Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 10-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
LillianCabell

Default What makes someone a pervert..?

Recently.. My friends and I discussed about this topic and we are not able to conclude any answer to it. :/ We have quite a few opinions about it but it didn't really quite answer the question... I mean, if we call someone a pervert, there must be something special about them, but the things we speak off about perverts... Don't we all have it at some point? Like, if we say someone who has weird fetishes is a pervert... Surely, we all have weird fetishes at some point! :/ Which makes most people a pervert. So the question is, what makes a pervert so distinct/unique that we call them a pervert or perhaps, perverted, that they do not conform to the general definition of the term.

Let's discuss! :)

Click here for a surprise!

-- Just so everyone know... I am not a slut to keep putting stuffs up. My BFFs are the culprits for that. --
LillianCabell is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to LillianCabell for this post:
Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
TheTurretCube

I think the term "Pervert" is used too lightly
Honestly, the only time I'd consider using the word is wen someone is exhibiting their sexual preference in such a way as to deliberatley make others feel uncomfortable

Kik: TheTurretCube

"DROP FOR ME" is my hypno trigger~

Loves
: Truths, Light Anal, Hypno-Fetish, Futanari

Likes: Being controlled, feet, hentai, cumplay, sometimes pics

Limits/not inclined to do: Poo, pain, extreme anal/gape, illegal, public, X-Dressing, messy, ice

PM Dares: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=87972

Toys:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81731
TheTurretCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Iodine
getDare Succubus

I dont think ive ever met a man (well young man) who couldn't be in some form or another thought of as a pervert, its just a insult people use to make you feel bad, if they want to call you that they will find a excuse.

Ever had a erection while thinking of a someone, your a pervert.

Take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.

Mysterious hyperlink!
Iodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
TheTurretCube

What if that person is my girlfriend?

Kik: TheTurretCube

"DROP FOR ME" is my hypno trigger~

Loves
: Truths, Light Anal, Hypno-Fetish, Futanari

Likes: Being controlled, feet, hentai, cumplay, sometimes pics

Limits/not inclined to do: Poo, pain, extreme anal/gape, illegal, public, X-Dressing, messy, ice

PM Dares: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=87972

Toys:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81731
TheTurretCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Iodine
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTurretCube View Post
What if that person is my girlfriend?
What about it, your still thinking sexual thoughts about someone.

Couldnt that be classed as perverted?

Take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.

Mysterious hyperlink!
Iodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

Perversion in the purest sense is thought and behaviour that deviates from a norm, real or perceived. That is pretty much it. What makes things complicated is when value and control/power dynamics are combined with them.

Normal, good, natural, desirable are words that in many cultures are lumped together and tweaked both consciously and not by ourselves and others, usually for some form of short-term advantage.

The irony is that variation is natural, and, when broken down, the damage and injustice created by 'normal' daily life happenings is of much greater magnitude than what is considered 'perverse'.

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge

Last edited by StrawDog; 10-07-2013 at 09:08 AM.
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
Briankelly130

Send a message via MSN to Briankelly130 Send a message via Yahoo to Briankelly130

As others above me have mentioned, a pervert is generally someone who's open about their sexual tastes or at least accepts them and isn't overly ashamed of them. It's all about norms and deviating from what people consider normal and proper. I could go into this huge paragraph about my views on social norms but I'll just say that if someone calls you a pervert or if you feel you have perverted interests, be proud of it, it's your life, your tastes and as long as it's not hurting anyone (in a non-consensual way) then why feel ashamed at what you're into.
Briankelly130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
Adrian6970

I think it's one of those things which is necessarily subjective. 'Pervert' is certainly not a word I'd ever use lightly, and hearing other people use it to simply describe those whose tastes they don't share displeases me a lot.

Okay about: Mild CP/Spanking (as spanker not spankee)

Dislikes/limits: Anything illegal, non-consensual activities, anything involving the infliction of severe pain or unnecessary risk to bodily safety
Adrian6970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
ZMBKL9

To me, a pervert is someone who cannot have a decent conversation without going to sexual thoughts or ideas.
ZMBKL9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #10
Duleshna
getDare Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMBKL9 View Post
To me, a pervert is someone who cannot have a decent conversation without going to sexual thoughts or ideas.
That's a pretty good one. Although that might be someone with some issues instead of just perversion... Oh well. It's a hard term to describe in a way that leaves no doupts, buts or ifs.

Norm is determined by the society and the society is in constant change. Therefore the term itself is under change too.
Duleshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #11
Jusey1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMBKL9 View Post
Pretty much this.

Another thing to add to it is a pervert would be someone who would watch a TV show and literally comment on hot/sexy a character is and that sort of stuff. (More specifically, a sexual part of the character).

Willing to do anything except listed dislikes. Will also share almost any requested pictures, if asked.

Dislikes - Anything related to pain (Whips, torture, etc. I'm in this for the pleasure side of things). Oral or finger the anal hole. Piss/Shit related stuff. Extreme Bondage. Anything Illegal. Humiliation.

Is a Switch. I'm a kind, caring, and respectful Master; and will be a Slave to any other Masters/Mistresses that are the same.
Jusey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk