Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 12-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

Default Googling yourself (not a euphemism)...

We've all done it, and several times, but I'm curious about just how many of you have done it here.

I'll admit, I never thought about it until tonight, exceptionally bored and tried searching for a particular thread, then when I couldn't find it I decided to search for my username... And several of the results actually were direct references to me.

If you've got a common username, or go by a different nickname, then I'm not sure how successful your search would be, but for those of you who have distinct names then give it a shot, it's surprisingly enlightening...

And for those who have tried it, what made you try it? What did you find? Were you surprised by the amount of threads which mention you? Did you expect more /less?

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:01 AM   #2
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

Just for you I googled my username. Nothing about me, on the first page that is. Just stuff about music, reggae mostly obviously. I even saw the name of one of my favourite bands, "SOJA".
When I do google my load real name alot of newspapers and shit come up with my dporting achievements. Also a lot of pictures that make me want to cry knowing that everyone can see them
Jah Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Cstelle
gD Curio

Interesting (nah, not really). Nothing on any current usernames, but some work-related stuff on my real name, and some usenet silliness from the early 90s. Nothing surprising.

(But "googling yourself" deserves to be a euphemism!)

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Naughty_Challenger

Well, first references are Getdare and Kinktalk.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
redambergreen

Nothing for me, which is what I'd expect. I go to great lengths to ensure my privacy online, and never using the same username twice is part of that.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
Sapphire

Obviously my name brings up thousands of pages having nothing to do with me. I have a few other usernames on others sites that are quite unique though and did in fact pull up posts and such by me. I even found a blog I had written a long long time ago.

What was freaky was googling my real name. I found a site that told people where my parent's lived. Pictures of me came up. Information I wouldn't want public was out there. *shudders*

1) I am not a Mistress

That is all, carry on!
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
BlueCookies
getDare Sweetheart

My non-kink username brings up a lot of stuff of mine when searched on google. I too found an old blog (from when i was 13, and so naive), and it brought back a lot of memories.

If you google this username, it comes up with cookie recipes :3

And my real name comes up with local results, university items, etc.

Likes: Semi-public, humiliation, orgasm control/denial, bondage, body writing, nipple play, teasing, messy, toothpaste, anything creative/unique
Dislikes: Pee/poop (will do pee for punishment), pain
Limits: Bananas, too public or risky, permanent, pictures (for complete strangers), family, webcam

Ask a Cookie Anything!
My Return to getDare
Check out my list of toys here!
Cookie's PM Dares (currently active)
BlueCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #8
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post

What was freaky was googling my real name. I found a site that told people where my parent's lived. Pictures of me came up. Information I wouldn't want public was out there. *shudders*
I know exactly what you mean, when I was much younger and far more naïve I used my same email account for everything, when that was googled it came up with links to my MySpace account (yes, that's how long ago it was) and everything I'd ever done online, including here... I don't think many people Google email addresses, but when I remember to I look into other people's, see what comes up

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #9
Heroner

I googled someone's gd username while i was still lurking on here and discovered she used the same username for her livejournal blog which she used as a daily diary. It was fascinating to read, if a bit creepy. Obviously she had no idea anyone would ever link the two.

This username 's unique to gd so i wouldn't think googling it leads to anything interesting. My real name leaves far too many traces on Google though!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
Sasher
Distinguished Member

When I searched for "Sasher Sasherovsky" there was no results, but... Here's a funny thing. I Googled Sasher and... I found this stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OnollFJ8yw
https://www.facebook.com/Sasher.BA
http://pl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sasher

I am laughing so hard right now.
Sasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
AppleEden

Not a surprise what I got. First page a wikipedia page about "forbidden fruit" :P. Then pinterest, facebook, recipes for a drink which I might want to try ("Apple Eden cocktail"), a bunch of stuff, but none of it actually links to me. Though I'm careful, I only use this name for here.

Even when I google my real name it takes a while for me to find anything. Eventually some of my music shows up. There's a lot of people with my name I guess :P.

Likes: Spanking, ice play, nipple play, mild-medium pain, bondage, VERY hidden public
Middle: edging, wedgies
Dislikes: body writing, anything anal, diapers, dog/pet play.
Hard Limits: Full public, family/friends, scat/blood, dangerous/permanent (incl. risk of infection), anything that can aggravate my injuries, body shaming, blackmail, significant alterations to sleeping.
AppleEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #12
MLPDRACO
getDare Sweetheart

Looks like Im pretty well protected, both real name and this username (somebody draws a few bunnies/trannies on my username on devian art.. its aint me!) cos my real name is pretty comomm.

I had one older nickname with a bdsm site attached to it 10 years ago, and no traces of it show up too. only things I can see is some posts from getdare and old posts anna bound forum, not much anyway.

thanks god.

I dont dare minor ages. I dont do illegal stuff.
MLPDRACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #13
Happy Me

My old username on here (happyme127) brings up pages of stuff that is actually all me. Mostly Tumblr (not pictures of me, but pictures I took and things that I hearted on there), but also my soundcloud, and a song someone sang for me (from getDare) that was then somehow ripped and got all over the place.

My real life name brings up pages of stuff that is actually me. My career and school history (via company websites or other things), news articles, linkedin, facebook, myspace, some photography I did, etc.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #14
M.G
getDare Sweetheart

Google'd myself (used my rl name) today, a website for a petrol company popped up.
I tried to just so I could fill out this post
and I expected more...

Anyone need petrol?

HELLO, I'M M.G
I HOPE YOU HAVE AN EXTREMELY KINKY DAY.

- A DOM TRYING TO FIND HIMSELF -

- B H-
- AMA -
- TUMBLR -

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
M.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #15
Happy Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.G View Post
Google'd myself (used my rl name) today, a website for a petrol company popped up.
I tried to just so I could fill out this post
and I expected more...

Anyone need petrol?
Lollllll. Me! Me!

Advertisements
Kink Talk