LINK BELOW
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...00#post4465100

I've also got snapchat, kik, skype and messenger. If you want to add me just send me a pm and I'll give you my username(s)
andrew_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I presume that you mean something like the current Advice Section, but with a restriction. The way I see it, restricting potential advice-giving people will only result in the thread poster to receive lesser (useful) advice.

If it were the case that bad advice is given in the current Advice Section, then it would be an option to implement this idea to counter the bad advice. But I do (or can) not see any bad advice being given in the Advice Section. And even if bad advice was given, more experienced people would post in the thread saying so and give proper advice themselves.

Besides, it would be rather hard to select a group of people who may give advice exclusively. I mean, (almost) nobody knows the tricks of all the trades within the BDSM lifestyle. There are bound to be people who have more knowledge about certain subjects than anyone of those who is selected as getDare's Advisors.

Disclaimer: I often miss the point of things, it's a part of me. So correct me if I am mistaken.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 02-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
andrew_b
getDare Cultist (Outer Circle)

Send a message via MSN to andrew_b

Hmm maybe I meant more specific advice and warnings for people who are going to do dares or tasks.

I actually couldn't remember if there was an advice section but one of the threads in it is mine

The problem I find either way is that it's hidden away a bit, it takes a bit of digging to find it and maybe even that could be moved to the front of the getDare forums.

It was just a concern I had that some people on here aren't getting the right warnings from others users, although the nature of the site makes this hard at the best of times anyway.

Either way I thought it was something worth bringing up, thanks for taking the time to read my post

My Real Experiences
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81891

Send me a pm if you want, I'm always up for chatting to people

CHECK OUT MY NEW FICTIONAL STORY "Pushed to Fantasy (On Vacation)" LINK BELOW
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...00#post4465100

I've also got snapchat, kik, skype and messenger. If you want to add me just send me a pm and I'll give you my username(s)
andrew_b is offline   Reply With Quote