Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 10-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
itsnotqwerty
Account Banned

Book The Ultimate Guide to Making Dares

This is all my personal strategies for making dares, and if you think this could be improved upon I urge you to create your own thread like this.

Prelude
Dares can be pretty hard to make, so I'll try my best to break it all down. In my personal view, each dare (or set of dares) should take up its own personal space; a "sandbox," if you will. This sandbox is the foundation of the dare. All good dares have their own, and that leads to some pretty convoluted networks occurring. Some sandboxes are found inside of other sandboxes. Some sandboxes are specifically designed to reach out to other sandboxes. Some may even be completely isolated, so that no other sandbox can affect it. However, all good dares can also be broken down into simple components.

The Types of Dares
Dares can easily be broken down into a few types, with relative simplicity: Intra-type dares, Inter-type dares, and Meta-type dares.

Intra-type dares affect only themselves and the person given the dare. This is the most basic kind of dare that you can use, and is the base that the other types of dares are built upon. "I dare you to eat 20 hot dogs."
You can easily see how this type of dare works. These types of dares usually involve set numbers of things.

Inter-type dares only affect themselves and intra-type dares. When you start to get creative with your dares, you'll realize that you can use your dare to modify other dares. "Each dare after this post is multiplied by 5."
While inter-type dares can be a bit intimidating, they are very similar to intra-type dares. These types of dares usually involve set numbers too, with the difference being that they affect other dares instead of the person being given the dare.

Meta-type dares affect themselves, the person given the dare, intra-type dares, and inter-type dares. While they seem similar to inter-type dares, they are distinguishable from the former. Notice how in the next example, there is a set number and also a variable that can change depending on future or past events. "For each person who has posted in this thread, I dare you to eat 2 hot dogs."
Even though meta-type dares at some point can be difficult to tell apart from inter-type dares, you can use this rule of thumb: If the dare is influenced by things outside of the set of dares itself, it is a meta-type dare.

Creating a Dare
Now that you know the types of dares, you should be able to learn how to create one. It's fairly easy, too! All you have to do is make an equation for the dare, plug in your variables, and you're good to go.
At this point, you may be thinking, "Wait, what? Make an equation for your dare?"
However, you don't really need to worry. All you need to know is that every dare can be represented by a mathematical equation. For the sake of simplicity, I'll be using the examples from earlier as examples again.

"Eat 20 hot dogs": x=20
"Each dare in this thread is multiplied by 5": x=5(a+b+c...)
"Eat 2 hot dogs for every person who has posted in this thread": x=2y

So, now that you've seen how each dare can be represented by an equation, let's try making some equations and then turning them into some dares.

x=y/2: "For every 2 people who post in this thread, eat a hot dog."
x=20±5: "Roll a die. If it lands on an even number, eat 15 hot dogs. If it lands on an odd number, eat 25 hot dogs."
if z>y, then x=y+5: "If the next number of hot dogs assigned for you to eat is less than the total amount you've already eaten, eat 5 more hot dogs."

As you can see, we've created some dares from just a few simple equations. This is how the entire system works. You choose a type of dare, create an equation based off of that type of dare, and then you plug in your variables. Then you've got a dare!

Conclusion
Using all the skills I've given you, I hope that you'll come up with some great dares. Also, feel free to come up with your own system to use! I understand that some people aren't the best at math, so try to use what works best for you.

Limits: Bodily fluids / gore, illegal activity, public, severe pain

Kik: itsnotqwerty
itsnotqwerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
dare, dares, fun, guide