Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Lounge Games

Old 08-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #1
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

Default Werewolves of Dareville

A cold breeze flows in the night, it's silent and dark in the village of Dareville, for it is night. Life is easy and simple, the people humble and happy. But there is a curse over this village, one that used to haunt it decades ago, one that only lives forth in myths and stories.

The villagers live their daily lives, with the selection of the mayor as only big event next... As far as they know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Werewolfs is a popular card game in The Netherlands invented in France, It's a game of thought, teamwork and stratagy. Luckily for you guys I got a version for online up my sleeve, making the game more of an RPG, seeing as GD has so many good writers I thought you guys would love it.
I need to translate the rules from dutch as I can't find an english version so I'll update this soon.
To compete in this game you need to be prepared to log in and post once a day. If this first round is a succes I will make other rounds.

I'll need at least 8 players for this first round, you got untill 08-22 to join the game.

If you want to join comment with maybe a description of your character, what she or he does for job, what he is like. Or maybe just a passage of a day out of his/her daily life.
The purpose is to write from an ''I'' perspective.

NOTE: If I think you play unfair/you just stop/or anything else that ruins the game experience you will be excluded from future games

Who's in?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game book

The game
There are two groups in the game: the werewolves and the villagers.
The game can be won by the villagers killing all werewolves or the other way around.

At the start of the game everyone gets a random role assigned by me, the game leader, this role is a secret, do not tell anyone.

The game exsists of the cycle between day and night, it starts in a day where a mayor will be elected, this will be done by villagers voting on someone. Then the night falls on dareville, the werewolves vote together to kill a villager, this villager will be feasted on and found dead in the morning. The surviving villagers will get together to vote on someone, the person with the most votes will get killed. Of course the goal is to kill the werewolves... or the guy that shat in your garden.
Then the night falls again, this cycle continues untill one group is left standing.

Rules
-At the start you get a random role assigned, keep this a secret (werewolves get to know each other)
-The cycle of day and night changes with day (08-19 is day, 08-20 is night and 08-21 is day etc.)
-When the villagers’ votes are divided equally the side the mayor is on will win ( 2 votes including mayor to kill Rachie, 2votes to kill Leopard, Rachie gets killed)
-When someone is killed their role will be revealed
-Dead? Game over
-A vote to kill must contain a reason, the name of the one you vote on must be bolded.

The roles
Villagers: They vote at day to kill someone in the hope it’s a werewolf
Werewolf: These creatures of the night feast on someone every night, they also get to vote in daytime because they diguise themselves in their human form
Cupid: This person makes two people fall in love at the start of the game, can make himself fall in love with someone else, after this it’s a normal villager
Beloved: Coupled by cupid, they live and die together, literally.
The lucky bastard: Has a 50% chance to survive a werewolf attack
The eyewitness: A brave villager who can chose a night to get to know the name of one werewolf, After this the eyewitness will get revealed to the wolves. (the next day)
The one with the testament: When he dies his testament gets revealed, in this he gets one last vote the day after he dies
The necromancer: When he dies he uses powerfull magic to bring someone else back to life, this person will be reborn as either villager or hunter
The hunter: This one is a fighter, when he is killed he gets the chance to take someone down with him
The witch: She has 2 potions, one of life and one of death, after each night she gets to decide to use the potion of life on the victim, if she decides to do this he will live, she can also decide to use a potion of killingness, this will kill someone by her choice

Not all roles are to be used in one game, what roles are used will be announced at the ery beginning

Last edited by Jah Brother; 08-19-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Jah Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
Hiddenuser

This would be awesome. I doubt that I'll have enough time to play though.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

It's only 5 minutes a day, ten if you happen to play werewolf
Old 08-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #4
Hiddenuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Brother View Post
It's only 5 minutes a day, ten if you happen to play werewolf
Not from my experience. It's hours worth of analysis and strategy planning
Old 08-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

Updated with all the rules and roles
You can now join the game, write me a PM or post here with some nice get-to-know character piece, after three days I will close the subscribtion, if we got 8 people or more we play, less than 8 I guess not enough are interested and I will leave the thread to die.

If you do not play, do not post please, this will make the thread confusing
Old 08-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

Story teller
Jah Brother

Players
-

Advertisements
Kink Talk